“Great hotel to stay in Vegas”

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #7 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We have spent two nights at this hotel in July 2013, with a family of four. Arrived about noon time, and our room was not available so we got another room, with access for handicapped.

The good :
1. room - big, luxury, clean and well maintained. Small welcome package of bottles of water and boxes of biscuits was provided free of charge as well as an adult toy together with it (packed and to be paid for - made us do some explanation to our children, which could have been taken into account by the hotel before supplying it). It really is luxury, with all you might want including three TVs, working space, airco and blinds operated remotely etc. Mind you, you are in Vegas, in a casino, so no microwave, and fridge in the room (apart from minibar). Ice available for those with coolers.
2. the staff - both front desk and concierge are very professional, well prepared to handle requests, really impressive.
3. the hotel itself - really impressive, really well planned. Just do remember to use proper elevator to reach your floor - but there is really enough of them to get you up without waiting too long.
4. location - almost at the end of the strip, which we found actually great. Hotel is connected to Venetian so if you want to avoid walking the heat - walk through those two before hitting the streets.

The not so good :
1. WiFi signal availability next to none on 30th floor. Yes, you can always go down to casino, grab a drink and surf there, and who knows , maybe you will put some money into machines while doing it, but I prefer surfing and checking emails in the room.
2. expensive pool bar - single margarita , small glass at 16$ and no WOW factor in it ? Too expensive ...
3. there might be long waiting lines to check in if you arrive about noon time or bit later.
4. I understand fire danger in the summer, but no fireworks on the 4th of July ??? Come on guys ...

Room Tip: Ask for the strip view room at check in.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo as your host during your recent visit to Las Vegas. I am pleased that you enjoyed our opulent suites and indulgent housekeeping service. Still, I am disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success, and apologize for the challenge you experienced with the WiFi.

I am pleased that this mishap did not dampen your spirit or take away from the other aspects of your stay that exceeded your expectations. I hope to have the privilege of serving you on many more visits to The Venetian | The Palazzo in the near future.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I was in Las Vegas recently for business and stayed at the Palazzo. For those not familiar, the Palazzo is a sister property to the Venetian. It is newer and although I have heard it is more expensive, I paid my corporate rate. Comparisons with colleagues who stayed at the Venetian seemed to be the same as far as room size, cleanliness, bathrooms, etc.

I have to give the staff at the Palazzo credit for making my stay easy and enjoyable. Check in was a breeze considering the amount of people checking in/out. When I arrived there were probably 20 people waiting and I watched as three staff came out to man the counter, then three more etc. by the time I made it to the counter there must have been 100 people in line but the line was moving well.

The room was almost a suite with a separate sitting area that you stepped down into. I had a great view of the city (I was on the 16th floor) - I was facing the airport and enjoyed watching the planes arrive. The bed was comfortable (not too firm/not too soft).

I wish I got to Las Vegas more often to give you a better review/comparison to other hotels. I can say I enjoyed my time and would return.

Room Tip: Higher floors will give you a better view of Las Vegas (obviously). You'll really appreciate thi...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing you experience on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to read that The Venetian | The Palazzo provided a restful place to stay while traveling for business. I look forward to welcoming you back each and every time that your professional or personal travel takes you to Las Vegas.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

My wife attended a teacher's conference held at this hotel. Because she had surgery 6 days before this conference, we felt that to minimize walking that we'd need to stay here.
It is a beautiful hotel with lovely suites. The parking is the easiest to use of any that we found in Las Vegas and because I am handicapped and my my wife's condition, this was a big help. We could almost always find parking spots close to the elevators in the 4-level underground parking garage. We always felt secure.
But for the price, all you get is a room and parking. No perks or discounts for guests whatsoever. No breakfasts provided, and no internet without paying the $25 per day "resort fee".
We did not eat in their restaurants as they were too pricey for us. We did not get the sense that we mattered that much to them, but when we asked the concierge questions, they usually had an answer for us. And the check-in process was very efficient for such a large hotel.
We won't stay there again unless it is paid by my wife's employer. But if you have money to spend, it is a nice hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank David S
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian|The Palazzo as your host for your recent visit to Las Vegas. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest.

While I was pleased to learn that your overall stay was enjoyable, I was disappointed to learn that you felt the cost of a Venetian | Palazzo vacation is excessive. I would like to recommend Grazie, our hotel loyalty program. Grazie is a wonderful way to be rewarded for your loyalty and get discounts on everything from our spa and retail stores to discounts on future stays.

We truly appreciate you taking the time to write to us after your recent stay. We hope to host you again and continue to amaze you with our Unmatched Guest Service Standards.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Upon arrival I was warmly welcomed by the valet staff. This continued as I checked in with the front desk and VIP staff. Suite was nicely decorated, contained all necessities and was clean. Bed was comfortable and room was quiet.

Employees throughout the hotel and outside by the pools were polite and attentive.

Palazzo and Venetian are the most welcoming of Vegas hotels.

Room Tip: Upper room with restricted access has more privacy but most likely no different than other floors...

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. I was so pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and were treated with the Unmatched Guest Service we strive to provide all of our guests. We truly appreciate that you have so graciously allowed us the opportunity to learn about your recent experience and we all look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

From the moment you check in, you know that you are in for a real treat. Staff is pleasant, willing to give full attention to your needs and efficient. Rooms are a short walk through the casino on a wide, smoke-free aisle and what rooms they are: clean, fresh, well appointed, spacious, exactly what you would expect from this first class hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Las Vegas Boulevard provide a spectacular view, although I haven't had a bad room i...

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am pleased to read of your satisfaction and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Had a wonderful stay at The Palazzo in Las Vegas. The staff was accommodating and friendly and the amenities were fantastic. Upon arrival, we were upgraded to a suite without asking making the trip that much more memorable. Hats off to the Palazzo for their relentless pursuit of customer satisfaction!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Providing unmatched guest service is a hallmark of our property and I am especially pleased to read that you felt this commitment during your stay. It was my pleasure to share your positive experience with our team. They truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed at Palazzo- Prestige from June 30 - July 5, 2013.. Have stayed 4 previous times at Palazzo - Prestige. The best. From check in on 23rd floor (very fast, room ready early, courteous friendly service) to full service during stay. Used cabana for 2 of the hottest days this year (115F). While expensive well worth the cost and convenience and great service. (Air conditioned inside when it gets too hot). Prestige, is hands down, the best service of any hotel I have stayed at which includes Encore, Aria, Signature, MGM. The extra fee for Prestige which doesn't additional charge the resort fee more than pays for the included breakfast on 23rd floor, use during day, included cocktails and appertizers in evening time. Plus a great meeting place at the end of the day. Relaxing environment, no hurry to leave.

Rooms are very spacious (800 sq ft minimum). Well appointed, clean, great housekeeping.

Restaurants in PalazzoVenetian complex are also very good. No need to leave complex. Many shops within complex. Fashion Mall across the street.

Great stay.Will stay again in November.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank bjbaron

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I am particularly pleased that you enjoyed the service provided by Prestige at The Palazzo. Prestige provides the next level of luxury here and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed it. I look forward to welcoming you back to Prestige at The Palazzo in the near future.