“Lovely stay, but no strip view”

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #6 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Seattle, WA
“Lovely stay, but no strip view”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Some girlfriends and I met in Vegas for a weekend of bachelorette fun. We chose the Palazzo because they have an all-suite room inventory and we were looking for rooms with a bit more space. In this respect, the Palazzo did not disappoint! The rooms were spacious and there was plenty of room for 5 girls to socialize in, although we had additional rooms for sleeping.

PROS:
Check-in was extremely fast and efficient. Everyone was extremely helpful and polite, even when there was some confusion about my reservation.
Wifi is easy to connect to - there's no login process. Just connect and start surfing!
The pool area was beautiful, well-kept, and enjoyable. We rented cabana #122 which was at the pool adjacent to the Azure pool club. Our cabana hostess Amie was extremely attentive and helpful.
A maintenance man came by to check a problem housekeeping had reported during her rounds. We weren't aware of a problem, but it turns out she had reported a scrape on the surface of the coffee table (not blaming us, just reporting it as a problem). I was impressed that a) the housekeeping staff were so attentive to such relatively minor cosmetic issues and that b) the maintenance team was so quickly responsive to the report.

CONS:
Our strip view room was on the 35th floor. But by strip view, what I actually mean is that you could see Treasure Island if you were leaning against the window with your forehead pressed against the glass. That was the only Strip hotel you could really see and that's only because it's right across the street. The position of the Palazzo building, combined with its shape/design, means that the view down the strip is actually not visible from the "strip view rooms." I was disappointed by this, especially since getting a strip view room generally requires paying a premium price over the "city view" rooms. You had a great view of Trump Hotel, though it is off-strip.
The ice machine down the hall from our room smelled like mildew. When the maintenance man was in our room inspecting the coffee table, I told him about the smell. Yuck.

Overall, we had a fantastic stay at the Palazzo. I would highly recommend it, especially for folks who are looking for a large hotel room with plenty of space to move around in.

Room Tip: The strip view room I had (35-826) offered a poor view of the strip. Save your strip view money for...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank tvnewseditor
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

I truly appreciate the insightful and detailed feedback that you have provided. I am delighted that you recommend The Palazzo for its wonderful suites, and I am very grateful for your compliments. We wholeheartedly aim to provide our guests with an experience of a lifetime, so it elates me to know that although the suite view and the ice machine did not exceed your expectations, your stay was generally lovely. Your recommendation is truly appreciated.

I am hopeful that you will allow us another opportunity to once again host you in the future.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,551)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I stayed four nights in this hotel during a convention held at the Sands expo. I shared the room with a colleague, but the room was so spacious that we felt like having the room for ourselves.
A large section at the end of the room with a complete desk and another table offered two full working spots where each one could use his laptop without space problems.
The free wifi connection was of good quality and reached all over the place.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dar Guest,

A great experience brings joy to my team and to me, and I am grateful that you have taken the time to share your experience. I am truly glad that you enjoyed your convention stay with us. We would love to have you back again. Thank you again for your kind review, and I look forward to your next visit with us.

VP of Hotel Operations"
Corona, California
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We have been coming to Vegas almost every month for a while now and we would get a room at any place that would send me comp or discounted rooms. But I wanted to go to the spa and treat myself and decided to splurge on the Venetian and when I checked in they asked if I would like to upgrade to the Palazzo and I did. I was very happy with the Hotel, Restaurants, bars, casino and OMG the Spa is great.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank cindy570
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Providing unmatched guest service and experiences are a hallmark of our property and I am especially pleased to read that you felt this commitment during your stay. It was my pleasure to share your positive experience with our team. They truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Stayed 3 nights (midweek) in a Strip View Suite
and it was excellent!
Huge Suite, modern, good service, very comfortable bed,
a Top Intercontinental Hotel!
Stayed at other Las Vegas hotels and now I'm happy to write that during my next visit
the Palazzo will be my hotel!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I am particularly pleased to read that you are an Intercontinental Hotels Rewards Member. As the first ever Intercontinental Alliance resort we are proud to have received such a glowing review as IHG Rewards members are among our most important guests. I thank you again for your review and look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo in the near future.

Marina del Rey, California
Reviewed May 11, 2014

If you are a Las Vegas regular, the rooms you will find here are a newer version of those at the Venetian with a bit of Bellagio thrown in. It's overall a pleasant place to stay if (1) the price is right and (2) it's a slower night(s) in this city and the property is not completely booked.

This is a huge hotel. I actually feel for management at this place. Not only is it difficult to run something this grand, but LV unfortunately is heavily unionized and they must deal with different contracts and restrictions on employee groups, especially housekeeping and even front desk staff. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that offering consistent high quality service 110% of the time is simply unrealistic, especially when you have groups of employees that likely do not talk to each other. That said, it's almost a given that things will go wrong for a percentage of guests. This is a high volume shop.

On the positive aspects:

1. Internet. Blazingly fast. The fastest online service of any hotel I have ever stayed at. Speed is comparable to what I get at work. Very impressive. It's also included in the resort fee, which I'm personally not a fan of.

2. Rooms. They did a good job to ensure consistency of the rooms. As other reviews have pointed out, it's difficult to find a bad room in this place.

3. Facilities. Shops, pools, valet and ample free parking, etc.

4. Check-in. Very fast and efficient.

5. Beds. Very comfortable and high quality, inclusive of the linings.

Negatives:

1. Smoking. Although this is LV, I do agree with other guests that certain parts of the pools should be designated as non-smoking. Nothing worse than trying to enjoy the outdoor sun and water and then having to inhale someone else's poison.

2. Security. I actually wish they had security in line with what Elara does, in that showing your room card is not enough, you need to swipe it to ensure it's still active.

3. Fridge. A minor but annoying item. I wish there was a place to store and cool your personal drinks. Instead, there is a computerized fridge with the usual overpriced drinks.

In summary, if the number of visitors in LV is light and the price is reasonable, would definitely recommend staying here. However, if the place is saturated with people and at capacity, would absolutely stay far away.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank medicinewizard
Dear Guest

As you know, Las Vegas has changed dramatically over the last few years, and I find it a true honor to hear from someone who has witness our beloved city grow and has been a regular traveler to our fine city. I value your compliments and recommendation of The Palazzo, and I am truly grateful for the positive review that you have shared with us. We are very fortunate to work hand-in-hand with all of our team members. Being a family is a true understatement at The Venetian | The Palazzo and Las Vegas Sands Corporation, and we endeavor to exude our pride for our resort to each and every guest by providing experiences and services that are truly superior.

It is our goal for each guest to have a memorable experience at The Palazzo, so it is a delight to know that you experienced just that. I also very much appreciate your suggestions for improvements as it allows us an opportunity to revisit our standards.

Thank you again, and I hope to welcome you back to The Palazzo real soon.

Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Luxurious, upscale, meticulously clean and impressive BUT no in-room refrigerator, hair dryer or coffee maker? Also "resort fee" is outrageously high considering it is problematic to find seating at the pool ,especially for more than one person together anytime after eleven a.m. Pool is NOT a swimming pool. It is too shallow. They should have designated pools for adults and for adults with children. And who brings children to the Palazzo? It is not Circus Circus to be sure. Do not order cocktails poolside, "standard" drinks are fifteen dollars and up. It is a service, but come on? Do you really need to charge those prices to make a profit?

Room Tip: DO NOT accept a room without a view at these prices.
Green Features: The hotel is not environmentally friendly. Pervasive smoking (including poolside?), disposable everything and room lighting that constantly needs adjusting for brightness. No automatic shut offs in rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank bearzlookin
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us and for sharing your experience at The Palazzo. I am delighted that you found the suites at The Palazzo as luxurious and immaculate, and I am also very grateful for the candidness of your review in the areas that need to be improved. It gives us an opportunity to revisit these areas and to make any necessary changes and improvements.

Thank you again, and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to our resorts in the near future.

Woodinville, Washington
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Stayed here for work for 4 nights. All rooms are suites and my room was clean and everything was in good working order. I was on the 44th floor and had a great view of the strip.

The bed was a little soft for my liking. I also don't like rooms with a fridge that contains mini bar items so you can't put anything in it. The few staff I dealt with were pleasant but they weren't around in abundance.

The gym is impressive but costs an extra $18/day to use. There are two parts, one closer to the Venetian and the other the Palazzo. Plenty of machines and weights with everything in great working order.

Overall I would consider staying here again for the right price.

Room Tip: Get a room on a high floor facing the strip. Even numbered rooms I think.
Green Features: One of the rare places where I left a used towel on the rack and it was actually left there for me to use again. Most hotels replace them anyway which defeats the purpose of the little signs they leave.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Mike K
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, and I am so glad that you enjoyed your suite as well as the green initiatives provided by The Palazzo team. I do appreciate the suggestion that you have provided regarding the convenience of a mini fridge. We do provide a mini fridge at a nominal fee for our guest's convenience and will look into your suggestion accordingly. Also, I apologize immensely if the resort fee was not clearly explained to you as it includes complimentary access to the fitness center at Canyon Ranch SpaClub.

Thank you for the tips and suggestions that you have provided our guests, and I look forward to welcoming you back again.