“Excellent”

GreenLeadersGold level
Las Cruces, NM
“Excellent”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I can't say enough good things about staying at Palazzo, which is part of the Venetian complex on the Las Vegas Strip. The rooms are ALWAYS clean, comfortable, and generally quiet (except, in the case of the most recent visit when we had a room facing the Strip and the Treasure Island pirate show was going on---but it was endurable). Staff is always helpful, and that was shown again this visit when we had checked out, and were almost all the way to the airport when we discovered we had left something important in the room. Not only did the front desk provide us promptly and graciously with another key card, but the valet parking attendant held the car so we could quickly exit the complex and head back to the airport. As to the casino, it is smaller but quieter than the casino as Venetian. Cafe Lux, where we prefer to eat, has restaurants in both casinos. The only thing we missed with staying at Palazzo vs. Venetian (where we've also stayed many times) is the food court where we could go for a quick meal, carry out, or snack. I would DEFINITELY recommend this hotel (ditto for Venetian) but when given the choice between the two, we have repeatedly in recent visits chosen Palasso.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you sharing your positive feedback regarding The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am pleased to read that we have earned your loyalty and that we have become your choice hotel when traveling to Las Vegas.

I am also very pleased to read that our team members were able to promptly assist you during this past visit. I can certainly empathize with how you must have felt when realizing you had to travel all the way back to the hotel from the airport to retrieve something you left behind in your suite.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo each and every time your travels take you to this fabulous city.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,623)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Orange, California
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I've had the pleasure of being a guest at the Palazzo several times. The enjoyment starts with their parking. If you drive and park yourself, it is the best self park of any mega hotel I've visited.
I have actually gone from parked car with luggage, through check in and inside our room within 15 minutes.
They have always been very accomodating when arriving early, rooms have been available immediately. We enjoy seeing Wendy at the Fusion bar on the casino floor just off the elevators. They make all their drinks with special twists of whatever.
With all the dining and entertainment choices it always is an exciting or relaxing trip, whatever we are in the mood for. I've never been in Vegas on the Fourth of July and am looking forward to our next planned trip.

Room Tip: I've had rooms in all quadrants, facing every direction. There are views of the main strip on tw...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with our team members. They will truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you. Every aspect of The Venetian | The Palazzo was created for the enjoyment of our guests and I am so very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. I value your loyalty and certainly look forward to hosting you again during your July visit.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I've stayed in Palazzo ever since it just opened. The rooms used to be clean and a bliss to stay in. There are new management now and I see it the minute I arrived. Today is May 25th 2013. Currently I'm waiting for my fiancé for the third time to speak to the management. We are being billed 500 tonight for a room. Last night we hardly slept because a room we were places in was so dirty. Nothing was cleaned. I honestly thought it was a joke. I'm currently in a room where there are course curly hairs all in the tub. My pillow has a pretty large size, hard, red stain on it. The mirror has vomit all over it. Did the maids feel it was too gross to clean ? We called the front desk six time and after an hour of waiting on their line, my fiancé had to go to the front desk. I am jaded and don't think I'd stay here again. Ill go next door to encore. At least encore has amazing etiquette and everyone greets you with delight and genuinely wants to help you and is happy to be working. Palazzo has let me down and I hope you all really decide if paying 300 for a low quality linin and horrible service with dirty rooms are worth it. Forgot to mention, we went from the basic suites and decided to upgrade to the Siena, the siena is just a oversized, version of the other suites with added chairs and unused space with nothing great to fill. Im not going to make my guy upgrade to a largo just to have more disappointments, I saw pictures, looks like a grand Siena. A joke. This is our third time changing rooms and well just settle with just the dirty shower issue. We can't change hotels, they'll still charge us. Learned my lesson. I'd recommend Encores rooms. Cosmopolitan, or Vdara for more contemp. Style lovers. I heard aria is nice too. Good luck.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Taolee777
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you took to write about your experience and we are glad it has been brought to our attention. It is disappointing to hear that your visit to our property was not a complete success. At The Venetian | The Palazzo we strive to provide exceptional service and I apologize we did not meet your expectations.

I greatly apologize for the unnecessary frustrations you experienced during your visit. It is never our intention to cause our guests such unnecessary stress and inconvenience such as the conditions you described in review. We constantly strive to provide a restful, relaxing, enjoyable stay, and to provide each patron with our Unmatched Guest Services. I am sorry that we failed to impart that service to you. I am glad you have notified us so we can acknowledge your experience and use your comments to improve our service.

Please allow me to assure you that your most recent experience is not the standard of our resort. We value your patronage, and hope that this atypical experience will not deter you from visiting our property again. I invite you to contact our guest relations department directly as I would like an opportunity to gather more details of the challenges you experienced and do what it takes to earn your future loyalty. It is my sincere hope that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations on a future visit.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 25, 2013

The Palazzo Casino/Resort is the sister property to the Venetian, and it really adds to the fun of enjoying Vegas.

I did not stay here, I visited the casino, the shops, and some of the restaurants. All were great. Very upscale (to the point I almost felt like I needed to dress up a bit more, but I never do when traveling), and some of the vendors pushing the face cream were pretty assertive (BTW, I got so many samples, I didn't have to buy any!).

The lobby areas/atriums, etc....gorgeous. The pool was also VERY nice and the bartending staff at the pool were very nice (we visited mid-week).

Overall, a definite "yes" if you're considering Vegas. Great central location, too.

Green Features: I think this hotel and the Venetian are some of the most eco-friendly hotels on the strip. But I'm not sure about that...just that they make a point to tell you about it, so there must be some reality to it. :)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for recommending The Venetian | The Palazzo to your fellow travelers. Earning referrals from previous guests is a wonderful compliment that you have given. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 25, 2013

The service at this hotel is excellent, the staff are courteous, and professional. They will pamper you. I plan on returning. The view was great. They immediately had our room ready which was a plus. The loction is great to the trip.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo as your host during your recent visit to Las Vegas. Providing an unmatched guest experience is of paramount importance here at The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am very pleased to read that you experienced our unmatched guest service and that you felt pampered during your time with us. Thank you for sharing and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 24, 2013

this is my first time stay in this hotel. but I love it .. the server was wonderful.. everybody was helpful.... I really enjoin while stayed.. and definitely will be back here next year for my summer trip...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mrq T
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing such kind words and positive feedback on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate your thoughtful review and are pleased you enjoyed The Palazzo experience! It was my pleasure to share your positive comments with our team members. They truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I have stayed many times at Palazzo since its grand opening in 2008, but in my recent visits I must say there has been a discernible decline in quality and service.

For the two most recent visits this year, I found the bath towels stiff and scratchy, and in the last visit a couple of weeks ago, our beds appeared to be hastily made, with visible depressions and wrinkles on the bedding. Our bath robes were not hanged back in the closets, but were thrown on the beds very much the same way when we left the room in the morning. Another surprise, after we reported the problem to the front desk, the bathrobes simply disappeared from the room and nowhere to be found. By the way, when we tried to call the front desk to report the problem, the phone stammered, making communication difficult. I hope it was only a coincident.

While I must point out that we did not pay for the premium floors, so we do not expect premium amenities. But is it too much to expect a working phone, a properly made bed, and some soft and fluffy towels, especially from a five-star establishment that charges a $25 resort fee per day on top of the room rates? Palazzo, you have a good reputation, so please don’t skimp on fabric softener and housekeeping.

In spite of the misgivings, I still rank Palazzo good value if you can get their promotion rates that are often offered in low season. It provides all-suite accommodation and the suites are spacious. The resort is seamlessly integrated with Venetian’s canal shops and restaurants. Its physical layout is comfortable in scale and easy to navigate. As always, the concierge and front desk are helpful and make you feel welcome. Before I forget, its WiFi service, included in its resort fee, is fast and simple to log on.

No doubt, I may return sometime in the future as my friend and I are Las Vegas regulars, but we have already booked a different casino/resort for our next trip

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Larry H
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay at The Venetian|The Palazzo. I understand that there are many travel options when visiting this city and we sincerely appreciate and thank you for choosing The Venetian|The Palazzo to host you during your most recent visit. I am very disappointed to hear that your visit was not a complete success. Please accept our apologies for the dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay.

Should you wish to further discuss the details of your visit, we invite you to contact our Guest Relations Department directly. It is our sincere hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations on a future visit.