“Perfect Birthday Celebration”

GreenLeadersGold level
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Perfect Birthday Celebration”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I have stayed at the Palazzo several times, but this last time was the first time with such a large group (12 people) and every one of us LOVED staying at the Palazzo. It's a smaller casino, so it was easy to find each other (usually hanging out at the fabulous Laguna Bar or gambling). Jimmy and Ryan were usually at the bar - and they were wonderful!! We also enjoyed being able to cruise over to the Venetian which offers more tables and slots, the Canal Shoppes, and more restaurants. We had my birthday dinner at Lavo, our server Johnny took such good care of us and we never waited for anything.
Most of us stayed 4-5 nights and we only left the Palazzo/Venetian one day - there was really no reason to leave - between the Venetian and the Palazzo we had everything we needed. Thank you to the Palazzo for creating the best EXPERIENCE I have ever had in Las Vegas!!!

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms above the 10th floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the privilege of hosting you during your birthday celebration! Congratulations on this milestone and I am pleased that The Venetian | The Palazzo enhanced and contributed to your celebration.

Thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor and I anxiously anticipate many more opportunities to serve you during future special occasions.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,679)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is such an amazing hotel. It is my favorite Vegas hotel and maybe my favorite hotel in general. The rooms are spacious. We've got lucky multiple times by bidding on pricline and got an excellent rate when being placed here. I've stayed here about 5 times and 3 out of the 5 times we got upgraded to a larger room just for being amex holders. The regular rooms are already large, but oh my, the larger suites are ginormous...almost so big that they didn't know what to fill the space with so it looks kind of empty, but that quite alright! Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you sharing your positive feedback regarding The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am pleased to read that The Venetian | The Palazzo have earned your loyalty. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo each and every time your travels take you to this fabulous city.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

The size and grandeur of this resort is exceptional. The casino is bright and open and much friendlier to the customers than a lot of places. Rooms, services and all the rest are top notch. We will be back.

Room Tip: The base level rooms are as good as mid and upper level rooms in a lot of other properties. We had a...
Green Features: They are certified as "green" so it must be doing this at a high level.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. Exceeding each and every guest’s expectations is our specialty here at The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am pleased to read your kind words and thank you for sharing them. I look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back and exceeding your expectations again in the near future.

Windermere, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We come to Las Vegas often for business and although we do stay at other hotels occasionally we always come back to the Palazzo. We love the large rooms, comfortable and clean beds, the large bathrooms with luxurious finishes. It is great having a sunken living room with a large couch if you have friends visiting there are enough seats for everyone. The remote controlled curtains are a nice touch. The staff is great. The location is in the heart of Las Vegas so you are within walking distance to most places on The Strip. Being close to the Grand Canal Shops in the Venetian is nice too.

Room Tip: If you like the action of the strip, ask for a strip view room overlooking Treasure Island and you c...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to read that The Venetian | The Palazzo provided a restful place to stay while traveling for business. I look forward to welcoming you back each and every time that your professional or personal travel takes you to Las Vegas.

Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I have stayed here 4 or 5 times. Great place. Rooms are clean, the restaurants are great ($$$), connected to the Venetian. Always something going on in and about the premises. Rooms are a little pricey, but they are nice, large, and clean. Great sitting area. The nonsmoking rooms really do not have a smoke smell, which is highly unlikely in Vegas. The staff cleans the rooms quickly in the morning (sometimes too quickly. They will knock and wham, that door is opened, but closed just as quickly) East facing rooms have a quiet view of a gold course and the mountains. West facing rooms face the strip and the busy goings on.

Room Tip: East facing are quiet and look over the mountains.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Eleni1911
Dear Guest,

The continued return of a loyal guest is the highest honor that we can earn and I thank you for bestowing this upon The Venetian | The Palazzo. Thank you for your feedback and continued loyalty. I look forward to exceeding your expectations for many trips to come.

Highlands, New Jersey
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed at the Palazzo hotel during a conference last year and really loved the spacious suites but never really took time to enjoy the amenities.

During our recent College re-union the group enjoyed Casino hopping, dining at restaurants, and viewing local entertainment. Our favorite entertainment spot was the Zebra Lounge at the Palazzo. Nestled away in an open corner of the Casino, the informal atmosphere was nice for relaxing conversation while listening to a broad range of music by the house entertainer. David played everything from a violin to percussions with the aid of an elaborate electronic system -- he also played audience requests. There is a two drink minimum but no cover charge which is great in an environment where entertainment can be expensive.

Room Tip: Go to the first or second evening set at the Zebra Lounge.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank JDRolle R
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am pleased that you enjoyed the lounge options and that your overall impression was positive. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo in the near future.

Stoke-on-Trent UK
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed at the Palazzo in November/December and I have just noticed I did not post my review so here goes (better late than never).

We stayed for a week to celebrate my birthday and decided to book the Palazzo instead of Mirage where we usually stay. I booked using my IHG Rewards account and got a view upgrade to a strip view which was nice as well as a bunch of vouchers for money off at the bars and restaurants around the resort, not sure whether this is normal service or not but we gladly used them. Check-in was quick and pain free and bags brought to our room quickly enough.

I think our room or suite was a Luxury Suite which I believe is their entry level suite. When we walked in and saw how much space there was and the quality of the furnishing we were very pleased. The bed was so comfy I was seriously thinking of ways to fit it in my case and take it back to England. The bathroom was really large, I loved the big walk-in shower, my wife loved the large bath tub. The amenities in the bathroom were really good and replaced daily. As were the towels. We had two 42” flat screens, one opposite the bed and the second was in the sitting area (I will come back to this), we also had a smaller TV screen in the bathroom. None of these really got much use as we were either downstairs or out on the strip somewhere for the duration of our stay. There was a sitting area in front of the windows and set lower than the bedroom, the big corner sofa was very comfy and even had a small office section with a printer? Not quite sure how much use that is but I guess it’s a nice to have.

I had a large number of envelopes to post whilst in the US to save on international postage from the UK to US. I have to mention that the business centre in the Palazzo were fantastic. They weighed all 67 envelopes and sorted out stamps and return postage for me and even took them off to the post office to be dispatched. All I was expecting was some advice and maybe directions but they went all out and gave a great customer service. A great customer service is a reoccurring theme throughout the resort whether it’s the business centre, concierge, restaurants or bars the staff here really look after you and make you feel like you are their most important concerns right at that moment. This is something so of the good hotels around the world should learn from. It is all well and good having a great looking building and great facilities but staff are what make a place special.

Having stayed in Vegas on 3 pervious occasions we were keen to see a show or two so asked the concierge for their recommendations. I was keen to see Absinthe (mainly for Angel Porrino) my wife surprisingly wanted to see Peepshow. The guy on the desk was extremely helpful and confirmed that we would love both shows but he rated Absinthe slightly higher so feeling brash we went for both. He managed to get us some VVIP front row tickets for Absinthe at the same price as standard. Needless to say, we really enjoyed both shows so great work from the man on the desk.

In summary, I would recommend to anyone to spend a little more and stay here, it is a cut above the rest in all aspects. Have fun!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sunshine_Mark
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the privilege of hosting you during your birthday celebration! Congratulations on this special milestone and I am pleased that The Venetian | The Palazzo enhanced and contributed to your celebration.