“The Palazzo left me feeling spoiled!”

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #8 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Kansas City, Missouri
“The Palazzo left me feeling spoiled!”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

My husband and I came to Vegas this past weekend (July 18-20, 2014) for a couples weekend. We booked through Southwest Vacations, something I'm not likely to do again, but that's another story for another time. We arrived at the Venetian (the hotel we originally booked) pretty early on Friday-around 10:30am because we had no idea what time check-in was. The person checking us asked if we wanted to upgrade to the Prestige at the Palazzo package for an additional $100/night. We decided that we would, and he began to search for available rooms. Thankfully there was one because we'd just had our luggage taken by the valet and it contained some refrigerated items that we wanted to stow away as soon as possible.

Which leads me to my first con: the only refrigerator in the suite was the stocked mini bar. I travel with refrigerated items and really need to keep a few of the things I bring cold. So, my husband and I went and bought a soft sided cooler to keep my items in. I was really surprised that there wasn't a fridge in the room. Or a coffeemaker. But, I travel with my own cold brew coffee, so it wasn't a terrible inconvenience. If you're a coffee drinker, this will be an inconvenience to you.

Next con: We could only find one restaurant on the property that served breakfast before 8am, the Grand Lux Cafe. When you upgrade to the Prestige at the Palazzo package, there is a complimentary Continental breakfast included. But since I don't eat wheat, this was not an option for me. There may have been more breakfast options, but the Concierge desk doesn't open until 8am, so we couldn't ask.

On to the good stuff: the suites are AMAZING! We stayed in a Luxury King suite, and I have to say, it was perfect! Nice and roomy, but still felt comfy and cozy. It has a nice full length mirror just outside the bathroom, which is nice to have so you can check how you look before you go out for the evening. I loved that the shower was separate from the tub, and the toilet had its own room. There is also a lovely vanity, complete with a lighted makeup mirror, a small box of q-tips and other beauty related items, and a hair dryer.

The bedroom was really nice and my husband and I slept beautifully each night.There is a lighted closet in the bedroom that has some really nice quality hangers, an iron/ironing board, in room safe, and a robe and slippers for two people. The living area was really nice for relaxing and reading, but we didn't use it too much, except for when we were deciding which shows to see and which restaurants to eat in. There were some nice magazine/guides on the table which made things a bit easier.

This is also where the mini bar and other foods are that the hotel will charge you outrageous amounts for if you take any of them. I was tempted a time or two, but knowing how much each item is, was a BIG deterrent.

We had what I'll call a split view - we could see part of the south end of the Strip to our left, and the mountains to the right. It was quite nice.

As I mentioned before, we took advantage of the Prestige at the Palazzo package. This was one of the best parts of our stay: private concierge service, a lounge reserved just for people with this package, and tons of other wonderful amenities. Our first day there, we went upstairs to check it out and met James, one of the bartenders in the lounge. We loved James! He was friendly,knowledgeable about the area (what to see, what to avoid) and made the best rum punch I've ever tasted! Each evening from 5-8pm, the lounge hosts a cocktail reception, complete with a nice array of hot and cold appetizers. And it's all FREE! Awesome!

All in all, we had a lovely experience and both said that despite the downsides, we would definitely stay at the Palazzo again.

Room Tip: Upon check-in, ask for a room with a strip view. If they don't have a strip view room, it's...
6 Thank Keri B
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear keribrewster,

Thank you for your very extensive review and providing so many details and insights regarding your experience at The Palazzo. I am particularly struck by the time and extensive detail that you provided future visitors to The Palazzo. Your thoughtful review painted a very beautiful picture of the charm and striking beauty of our resort, and I thank you. I am also truly grateful for the candidness of your review in the areas that could be improved. We are always open to suggestions as we are always looking for ways in which we can improve upon our services and offerings. It was a pleasure having you, and we look forward to extending the magic of The Palazzo to you again in the future.

Once again, thank you.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,617)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Palmer, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I recently stayed at the Palazzo while I was attending a conference in hotel. The room we stayed in was gorgeous. From the bathroom to the living room and everything in between. The other part of our stay that was outstanding were the employees of the Palazzo. It started when we checked-in with excellent service there, the housekeepers were friendly, the help at the Concierge was amazing, and all people that we came in contact with were also friendly as could be.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Becky M
Dear Becky M,

Please allow me to personally thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am so glad that you have allowed my team to welcome you. To know that you had an experience that exceeded your expectations brings much jubilation as I firmly believe that our guests deserve to experience the very best. Thank you for the wonderful insights that you have shared and for allowing us to be a part of your conference stay in Las Vegas. I look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Very nice rooms great service.all seven pools were nice and clean.very large rooms and clean.very large place lots to do and see without even leaving hotel. Food courts good price for where you are at with great food.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Ctg1967
Dear Ctg1967,

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I hate to say I felt like the country cousin come to the big city but I did. I was amazed at the standard suite that had a large bathroom, a spacious bedroom and then an additional seating area. I'm a bit claustrophobic and find hotel rooms challenging. I didn't feel cramped or crowded during my stay.
I'm a bathroom snob (I have a fabulous one at home and almost hate to travel!) but this one was almost as good as mine at home. The room itself is good size with a little vanity area and a separate toilet room. The bathtub is nice. The shower won me over as it was a stand alone shower of a decent size. I really hate bathtub showers with the curtain. This shower was glass enclosed so I didn't feel claustrophobic at all. There were 2 sinks, a tv and a telephone.
The bed was king size, nice and comfy. Space to move around as it wasn't butted up against walls on either side.
There was an additional seating area with tv, work desk and couch. The decor was pleasant and the artwork nice. I don't usually care about artwork in a hotel but this went well with the decor and had some personality.
The only think I found odd was there were no bell hops to open doors or handle luggage. It was most annoying when we checked in at The Venetian (a sister hotel) and were told we were booked at The Palazzo. Given a map and sent on our confusing and very long way to the correct lobby. A bell hop or courtesy transportation of our luggage would have been nice.
Check in and out was easy. The concierge was REALLY helpful and suggested a few "off strip" places to go and showed us where on the map.
I have traveled extensively around the world and stayed in many levels of hotels (including some that it was best to sleep on top of sheets). I found this hotel beautiful, nicely appointed and ALL the staff helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: all rooms at this hotel are suites. There are upgrades available but we were just fine with the &quo...
Green Features: I was impressed when watching the hotel's info channel (insomnia) to learn they take the partially used soaps, shampoos, etc and repackage them for use in 3rd world countries.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Jacky T,

Thank you for allowing us an opportunity to host you during your recent trip to Las Vegas! I am particularly pleased that you recognized the unsurpassed suite accommodations at The Palazzo. As the only all-suite hotel on the Las Vegas Strip we are very proud of our standard suites, and I am pleased that you valued them as well. We take great pride in our luxurious suites, beautiful interiors and second-to-none service standards, and I am happy that you were able to experience these aspects. I have to agree with you about the bathroom - it is perfectly luxurious!

I want to also take a moment to apologize for our lack of service with your luggage and doors. We actually have doormen and luggage service handlers who should have assisted you. I extend my sincerest apologies and will ensure that this is addressed.

Thank you for your review, and it is my sincere hope that you will choose to return to The Palazzo each time that your travels bring you to Las Vegas.

Singapore
Reviewed July 20, 2014

This is a good typical casino hotel. Rooms were great, nice and big, comfortable beds, nice sunken lounge area, excellent bathroom, well equipped, although all as to be expected. The pool was great, although quite busy but again as expected, and plenty of lounge seats around the pool. The overall hotel is very big, especially as its directly linked with the Venetian so combined its massive, which means there's lots of shops and great food choices/options. Its probably not the best location, as is at one end of the strip and I think its probably best to be near the Bellagio or Cosmopolitan so you're really in the heart of it, although they're not far away but as it was very hot when we were here it felt quite far.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Stonegables,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am pleased to read of your satisfaction and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 20, 2014

After a long flight we wanted to chill, and the Palazzo resort was just the ticket, upgraded room on the 37 th floor , fab view of the pool and the city strip.
Great resturants , bars and service , only negative is the smoke in the casino area and you have to pass through to get to the lifts, but the Vegas hotels are the same, this is a Nevada issue
Ps. Don't stay at the Bellagio

Dear Coolberryhawk,

A great experience brings joy to my team and to me, and I am grateful that you have taken the time to share your experience. I am truly glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We would love to have you back again.

Also, one suggestion for getting to your suite without going through the casino is via the Grand Canal Shoppes which is smoke-free. Your suite elevators can take you to the Shoppes level where you may travel through the shoppes level to get to many areas of the resort. A member of my team would be happy to show you during your next visit.

Thank you again for your kind review, and I look forward to your next visit with us.

Bodo, Norway
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Stayed 6 Nights in July, on holiday.

First of all, let me start by saying that this is an excellent resort, probably top 3 i Vegas.

The good:
The suite itself (all rooms are suites) is huge, (think I read somewhere that standard rooms are the biggest in the world), and very vell appointed, 3 tv screens, classic furniture etc.
Bathroom is very large, with seperate WC. Big shower and deep tub. His & hers sink, and a make up table/Chair for her. Size of bathroom is bigger than clubroom/ smaller suites at any St.Regis, Loews, Westin, Mandarin, The Pierre in NYC etc...
Suite is a king bed with a big living room with nice working desk w priner/fax machine.
dbl sitting area and table.
The contrcution itself is excellent, in 6 Nights, we did not hear a SINGLE sound from other rooms, not a single door being shut or anything, really impressive given the volume of guests and "mood" they might be in!
Being a 3000+ suite resort, I was amazed that there were no single stain, scratch, or mm of missing Paint anywhere I went, excellent maintanence!

We tried a handful of restaurants and all were very good, Ottos Pizzeria and the Wolfgang Puck restaurants at the Venetian Square were excellent.
The cheeky server at Canaletto not so much, but Food was very good!

Pool area was nice, more than enough beds and never felt crowdy.

The Bad:
Again, this might just be the best resort in Vegas, however, pricing is a bit too Vegas!
12$/litre of water in the room, and 16$ for a drink at the pool bar, REALLY??!
All over, it was a bit overprized, again, rooms were of course cheap, but all add ons feels like a rip off, 28$/day in resort fee for basically free internet, and 12$/litre for unbranded water...
Restaurant prices all in all are high, even for Vegas.
Last but not least, NO COFFE/TEA MAKER!
really!? EVERY 5 star hotel in the world has a coffe maker in the room, PERIOD!
(I spend over 60 Nights a year in hotels, and have NEVER, at 5 star hotel, not had a coffe maker in the room...)

Smaller notes in negative favour;
- bathroom amenities were not replaced (Q-tip and Cotton),
claiming to be a hotel up there, houskeeping need to identify usage and replace amenities!
- even at lower floors, water preassure was not good enough.
- stains at Windows and glass surface (night table and living room table) were not cleaned to satisfactory.
- the iphone docking station didnt have a socket for iphone 5.
(again, claiming to be a hotel all up there, in 2014, sockets need to be for iphone 5.)
- temperature Control is located too far from bed.
- lack of shoe shining/brushing ameneties in room.
- being an Elite IHG member, i would expect turn down service and a newspaper even if I did not request one.

Overall, we are very please with our stay,
if and when returning to Vegas, we will probably return to the Palazzo.
The only thing seperating the hotel from the top top hotels elsewhere is the lack of coffee maker and the overprised add ons.

Room Tip: Prestige floors with complementary amenities, Strip/pool view
3 Thank MagnusSingh
Dear MagnusSingh,

Thank you for choosing The Palazzo and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am delighted that there were many aspects of your stay that you truly enjoyed. However, I do appreciate your candidness regarding a few areas in which we failed to exceed your expectations. I have heeded your comments and will share it with my teams for review, so that we may ensure proper improvements are made for the betterment of our guest experiences.

Thank you again for your patronage of The Palazzo, and we hope to see you again soon.