“Palazzo rooms are great.....”

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #7 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Potomac, Maryland
“Palazzo rooms are great.....”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

but so disappointed that my teenagers, ages 17 and 14 could not work out in the gym. We were on a family vacation, and then they were turned away at the Canyon Ranch facility in the Palazzo. If I had known that I never would have stayed there. The rooms were big and nice, but the elevators had the same annoying ad playing over and over every time we got in the elevator. Food at the Canyon Ranch spa restaurant was great and healthy.

Room Tip: We requested and received adjoining rooms for our family which was nice.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank clorbs
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am pleased that you enjoyed our suites. Still, please accept my sincere apologies for the difficulties you experienced while at Canyon Ranch. While I cannot speak on their behalf, as The Venetian | The Palazzo does not directly own or operate this outlet, I know they will share my concern as they constantly seek opportunities to improve their service. I encourage you to reach out to Canyon Ranch directly to address your concerns.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,587)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Ontario
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This was my wife's and I first time staying at the Palazzo after doing countless hours of research of all the other hotels within the equal price range, and I was pleased that I made the right decision. This hotel is North on the Strip, between the Venetian and Wynn, and across from Treasure Island. Upon arrival, the Bell staff welcomed us with smiles, and ASKED if they could take our luggage - which was nice as most hotel staff take first and seem annoyed when you tell them you can manage it yourself. Nice! The luggage tags were given to us, with the promise of a 10-15 minute return upon check-in...detailed directions were given as we had upgraded to the Prestige level, check in was on the 23rd floor. It was a surprisingly short walk thru the lobby and Casino to the hotel elevators; prior to getting to the elevators, a security guard from the Hotel was asking for your guest key-card before he would allow you to pass. I told him we were checking in and he gave instructions on which set of elevators and wished us a pleasant stay! Very nice! Check-in went smoothly, we were offered Champagne or water, handed our room key and all of the Hotel amenities were outlined clearly. We had asked for a non-connecting room, trying to avoid any noisy neighbours, and when we got to our room, we had a connecting door. Back down to the check-in desk, the Desk Clerk didn't seem pleased with us, and tried to talk us into keeping the same room even though another room was available. We switched rooms, and honestly, no big deal to us, the Desk Clerk gave a snotty smirk, like she had been but through the wringer. We thanked her, gave her the benefit of the doubt as we are easy-going, but why would the Hotel include a requests section on the reservation form if the Desk Clerk won't read it? No worries, we were in Vegas, Baby!

The room was one giant rectangle, and very elegant and beautiful! Bathroom was excellent, dual sinks, separate toilet, separate shower/bath tub and also had a powder table for the ladies. King bed was soooo comfy, TV's in the bathroom, bedroom and living room. There were two steps down to get from the bedroom area to the living room, clearly marked, it had a big "L" shaped couch, desk and floor to ceiling windows, overlooking the Wynn golf course, Venetian and the Airport in the distance. The Mountain Range provided a picturesque backdrop. Housekeeping was outstanding, providing everything/anything you asked for and replenished the soap/shampoo, etc., every day!

The restaurants vary in cost/ selection and really depends what you are wanting to spend or eat, but something for everyone. As the hotel is connected to the shopping mall at the Venetian, there are also additional choices for meals.

The Prestige level allowed access to the Lounge on the 23rd floor, by use of your Key. In the AM, a continental breakfast was provided, including coffee/tea, pastries, fresh fruit, toast, bagels, dry cereal, oatmeal...all on a help-yourself basis. In the evening, h'ors d'ouveres were available and changed every night. Complimentary drinks, alcoholic or other, were available 5-8pm, and were served at your table. The views offered were of the strip, overlooking Treasure Island and out towards Old Vegas, although some of the tables were set back from the windows. The Staff in the Lounge were exceptional for both the AM and PM service, very friendly and attentive...so much so, after chatting with one of the servers, Jane, she offered us a table by the window before she cleared it; very much appreciated! Worth the price, no question!

Only drawback on this property was the Casino. The minimums on table games was always high, even when no-one was playing. I laughed when at 10am the minimum bet on Roulette was pegged at $25 for outside bets with no-one in sight. As a result, I played once on-site, but due to the lack of other players, I left...just a feeling of no vibe, no excitement. No worries!

This hotel was worth every penny I spent, mostly due to the upgrade to the Prestige level. Saved on breakfast every day, got a couple of drinks and appetizers in the evening, the huge suite, location on the Strip... just made the Vegas experience as big as it gets! I would stay here again only if I could get the Prestige Level, otherwise, you could probably get the same glitz and glamour at any of the other up-scale hotels nearby. The Prestige sets this hotel apart from its competitors.

Room Tip: The Strip view rooms may only offer that of the Northern part of the Strip, and not so much the view...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hobie_17
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo during your most recent trip to Las Vegas. I appreciate your review providing so many details and insights. I am particularly struck by the detail that you provided future visitors to The Venetian | The Palazzo. I appreciate your thoughtful review and concern to advise fellow travelers of the tips, locations and moments that made your stay so memorable and special.

I am particularly pleased that you enjoyed the service provided by Prestige at The Palazzo. Prestige provides the next level of luxury here at the resort and it sounds like you took full advantage of that.

I am pleased that you would choose to stay with us again at The Venetian | The Palazzo. I anticipate your return and am looking forward to the opportunity to exceed your expectations yet again during future stays at Prestige at The Palazzo.

Denver
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Took my Mom for her 80th Birthday to the Palazzo and stayed on the Prestige floors. It was perfect. The room was elegant and the amenities provided such as breakfast, tea and evening drinks and treats made my mom feel like a queen. The little chocolates in the little drawstring bags were a great hit with her and they brought a box of Godiva chocolates with a card for her birthday. My mom loved the atmospher of the overall complex with the shops, the canal, the casino and the variety of restaurants. She was serenaded on the canal, fussed over at restaurants and congratulated on her birthday by so many. I loved the fact that you could not get to the elevator banks without showing your room card. Overall it hit the mark for what I wanted to achieve for this milestone birthday.

Room Tip: I appreciated having the opportunity to spend the extra and be on the Prestige floors, but I ran to...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the privilege of hosting you during your mom’s 80th birthday celebration! Congratulations on this special milestone and I am pleased that The Venetian | The Palazzo enhanced and contributed to your celebration.

Thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor and I anxiously anticipate many more opportunities to serve you during future special occasions.

London
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Bit late on writing this review but thought better late than never.

This was my 3rd visit to Las Vegas with my friends and i was determined it to the best one to date. I love LV so it was natural that i would pick it to celebrate my bachelor party. We were originally due to stay at the Venetian but a quick $20 tip at the front desk got me upgraded to a suite at the Palazzo ( Great way to start the holiday). From the moment you walk into the grand lobby you are immediately transported to modern day Italy with some brilliant decor. The high ceilings, intricate art work and fountains all put you the mood straight away. As you make your way to the rooms the buzz of the casino begins to take over. One of the best Casinos I’ve gambled in, the other was at the Encore and this is right up there. Staff are brilliant, the lady at check in knew I would need a mini fridge to keep my "medicines" cold. Lovely touch and by the time I got to my room (15min walk) it was there already. Its sometimes the little things that makes the stay.

Rooms are spacious; we had a sunken living room with Flat screen TV and huge sofa which is ideal as we got all the lads in one room for some pre night out drinks. The beds are like heaven and the equivalent of sleeping on clouds. The cleaning staffs are so friendly and truly did an amazing job in keeping the rooms clean.

The pool(s) are brilliant, you can either relax at the main one or you can head over to TAO...pool party!! And boy oh boy it doesn’t disappoint. TAOs motto is Live long, Be happy and follow your own path...so apt for Vegas! This pool party was insane, brilliant music and the girls are steaming hot. No attitude as everyone is up for a joke and laugh.

The night club TAO is, we were initially annoyed at the bouncer for not letting us in as it was collars only and we had t-shirts on. Then to be told we need to book a table as there were too many guys in a group. Guess we expected that bit about the table but the no collars thing annoyed us a little as we were still dressed in shoes and blazers. Once we got in you lose your senses, wonderful club, amazing atmosphere and well worth a visit.

The gondola is a nice touch and well worth it if you want to impress the missus with a romantic gesture. All in all a wonderful hotel and I can’t wait to go back but this time with the missus.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank JackD78
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to read that The Venetian | The Palazzo exceeded your expectations and provided you with unmatched service and accommodations. Since, The Venetian | The Palazzo is now your first choice when visiting Las Vegas, I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort in the near future.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Loved our stay at the Palazzo.. even though we were here for a conference, and didn't spend much time in the room, there is nothing bad I can say about this place. The rooms are palatial, the beds are really comfy, the bathroom is amazing! There are double doors into the bathroom which might give an idea of the size of it!!

Our view was less impressive, overlooking some air vents and rooftop... but we could see mountains in the distance which was nice :)

This is probably the same with every hotel in Vegas, but because the place is so huge, walking to your room can take forever if you're in the casino/shopping areas/Sands centre, but I doubt any other hotel is different, they all seemed to be ridiculously huge.

Room Tip: All rooms in the Palazzo are suites. We had the 'smallest' one, and it was enormous!! I stay...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience on TripAdvisor. I am particularly pleased that you recognized the unsurpassed suite accommodations at The Venetian | The Palazzo. As the only all-suite hotel on the Las Vegas Strip we are very proud of our standard suites and I am pleased that you valued them as well.

Again, thank you for your encouraging review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to exceeding your expectations during your next trip to Las Vegas.

Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I can't say enough about our stay at the palazzo- the room was immaculate, the staff very attentive and the location perfect! Honestly, walking into the room just took our breath away, it was that good.
The staff were really helpful with helping us find food and activities and they all seemed really lovely.
We're going back to Vegas in a couple of days to stay one more night before flying out and are staying at the bellagio, but I wish we were back at the palazzo!

• Stayed April 2013
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, April 9, 2013

Orlando
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stay here every few days. Each time we have had a great experience. The service has been perfect with a very friendly staff. The rooms are always nice and clean. There are several great restaurants in the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you sharing your positive feedback regarding The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am pleased to read that The Venetian | The Palazzo have earned your loyalty. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo each and every time your travels take you to this fabulous city.