“Out of this world”

GreenLeadersGold level
Arbroath, United Kingdom
“Out of this world”
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a 10 day stay in the Palazzo . It was amazing ! Pure luxury . We stayed in a beautiful luxury suite with an amazing view of the strip and pool deck . We were on the 29th floor so noise wasn't a problem . Our room was cleaned daily and was spotless . Staff were all very helpful and pleasant to talk to . There were various restaurants to choose from within the hotel varying in prices . We ate at a few of them and had no complaints . Nothing is cheap in Las Vegas so go prepared !

3 Thank caz323
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, June 29, 2013

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,677)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Port Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Our overall experience was absolutely fantastic!!! The hotel was run with efficiency from the front desk,pool attendants to the restarunt servers.the hotel has such a luxurious pampered ambiance, and we felt that where ever we went in the Hotel. There was really nothing negative to say.

1 Thank _dtpiwek
Dear Guest,

Thank you for allowing us to host you during your recent visit and for taking the time to share your experience. I was so pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and were treated with the Unmatched Guest Service we strive to provide all of our guests. We truly appreciate that you have so graciously allowed us the opportunity to learn about your recent experience and we all look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Miami Fla.
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I have stayed at many levels of hotels for work and vacations, but when it comes to location The Palazzo has it all.
Located in the heart of Las Vegas in the middle of tourist attractions even without renting car have everything to hand.
I go once a year to a show at the "Sands Expo and Convention Center" and I love staying here.
They always have a special rate and service is wonderful.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor, the view is fabulous
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank CancunVoyager
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I understand that there are many travel options when visiting this city and I sincerely appreciate and thank you for choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo to host you during your most recent visit. I look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo each time your travels take you back to this fabulous city.

Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I was lucky enough to stay in this hotel on business, previously I've stayed in the luxor and excalibur and this is on a completely different level. I didn't have a view of the strip but possibly a nicer view over the golf course and mountains in the distance.
I had a stupidly big room for one person with a bed room space then down a couple of steps was a lounge, study area with TV and sofa for 5 people. The bed room had a TV as did the bathroom. Was nice to have a separate shower and bath. I found out my shower had 3 jets (great for working out the back when being on your feet all day). My colleagues didn't get these in their shower so perhaps I had a slightly newer / better room.
As I'm sure is normal in all Vegas hotels there was a mini bar but very expensive even for water so a top tip is to go to the walgreens which is just below the hotel to stock up on snacks / drinks.
Pool area was nice and the gym was good (you can actually use the Venetian facilities as well). Only shame was that the gym is not 24 / 7 I was waking up very early having come from the UK.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank JaneSM
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest.

I am glad that you enjoyed the beautiful Golf Course and Mountain view from your opulent suite! I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and advice. I hope to host you again and continue to amaze you with our Unmatched Guest Service Standards. I truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and look forward to your return.

Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Wow... Beatiful hotel and being so close to the Venitian is a plus, both property are worth the trip to Las Vegas, their public space is very well kept , but their rooms are not as clean as expected, towels in the bathroom were stain and the overall cleanliness of the rooms left a lot to be desired, not to mention their need of new mattresses. Once in this property you do not need to leave for the outside world, you can shop until you drop, best restaurants and entertainment.

2 Thank Gerrita4
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo as your host during your recent visit to Las Vegas. I am pleased that you enjoyed our resort. Still, I am disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success, and apologize for the challenge you experienced with your suite’s cleanliness and mattress.

I am pleased that this did not dampen your spirit or take away from the other aspects of your stay that exceeded your expectations. I hope to have the privilege of serving you on many more visits to The Venetian | The Palazzo in the near future.

USA
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Less than a year ago I wrote about my stay in this hotel and my review was mixed at best. Two weeks ago when in town for business I stayed at THE HOTEL at Mandalay Bay, which to put it bluntly was not an enjoyable experience but you can read about that in another post. The reason I bring it up at all is because haveing just stayed at Mandalay I can compare the two properties with specificity.

Let's start with the Plaazzo. At the north end of the strip, between the Venetian (its sister property) and the Wynn and Wynn Encore (its neighbors) it's not in the middle of everything, which in my opinion is a plus. It's quieter, easier to get in and out of and has fewer street freaks to deal with. If you like enjoy traffic congestion, street people, dirty sidewalks and gutters this isn't where you want to stay.

There are two levels in the Palazzo one of which is the Prestige Level. If you are a business person, or traveling with the family, you should seriously consider staying on the Prestige Level. While the rooms are no different than the standard level the benefits are substantailly greater and well worth the nominal difference in room rates. For the additional money you get a separate check in level exclusively for Presige guests on the 23rd floor. If you like to stand in long lines then you won't enjoy this benefit. You also get a very nice free breakfast served buffet style that while not as extensive as a restaurant still offers more than adequate nourishment and variety for you and your family and it's free for Prestige Level guests. If you enjoy shelling out $80 or more for a mediocre breakfast for four then you won't enjoy this benefit either. Between 5 - 8 in the Prestige Lounge you are wecome to join them for free Hors d'ouveres (nice variety changed daily), cocktails, wine, beer, soft drinks and coffee are served and they are premium selections not the cheapest available, and again it's included free with a Prestige level room. They also serve a small desert selection from 8 - 9 before they close the lounge nightly at 10 PM. Another benefit is the business center in the Prestige Lounge that enables you to check in with your family, friends or business as you wish. The lounge is roughly 12,000 square feet, offers great views and with comfortable furnishings if you just want to have someplace pleasant to relax the lounge is perfect.

The room I stayed in was 24705, a Siena suite which oddly enough is the exact same room I stayed in the last time I was here so now I have the advantage of reviewing a room after I pointed out some of their shortcomings. I am happy to say that none of the items I suggested they address were unresolved. The furnishings had been repaired as an example but unfortunately the room itself doesn't offer an attractive view so in my case I think I'd forget about the Sienna Suite and ask for a room with a better view becuase all Sienna Suites apparently have limited or unattractive views (per the concierge staff and the reservations staff). The room was quiet, in better condition than my last visit and clean. If it had a view it would be perfect but 3 out of 4 was good enough.

Unlike THE HOTEL at Mandalay Bay the Palazzo was better organized, cleaner, better maintained, had a better selection of and many more restaurant choices, better public areas including the casino and theaters and overall was a much better experience overall. By comparison the rooms at Mandalay, including one comporable to that which I stayed in at The Palazzo were inferior. The elevator situation at Mandalay is substandard often waiting between 5 and 9 minutes for one to arrive only to find it packed, something I've never experienced at the Palazzo. Also Mandalay itself is at the extreme south end of the strip, which is a long way from the rest of the Las Vegas properties you may want to visit.

After staying in THE HOTEL at Mandalay Bay (If that's the best their marketing department could come up with they should seriously think about firing everyone in the department) and then staying in the Palazzo in the same month there is no comparision. The Palazzo is the superior hotel hands down.

Room Tip: Stay on the Prestige Level and ask for a room facing the strip as the property faces Treasure Isalnd...
Green Features: As is customary in many hotels you can opt to have your bed linens changed daily as well as your bath towels. Personally I thinks it's a scam to reduce operating costs in housekeeping operations.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
7 Thank P K
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your review providing so many details and insights. I am particularly struck by the detail that you provided future visitors to The Venetian | The Palazzo. I appreciate your thoughtful review and concern to advise fellow travelers of the tips, locations and feedback that made your stay successful. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and we all look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo in the near future.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We have stayed at the Palazzo many times since it opened. There are many aspects we like: the proximity of parking to rooms, the blackjack dealers, the abundance of slot machines, the make-up area in the bathroom, proximity to shopping, and the restaurants (Bouchon, Carne Vino, B&B). However over the years we have had issues from leaking faucets, air-conditioning that didn't work, and this time a mattress that was far too soft. One time they gave our rooms away because we had a late flight, even though they had already charged us a $600 deposit. No one said, "sorry about that." Another time we made the mistake of having my husband check-in and it meant all of the Grazie points went to his account rather than mine and we were told there was no way to fix it. We have had issues with people yelling in the halls at night and banging on our room door. On our trip this week we were both on the account to sign for charges, yet had trouble at breakfast, then went to the main desk to fix it, and still had trouble at lunch with our room charge. We have filled out many of their on-line surveys and provided our names but only once has anyone contacted us. I wish there was a rating between average and very good, because that is where I would put the Palazzo.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank techteach
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo as your host during your recent visit. I am disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success, and apologize for the challenges you experienced in charging to your suite. The service, or lack thereof, that you described is definitely not to our standards. I understand that there are many travel options when visiting this city and I sincerely thank you for choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo to host you during your past visits. Please feel free to contact our Guest Relations office directly as I certainly wish for an opportunity to rectify the challenges experienced. I hope that The Venetian | The Palazzo can continue to be your resort of choice when visiting this fabulous city.