“Great Weekend Away!”

GreenLeadersGold level
San Antonio, Texas
“Great Weekend Away!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

By far the best casino experience to date and I've been to too many to count. Everything from check in to check out and especially in between was superb! I know on some of these not-so-great reviews may be legit but I also know you can't please everyone. In my case they pleased to highest degree. Well done Palazzo!

2 Thank EJason7
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. I appreciate your encouraging review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to exceeding your expectations during your next trip to Las Vegas.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,559)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

The resort is very sophisticated, provides excellent service, theaters, shopping, entertainments all in one location. One of the attractions that we really enjoyed was the mask colorful characters as well as the "De Vines". There are multiple swimming areas that provided more than just heat relief.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that you were able to be here during Carnevale and had an opportunity to see the amazing characters. I value your patronage and certainly hope to host you again so that we may continue to amaze you with our Unmatched Service Standards.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

We recently spent 4 nights at the Palazzo as part of our family summer holiday. Nice room with great view. No bedding was provided for the sofa bed and it took 3 requests to sort this out but sorted out eventually.
What seriously lets this hotel down however is its customer service. BE WARNED on 2 counts......please take great care if you choose to get a coffee 'to go' from Cafe Presse. The coffee is served far too hot and I got badly burnt on my hand as a result of the cup caving in.
And do not have any kind of accident in this hotel as there does not appear to be any first aid facilities in place! After being sent around the houses not one of 5 members of staff that I approached were willing to offer me any kind of first aid for my burn, not even a cold tap or a bit of ice! Appalling for any kind of institution, let alone a 5 star luxury hotel!!
So nice visit sadly marred and the rest of my holiday ruined. We shall not be returning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Alexandra_S33
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

I hope that never again, doesn't truly mean never again as your stay did not reflect a ‘true’ Venetian | Palazzo experience and for that I would like to extend my sincerest apologies. I hope that this experience did not permanently tarnish your opinion of The Venetian | The Palazzo and that you will give us the opportunity to restore your faith in our brand in the future. Feedback such as yours enables us to continue to evaluate our services and ensure we are delivering great guest experiences and for that, is much appreciated.

I am terribly disappointed that your visit was less than acceptable and that you have left with a poor impression of us. Clearly, this is not what you or we had envisioned for your stay and we wholeheartedly appreciate each and every guest. We constantly strive to provide a restful, relaxing, enjoyable stay, and to provide each patron with our Unmatched Guest Services. I am sorry that we failed to impart that service to you. Again, I extend my apologies and invite you to contact our Guest Relations department directly as I would like an opportunity to gather more details of the challenges you experienced and do what it takes to earn your future loyalty. It is my sincere hope that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations on a future visit.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

This was our second time staying there. The first time was good but this was even better. This was a birthday trip for my wife so we decided to go "first class" all the way including a Limo to and from the airport. When we arrived we were immediately greeted by a bell hop who helped with the luggage and politely asked if we needed assistance our wanted to take our own luggage. No pressure at all to use their service. As my wife had recent surgery on her wrist we opted for them to take the bags. As we had just been there in May we proceeded to the check in area. As we got there early afternoon there were very few people in line. They have a person who will direct you to the next available check-in person. Our check in person was Robert. Extremely professional and wished my wife a happy birthday right away. Our rooms were comped from a birthday offier my wife had received from Grazie. Our first time in Vegas we did not want to pay the extra amount so we did not face the strip. As I read from some of the past comments on this site I tipped Robert $20 when we gave him our ID's and asked if there might be any available comped upgrades that we could get. Well it worked. We ended up in a room on the 37th floor facing the strip. We had a very enjoyable conversation with Robert and did not feel rushed or pressured at all during the process. As he was explaining the coupon book to us he said it is your birthday afterall so he took the regular coupon book back and gave us a gold upgraded book which provided even better coupons. Additionally he slipped us some extra drink coupons for the evening events that were occurring by the waterfall. He gave us our keys and we started to walk away and he called us back and said he forgot to mention the resort fee that was pretty much automatic unless you ask not to have it. I had forgot about the fee and he immediatley took it off to save us the expense. You really only need it if you want access to the spa or internet access. Off we went to the room. The room was just as nice as the first time. We did have a nice view of the strip, mainly the TI across the street but you could see down the strip somewhat. Definitely better than our first trip overlooking the roofs below and watching the airport. Shortly after we arrived in the room they called and said our luggage was on our way up. The bell hop placed the bags and even went down and got us ice. The only complaint I had about the room was the there was a pretty good size gap under the door which I don't remember having the first time we stayed there. It did make it noisey when people were in the hall but most of the time it was very quiet. Maybe some type of weather stripping would have made it a bit better. We went out to hit the casino right away and when we returned a bit later in the evening there was a complmentary bottle of sparkling wine for my wife's birthday. Definitely first class treatment. This time we ate at some of the restaurants in the resort. The food was great but pricey. Found a great little food court hidden away on the 2nd floor of the stores. Great if you just want a quick snack. Still expensive but not as bad a restaurants. I don't know how we missed this on our first trip. It is tucked away so you have to look on the map. You will not just walk past it. We had requested a late check out as we were not flying out until 11:45 PM. They granted a 1 PM check out without any problem. Robert did say they were going to be really crowed on Saturday (our checkout day) but he did check to see if we could get a half day rate. It was available but we did not choose it. As we were going to have the hotel hold our luggage until the limo was due to arrive at 9:45 PM, we called the "priority service" number and within just a few minutes a bell hop was at our room and took our bags down to store them for us, no hassel and first class service once again. The bags are stored on the lower level where limos and taxi's arrive to pick you up. My wife forgot her license so we had to go down to the luggage area and they took her right back to the storage area and assisted her in getting the license out of the suitcase. Later that night when our limo picked us up they were right there on the spot with our luggage. Great service for a couple of bucks tip. So much to see and do at the resort we will definately stay there again and maybe upgrade to a nicer suite although we enjoyed the one that we were in. First class place and first class staff.

Room Tip: Ask for the 37th floor or higher. Elevators are grouped by floors. This one is the best group, Not...
2 Thank kersch8
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the privilege of hosting you during your wife's birthday celebration! Congratulations on this special milestone and I am pleased that The Venetian | The Palazzo enhanced and contributed to your celebration. The continued return of a loyal guest is the highest honor that we can earn and I thank you for bestowing this upon The Venetian | The Palazzo. Thank you for your feedback and continued loyalty.

I appreciate your positive review on TripAdvisor and I anxiously anticipate many more opportunities to serve you during future special occasions.

london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

This hotel is of an excellent standard, but god help you if you want help with your bags when you arrive!!!!!
Check in is more like a supermarket queue, but very efficient the swimming pools in this hotel have lifeguards and some of the most comfortable sun loungers I have ever seen. Living in London our suite was bigger than our house. I do not agree with resort fees they should be added to the basic price of the hotel as they are compulsory, it's just to make the hotel look cheaper.
There is a long walk between the entrance and rooms, beware this is a 5 star complex and prices are accordingly in shops and resturants. Do not eat in I Love Burgers, service worst in America. The food is good, but by the time you get your cold milk for your black coffee you may as well have had an ice coffee. Left 1 dollar tip as protest.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am pleased that you enjoyed your accommodations and that your overall impression was positive. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo in the near future.

Nashville, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

After staying in most of the hotels in Vegas this is the hotel that I return to the most. The rooms are spacious and beautifully appointed. The staff is courteous and friendly. I really love the selection of shopping and dining that is located in the Palazzo and the adjoining property, the Venetian. I have stayed in these properties for over a week without poking my nose out for fresh air and never even noticed. I never tire of my time spent here and cannot wait to return.

But if you do need to leave, it is conveniently located on the strip. There is a crosswalk that takes you to the Fashion mall where you can spend days shopping. I go to Vegas mostly for work and conventions and the hotel has everything I need as far as a business center and shipping--you can even ship your baggage to the airport for a fee. There is a fed ex nearby if you have a car or want to taxi for large projects.

But book with confidence--the Palazzo never disappoints.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a room with a view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ResortSpaLady
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience on TripAdvisor and for recommending The Venetian | The Palazzo to your fellow travelers. Earning referrals from previous guests is a wonderful compliment that you have given. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. I am pleased to read that The Venetian | The Palazzo exceeded your expectations and provided you with unmatched service and accommodations.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Amazing resort which surpasses your expectations. We travelled as a family of six (4 children, 2 adults). The small touches which make your holiday special were not overlooked but managed seamlessly by the resorts team. If you’re looking for a Las Vegas resort which can entertain the fussy eaters in your party (young children) and keep the whole family happy then stay here. A special BIG thank you to Kirsten Dimond who simply put the finishing touches to a memorable vacation, Thank you.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Matt G
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to read that The Venetian | The Palazzo exceeded your expectations and provided you with unmatched service and accommodations. I am happy to hear that you and your family were pleased with the preparations and that your family vacation was a success. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of that! Since, The Venetian | The Palazzo is now your first choice when visiting Las Vegas, I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort in the near future.