“Nice but long walk”

GreenLeadersGold level
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Nice but long walk”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Great hotel . Were upgraded free to a view room . Rooms are MASSIVE ! ! and so clean .ONLY downside ( is there really a downside being in Vegas ?? ) is the walk from the room to the lobby . Can take up to 10 minutes . Longer if you get lost .
Would go there again no probs .

Room Tip: Pay attention to how you get to your room 1st time as it can be easy to get lost .
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. It was my pleasure to share your positive experience with our team. They truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,677)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We would definitely stay at the Palazzo again - really nice property at the perfect spot on the strip! We stayed in the Luxury View Suite, and for one of the lower priced rooms in the hotel, it was large and warm with a good vibe. The couch and bed were super comfortable, the bathroom large with a huge bathtub and separate shower.

We had a nice view over the pool where you could see mountains in the background, and had quick access to shops (very high end, we only went to the Banana Republic which was a really nice store) and a lot of amazing restaurants (ate at two of Emeril's restaurants - Table 10's BBQ Shrimp appetizer was the best shrimp I've ever had and Delmonico Steakhouse was amazing overall). The Walgreens was super close, which was convenient too.

I would've given this room an excellent rating, except there was no fridge other than the pay one, no cups/glasses in the room, no HDMI ports on the TV's, and the lights were way too bright and awkward to use. The wireless internet was really fast and easy to set up and the room was still really great though!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo and for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. I truly appreciate that you have so graciously allowed us the opportunity to learn about your recent experience, and we also appreciate the suggestions and feedback you have provided. Please be assured that I do take all feedbacks and suggestions seriously, and I will look into them accordingly. I truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

California
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I recently stayed here for 3 nights at a work event. First off, the Palazzo / Venetian complex is fantastic - truly a wonder of the world. You could spend a very enjoyable vacation here without ever leaving the resort. The architecture is amazing - having been to Venice, I was pleased to find that it actually did evoke very pleasant memories of that city.

The room, however was a complete disappointment and not at all what I would expect from a hotel of this standard. For some reason I was assigned a disabled accessible room (which I did not want or ask for). The closet was tiny - there was room to hang up perhaps 5 or 6 items of clothing. The ironing board provided was pathetic - about two foot long with no leg supports to speak of. It was very difficult to prepare my clothes. The furniture in the room (sofa, coffee table) was pretty old and worn. The fixtures in the bath / shower were actually coming off of the wall. I had to hold the shower head in my hand to wash. I was unable to turn the handle to put the shower on full (water was still coming out of the tap). The handle on the in-room safe was also partially torn off (I was slightly weary of using it in case it broke completely). I did make all of these concerns known to the front desk when I was checking out.

These might seem somewhat minor considerations but when a hotel pitches itself at this standard, nothing less than perfect can reasonably be acceptable. I did see some other rooms at the hotel which were very impressive in comparison.

In summary - you can have an amazing stay here, but take care that you're not given a sub-standard room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank IrishWeather
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo as your host during your recent visit to Las Vegas. I am disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success, and apologize for the challenges you experienced. I take these matters very seriously and I am disheartened to read that a resolution was not reached. Should you wish to further discuss your challenges please contact our Guest Relations department.

Palatine, Illinois
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This place is beautiful. Eye candy indeed. After a nice arrival (great bell service and check in) and security finding a necklace that my daughter somehow lost between check in and getting to our room..I was ready to give this place as high of marks as I could. But at the end of the day, you are here to get quality sleep when you want it, and that just wasn't going to happen here. Our mattress was so worn out on one side it felt like sleeping on the side of a hill. And they cheaped out on the walls in this place. Beautiful wall paper, but these walls don't stop any noise. We heard noise from parties in other rooms, water running every time someone else flushed or took a shower, hallway noise all night long...as well as every police and fire truck siren all night long (literally dozens). And we were on the 34 floor.
And don't buy into their statements that they heat their pools to 80 some degress. Lie. Water was ice cold.
The water stains on the counters in the bath and living area were pretty bad. The surface was ovbiously not adequately sealed (cheaped out again) and looks horrible.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo. After saving for so long and traveling so far it breaks my heart that your stay was not a complete success. I would like to apologize on behalf of The Venetian | The Palazzo and our team for your experience during your stay. It concerns me deeply to learn that your suite condition did not reflect a level of exceptionality. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate department, which always welcomes suggestions for improvement.

Again, I extend my apologies and invite you to contact our Guest Relations department directly as I would like an opportunity to gather more details of the challenges you experienced and do what it takes to earn your future loyalty. It is my sincere hope that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations on a future visit.

Mission Viejo, California, United States
Reviewed April 5, 2013

A superb value for the money. A wonderful resort hotel with outstanding ammenities, a friendly and ver helpful staff, outstanding restaurents and shopping. Conveniently located on the Las Vegas Strip The Palazzo is close to other major hotels and the major shopping mall in Las Vegas. The rooms are a super bargain and are some of the best in Las Vegas. We have stayed at many other major properties in Las Vegas. None match for the price what The Palazzo has to offer.

Room Tip: Ask for high floors facing the Las Vegas Strip.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you sharing your positive feedback regarding The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am pleased to read that The Venetian | The Palazzo have earned your loyalty. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo each and every time your travels take you to this fabulous city.

Chevy Chase, MD
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Our family of four, including two teenagers, had ample space in our room. We really appreicated being able to have breakfast and a drink before dinner at the hotel. We also had a great view.The staff were all very helpful. I would not stay here if you are looking for a fabulous, huge pool but otherwise highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I would stay in a Prestige suite.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo during your most recent trip to Las Vegas. I am particularly pleased that you enjoyed the service provided by Prestige at The Palazzo. Prestige provides the next level of luxury here at the resort and it sounds like you took full advantage of that.

I am pleased that you would choose to stay with us again at The Venetian | The Palazzo. I anticipate your return and am looking forward to the opportunity to exceed your expectations yet again during future stays at Prestige at The Palazzo.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Got upgraded since my birthday was on. The view was great of the strip and was close to the elevator .
Had a great time huge place lot to do . We enjoyed Tao . Housekeeping could do with vacuuming every day though .

Room Tip: Strip view is the way to go
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the privilege of hosting you during your birthday celebration! Congratulations on this special milestone and I am pleased that The Venetian | The Palazzo enhanced and contributed to your celebration.

Thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor and I anxiously anticipate many more opportunities to serve you during future special occasions.