“AWESOME!!”

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #7 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 7, 2008

What a great place!! I would stay here if I ever return to Las Vegas! The rooms were huge. A bedroom, living room, and very large bathroom. Each room has its own plasma TV, even the bathroom! (the TV should have been placed so that you could see it from the tub). The bathroom had a tub, shower, and seperate toilet room. The shampoo, soap, etc were all top notch stuff (love the lemon smell!!) The plug in the safe was a nice touch (I could charge my laptop and camera while not in my room while knowing that they were safe).

The restaurants can be quite expensive, I would suggest the Grand Lux or Wolfgang Puck's POSTRIO. Both are reasonably inexpensive and have great food!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (16,110)

Reviewed September 7, 2008

This was our 2nd visit to the Palazzo in the last 4 months.

I have only positive things to share: VERY clean, well appointed, great restaurant selections, beautiful pool, polite/helpful staff.

Suggestion: request a room close to the elevator. Hallways are VERY long.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lambertbunch
Reviewed September 6, 2008

Rooms are large with an open feel. Beds are comfortable, ventilation control excellent (and quiet). Nice bathroom with excellent products.

We would have preferred a divider between the bedroom and living room of the suite, but that is a minor quibble. Note that everything is pretty expensive, so just getting a bottle of water will set you back.

The pools at the Palazzo are more for sunbathing than swimming. The adjoining Venetian pools are larger and better for swimming. Neither is as kid friendly as somewhere like Mandalay Bay.

The casino is large with an open feel. Smoke is fairly well handled and the dealers are friendly. Table stakes are pretty high, so bring a nice bankroll.

We have stayed at the Wynn and Bellagio in the past, we now prefer the Palazzo to either of those properties.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank dave9956
Reviewed September 5, 2008

Spent our first night Saturday 8/30 at the Mirage. Booked a standard room and was upgraded for free to the 25th floor non smoking room overlooking the pool. We asked and they said sure. Front desk staff extremely nice. It was very nice room, newly renovated and a comfortable bed. Small bathroom-very loud toliet flushing were the only negatives. The gambling was not good for us. We ate dinner at Cantor's deli. Huge portions and could have easily fed 4 people from one dinner. The pool was crammed with people for the Labor Day holiday weekend.

The second day we moved over to the Palazzo since we had gotten a great internet rate. The hotel was fantastic. Our suite was beautiful, new and so comfortable. We had a view of the mountains, the Wynn golf course and part of a pool. I had read mixed reviews about this hotel but our experience was fantastic. Excellent service from check in to maid service. The staff could not do enough for us. We did very well in the Ventian and Pallazo casinos. The shopping was wonderful and all those restaurants it was hard to chose. Our favorites were the Grand Lux, Canyon Ranch Spa for breakfast, food court and Totino's bakery for a quick lunch or snack. We enjoyed Buchon's and Delmonico's. We also had a great dinner at Joe's at the Forum shops and enjoyed the buffet at the Wynn. We liked the pools better at the Ventian. More comfortable chairs, sun, and quicker drink service. I would stay at the Palazzo or Ventian again. For the price the Mirage was very nice as well. I think we enjoyed being in the lap of luxury for 5 nights at Palazzo a little better. The cool towels and orange slices given to you at the pool, the chocolates and turn down service, tery robes, slippers and 3 flat screen TV's were just a few of the extra special treats. Oh I didn;t mention the awesome room service. You must try it. It's well worth the $4 delivery and try a massage & facial at Canyon Ranch. Worth every penny! We truly enjoyed our extended holiday weekend.
We also would recommend Jersey Boys and the Beattles Love shows. Excellent performances!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
9  Thank nexium
Reviewed September 4, 2008

Stayed at the Palazzo when I was on business. Great stay! I got an complimentary upgrade to a suite with a view. The suite was a bit smaller than the suite at the Bellagio I stayed at the night before, but it was very well-decorated and comfortable. I especially liked how the lounge/living room area was on a different level that the bedroom. There's some great shoe shopping in the Palazzo Shoppes downstairs. My only complaint is that the valet parking for is all the way at the Venetian, and it's a very long haul. Other than that, excellent and will definitely stay here when I'm in town again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank workbites
Reviewed September 4, 2008

My husband and I recently stayed at the Palazzo in Las Vegas. It was incredible. The hotel was gorgeous. The hotels on the strip are truly a step above. We've stayed in several. This room was spacious and looked brand new. We will stay there again in the future. This stay was the best.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank NickiB032
Reviewed September 4, 2008

Let's be very clear: the Palazzo is a great property with beautiful rooms and nice amenities.

However, plush bathrobes and a lavish pool area don't make a really outstanding hotel. In my view, a great hotel is made by its ability to convey a true sense of hospitality and constantly surprise guests with excellence.

The Palazzo just does not get anywhere close to that - in the end it is just another well-oiled Las Vegas hotel factory which is pretty blunt about its main goal: make you spend money beyond what you already paid for your room.

One example of this lack of true excellence was an in-room dinning experience I had at the Palazzo during my stay last weekend. I ordered food late afternoon on Friday and was told it would be in my room "under an hour"; after 60 minutes I called back and was told my order is "the next to leave the kitchen"; when the food showed up 20 minutes later the server told me that they would take 15% off the bill for being late.

Three problems with that:

(1) a one hour wait for a sandwich, some fries and a coke is quite long to start with

(2) the offer to take off 15% (which - by the way - is less than the 18% mandatory tip on the bill...) is slightly insulting - as if 30 minutes of my time are only worth a couple of dollars

(3) when the food finally arrived it was very cold and "just ok" quality

You would think that if a place like this does not deliver the expected service (time or quality), they should take off the charge, no questions asked - there is no "15% wrong" in the league the Palazzo aims to play.

Again, a nice hotel, but once you have read all the reviews here you pretty much know exactly what to anticipate and should keep your expectations low as there is little chance the Palazzo will over-deliver.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends