“Great room, pools are NOT fun”

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #8 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Family of 4 (girls aged 8 and 12) stayed for a week at Palazzo. Good is the room is amazing and very roomy. Loved it. Lots to do in the area. The pools are very poor for Vegas standards for kids. If you want a "fun" pool for kids or yourself, this is not it. Very lame, small and there is NO shade for anyone unless you rent a cabana. If you want a fun pool with shade, go to the MGM, Mirage or Flamingo

Room Tip: All suits are amazing
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank RyanMaz
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Dear RyanMaz,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I am particularly pleased that you and your family enjoyed the your suite and the many attractions available at The Palazzo. I do apologize if our pools did not exceed your expectations. With a multitude of pools throughout our property, I am confident that we could have found a better area for you. I do hope that you will return in the future.

VP of Hotel Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (16,187)

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Spent 4 nights at the Palazzo at the end of July and had an excellent time. The rooms are large and very comfortable. I was able to get in early and be all settled in by 11:20 AM. Enjoyed quick room service deliveries when we had the late night munchies. As my traveling companion said the Palazzo feels comfy the décor is not overly done or trying to be overly modern or hip but a place you can relax and enjoy. We have stayed at the Palazzo many times and will continue to use this as our go to hotel in Vegas!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Dear kwachs,

It was a pleasure hosting you for the summer holiday! I am so glad that you were able to enjoy your time with us. Your sentiments are wonderful, and I am delighted that you enjoyed your suite and in-suite dining experience. Thank you again, and I am excited to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Love this hotel - rooms are large, beds comfortable, view for us was excellent across the strip. Located in middle of strip attractions, neatly opposite fashion mall and short walk to Ceasars shops. Adjoining the Venetian so you can walk straight through and use their pool and facilities also. Used spa which was lovely - staff were attentive and treatments done well. No queue for check in this time but have waited longer before on previous visit. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear CBirks2014,

It is with great pleasure to read such wonderful comments, and I am grateful that you have taken the time to provide us with your review. As much as you enjoyed your stay at The Palazzo, we enjoyed having you as a guest. I am pleased that you recommend The Palazzo, and that you were impressed with our location and suites.

We look forward to serving you on a future trip to Las Vegas.

Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

4th year to stay at the palazzo. I honestly must say, it may be my last time here. First, my husband and I were excited about the upgraded view we paid for. At check in- I was promised a spectacular view of the strip! We stayed in room 27-802. Opened the drapes to find a view of the right side of Treasure Island and the Shopping mall parking lot. Let down. I called and requested a better view, sorry they said, we are sold out. However, they did refund the upgrade fee. Why promise a guest at check in something that obviously isn't true. Instead say, how about a fabulous view of Treasure Island. Rooms are always nice, so who cares about the view view right? Casino, just had a different vibe, we enjoy upbeat music and friendly dealers who engage in conversation, they are relying on tips from winning players right? The first table, my dealer could barely speak English. They should definitely brush up on their English. So we gambled elsewhere the entire visit which is a HUGE inconvenience. Sushi Samba and Tao are always great restaurants to hit during your stay.

Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Sarah T

Dear Sarah T,

I appreciate your review very much, and I thank you for choosing The Palazzo for your recent stay. With this being your fourth year at our resort, I am utterly disappointed that we did not exceed your expectations. I truly hope that it is not your last time as I can assure you that your experience was truly atypical. I am confident that your fifth stay will be of the same caliber as your previous stays before this one, and we will strive to ensure just that.

Thank you so much, and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Our stay at the Palazzo in Vegas started out pretty badly. We were supposed to be staying in the Venetian, and arrived to find our bedroom blinds covered in blood, it looked like a scene from CSI. At first the staff didn't see the issue and told us they couldn't move us because the Venetian was full, but they eventually decided to move us to their sister hotel, the Palazzo.

They moved us across and all was fine. Then I walked into the bathroom and felt a sharp pain underfoot - I'd stepped on a large shard of glass from a smashed glass foundation bottle, it was all over the floor. I cleaned up my bleeding foot and the glass on the floor and thought 'surely nothing else could go wrong'...then there was a gigantic hole in the sheet on my bed.

Despite all of the issues we had with our room, we did enjoy our stay at the Palazzo. The facilities were first-class, the swimming pools absolutely wonderful, and the casino and restaurants superb. The location is also fantastic, it's at the far end of the strip opposite treasure island (we could see the show at treasure island from our room!), and very easy to walk up the strip.

I wouldn't stay here again purely because of the staff's inability to see the issue with a blood covered blind, and the lack of attention to detail with the cleanliness of both of the rooms in both the Venetian and Palazzo. Maybe we just got unlucky, but when you're paying so much for the rooms, I really wouldn't want to risk staying here again.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with a view of the strip!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Catherine L

Dear Catherine L,

I am appalled that you had to endure what you have outlined for me! I am truly sorry, and I would like to investigate the suites that you have brought to my attention. I do not take instances like this lightly, so I urge you to please be in touch with my team. They will reach out to you directly via TripAdvisor, so that we may look into this further.

Thank you for your patronage of The Palazzo. I can assure you that situations like these are not condoned or tolerated and are truly atypical, and we will ensure that they do not happen again.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

I have been making an annual visit to the Palazzo for several years, and for the most part I love it. The hotel is beautiful and the restaurants are fantastic. I spend most of my day in the pool area, and this is where some improvement is needed. The pools should be sparkling clean first thing in the morning, and such is not always the case. There were areas of missing tiles and grout in one of the pools, and while I noted this on a post-visit survey, one year later it was barely any better. There are cafés and bistros in which to eat, however the poolside to-go options are ridiculously limited. Sometimes it seems as if the hotel is just a little too large for its own good. That said, again, it is a beautiful hotel.

Room Tip: The higher above the street, generally the quieter the room
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear drdavidg22,

Thank you so much for making The Palazzo your preferred hotel and resort in Las Vegas! There are so many hotel options to choose from on the famed Las Vegas Strip, so it is always with great delight and sheer joy to know that you choose us year after year. Your loyalty is truly valued!

I also truly appreciate your comments regarding your pool experience. We are always open to suggestions as we endeavor to provide experiences that are truly superior. This will definitely be looked into.

Thank you again for your kind feedback, and I look forward to exceeding your expectations again in the very near future.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

I use to love coming here with my husband. We come every year for a week. We've been going to Palazzo for as long as it's been open. This last time we went (in April 2014), the luggage took forever, the electricity didn't work in the bathroom (They had to get the electricians), and the room service (which we had found exceptional up till now) was cold and wrong both times we ordered. I was so bummed. We are lucky enough to be going to Vegas for the second time this year this month in August and we have decided to try something else-the Wynne. Goodbye Palazzo!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Cathy S

Dear Cathy S,

Thank you for choosing The Palazzo and for taking the time to share your most recent experience. I know that you have been a loyal guest of The Palazzo, and I am truly so disheartened that we did not exceed the expectations that you have set before us. Although you will be returning and staying elsewhere, I do hope that you will allow us an opportunity to welcome you back. You have been staying with us for years, and it would be regretful to lose your loyalty.