“A good hotel”

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #7 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

A good hotel. Big rooms and a great casino. I recommend getting the real big suite if you have a family. Also, pay the extra money to get a strip view. Well worth it. A ton of restaurants and shopping. Love it

• Stayed: March 2014
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

There are newer reviews for The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino

Reviewed March 22, 2014

All of the staff at this staff hotel are friendly and make you feel welcome. The bedrooms are huge and very luxurious, the bed was one of the most comfortable i have ever stayed in. The rooms were a long way from reception - like everywhere in Las Vegas - and it is quite nice that this hotel is at the quieter end of the strip so walking down the street isn't such chaos. The gym is very small, the pool is small in comparison to the size of the hotel but the sun loungers and modern. The casino staff were very unwelcoming and wouldn't talk to me directly, I wouldn't bet here again.
The restaurants in the hotel are varied, however there are no 'entry-level' restaurants if you just fancy a snack.

Room Tip: The hotels on the higher floors mean it takes ages to get to reception (10 minutes); ask for a hotel...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind review and for choosing The Palazzo as your host during your recent visit. I am delighted that you had a lovely stay, and that you found my team pleasant overall. I do apologize if you had encountered a different experience with my casino. We do not condone poor service, so please rest assured that this will be addressed.

Thank you again for your kind compliments, and I hope to welcome you back to The Palazzo again soon.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Tag line really suits this hotel .....as all rooms are suites only, can fit family of four easily...every room has 3 TVs ....so no fighting with kids to watch your favourite tv show...huge conf room and all rooms have printer...real good place

Room Tip: Olease do ask for rooms 40+ floor for real nice view
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience on TripAdvisor. I am particularly pleased that you recognized the unsurpassed suite accommodations at The Venetian | The Palazzo. As the only all-suite hotel on the Las Vegas Strip we are very proud of our standard suites and I am pleased that you valued them as well.

Again, thank you for your encouraging review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to exceeding your expectations during your next trip to Las Vegas.

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in a number of hotels in Vegas, and my experience with the palazzo fell short of my expectations. When we got there, our room was not ready ( still a couple hours away from check in, fine) they offered to text message us when the room was available. After shopping, and having lunch we realized that they have yet to text message us. We went back to the front desk (which had a 20 min line up), talked to the check in staff, where they informed us that they forgot about us, gave our room to someone who checked in an hour ago. We asked for an upgrade, would not give it to us .... Had to wait another hour to finally get a room.

After arriving at the hotel first at 11 am .... We finally got into our room at 730 ! Well... We could not get into the room very well cause the door to the room had difficulties actually opening, it was as if the actual door did not fit the door frame, so for the 3 nights we stayed there we had to pull and push with most of our strength whenever we came or went.

Secondly ! Worst casino drink service out of any casino I have been too. I was gambling ... A lot .... I was tipping waitress staff generously hoping to get faster drink services... no luck !

But, I will say I did find one waitress at the pool who would bring us out Long Island ice teas in a timely manner.

Going back to Vegas in June ... And I will be staying at the mirage. Never had a bad experience there, good rates, Great pool, awesome location and great service

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Karianne02
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Palazzo and for taking the time to share your candid feedback regarding your most recent visit. I would like to apologize if we did not exceed your expectations. I am disappointed to learn that you did not receive your suite in a timely manner, and the service that you described is not up to our standards. I apologize immensely for these occurrences.

As you may know, TripAdvisor is not linked to your reservation, so I invite you to be in touch with my Guest Relations team. They will be reaching out to you directly. It is my sincere hope that you will give us an opportunity to not only meet your expectations on a future visit but to exceed them.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Sheer luxury. .ohh boy what room sizes..you easy fit family of 4..all rooms are suites..do take room only on 40+ floor if you want stunning view from your room.......

Reviewed March 21, 2014

The rooms in the Palazzo are excellent. We stayed in a prestige room which was nice, but I probably wouldn't do it again. The main draw is the concierge lounge for the prestige level. We just aren't the type to try to get our money's worth out of free stuff so the value just wash't there for us. The service in the hotel portion of Palazzo is great. I like to play blackjack and overall probably the rudest staff I have encountered anywhere in any casino. The first table we sat at was a $100 table with only one other player. The pit boss told my wife she couldn't sit there because someone else may want to play. We understand if the tables are busy she will usually stand or just go do something else, but to have to stand behind 4 empty chairs at a $100 table? This was the only casino we visited in our stay that didn't let her sit. It just seemed like no dealer or pit boss had any energy or made you feel welcomed. I can play there comped for my room, but on our next visit chose to pay to stay at MGM and New York New York instead of putting up with pit boss attitude. We also like a more lively vibe and the Palazzo just didn't have the energy we were looking for.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bill L
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for allowing The Venetian | The Palazzo to be your host during your recent visit to Las Vegas. Your feedback is appreciated and very valuable to me. I am very disappointed to hear that your visit was not a complete success. Please accept my sincere apologies that our casino did not fulfill your expectations.

Should you wish to further discuss the details of your visit, I invite you to contact our Guest Relations department directly. It is my sincere hope that you will give The Venetian | The Palazzo another opportunity to exceed your expectations on a future visit.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

My husband and I went to Vegas in February to celebrate both our birthdays. This was our second time staying at the Palazzo. The Palazzo is such a stunning hotel and the staff there are just amazing. They always make us feel so welcomed. Two different nights we ordered room service at about 2am and the lady who brought our food was so sweet and professional. We are going again in May to celebrate our 22nd anniversary. We have decided to make Vegas our anniversary spot for years to come and The Palazzo "our" hotel. Thank you to The Palazzo staff for always making our stay special. We will see you in May!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the privilege of hosting you during both you and your husband’s birthday celebrations! Congratulations on these special milestones and I am pleased that The Venetian | The Palazzo enhanced and contributed to your festivities.

Thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor. I anxiously anticipate your 22nd wedding anniversary, as well as many more opportunities to serve you during future special occasions.