“Fantastic hotel, but very disappointing room”

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #8 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I recently stayed here for 3 nights at a work event. First off, the Palazzo / Venetian complex is fantastic - truly a wonder of the world. You could spend a very enjoyable vacation here without ever leaving the resort. The architecture is amazing - having been to Venice, I was pleased to find that it actually did evoke very pleasant memories of that city.

The room, however was a complete disappointment and not at all what I would expect from a hotel of this standard. For some reason I was assigned a disabled accessible room (which I did not want or ask for). The closet was tiny - there was room to hang up perhaps 5 or 6 items of clothing. The ironing board provided was pathetic - about two foot long with no leg supports to speak of. It was very difficult to prepare my clothes. The furniture in the room (sofa, coffee table) was pretty old and worn. The fixtures in the bath / shower were actually coming off of the wall. I had to hold the shower head in my hand to wash. I was unable to turn the handle to put the shower on full (water was still coming out of the tap). The handle on the in-room safe was also partially torn off (I was slightly weary of using it in case it broke completely). I did make all of these concerns known to the front desk when I was checking out.

These might seem somewhat minor considerations but when a hotel pitches itself at this standard, nothing less than perfect can reasonably be acceptable. I did see some other rooms at the hotel which were very impressive in comparison.

In summary - you can have an amazing stay here, but take care that you're not given a sub-standard room.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank IrishWeather
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo as your host during your recent visit to Las Vegas. I am disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success, and apologize for the challenges you experienced. I take these matters very seriously and I am disheartened to read that a resolution was not reached. Should you wish to further discuss your challenges please contact our Guest Relations department.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

This place is beautiful. Eye candy indeed. After a nice arrival (great bell service and check in) and security finding a necklace that my daughter somehow lost between check in and getting to our room..I was ready to give this place as high of marks as I could. But at the end of the day, you are here to get quality sleep when you want it, and that just wasn't going to happen here. Our mattress was so worn out on one side it felt like sleeping on the side of a hill. And they cheaped out on the walls in this place. Beautiful wall paper, but these walls don't stop any noise. We heard noise from parties in other rooms, water running every time someone else flushed or took a shower, hallway noise all night long...as well as every police and fire truck siren all night long (literally dozens). And we were on the 34 floor.
And don't buy into their statements that they heat their pools to 80 some degress. Lie. Water was ice cold.
The water stains on the counters in the bath and living area were pretty bad. The surface was ovbiously not adequately sealed (cheaped out again) and looks horrible.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo. After saving for so long and traveling so far it breaks my heart that your stay was not a complete success. I would like to apologize on behalf of The Venetian | The Palazzo and our team for your experience during your stay. It concerns me deeply to learn that your suite condition did not reflect a level of exceptionality. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate department, which always welcomes suggestions for improvement.

Again, I extend my apologies and invite you to contact our Guest Relations department directly as I would like an opportunity to gather more details of the challenges you experienced and do what it takes to earn your future loyalty. It is my sincere hope that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations on a future visit.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

A superb value for the money. A wonderful resort hotel with outstanding ammenities, a friendly and ver helpful staff, outstanding restaurents and shopping. Conveniently located on the Las Vegas Strip The Palazzo is close to other major hotels and the major shopping mall in Las Vegas. The rooms are a super bargain and are some of the best in Las Vegas. We have stayed at many other major properties in Las Vegas. None match for the price what The Palazzo has to offer.

Room Tip: Ask for high floors facing the Las Vegas Strip.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you sharing your positive feedback regarding The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am pleased to read that The Venetian | The Palazzo have earned your loyalty. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo each and every time your travels take you to this fabulous city.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Our family of four, including two teenagers, had ample space in our room. We really appreicated being able to have breakfast and a drink before dinner at the hotel. We also had a great view.The staff were all very helpful. I would not stay here if you are looking for a fabulous, huge pool but otherwise highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I would stay in a Prestige suite.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo during your most recent trip to Las Vegas. I am particularly pleased that you enjoyed the service provided by Prestige at The Palazzo. Prestige provides the next level of luxury here at the resort and it sounds like you took full advantage of that.

I am pleased that you would choose to stay with us again at The Venetian | The Palazzo. I anticipate your return and am looking forward to the opportunity to exceed your expectations yet again during future stays at Prestige at The Palazzo.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Got upgraded since my birthday was on. The view was great of the strip and was close to the elevator .
Had a great time huge place lot to do . We enjoyed Tao . Housekeeping could do with vacuuming every day though .

Room Tip: Strip view is the way to go
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the privilege of hosting you during your birthday celebration! Congratulations on this special milestone and I am pleased that The Venetian | The Palazzo enhanced and contributed to your celebration.

Thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor and I anxiously anticipate many more opportunities to serve you during future special occasions.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Great location, awesome shops/restaurants/pools you really barely need to leave this resort to have a great time in Vegas! The only downside is some of the gamblers in the group were bummed there were not many blackjack/roulette tables there were mainly slot machines in the casino. We got a bella suite,and they upgraded us to a suite view for free! There were three t.v.s in the whole room which were unused- but you can watch t.v. in the bathroom if you insist! The bathroom was awesome, the shower was separated from the toilet and there is also a bathtub included. We trashed the room pretty badly and was not charged but made sure to leave a generous tip for the staff. The front desk was very helpful and would promptly deliver anything we asked for. There are a bunch of great but typically spendy shops in this area and the Venetian which is connected. Lavo is a great club, you can go to Tao which was pretty meh but popular, and during the day Azure has jacuzzis/cabanas and overpriced but tasty beverages. We paid normal hotel prices for a great classy (for Vegas!) environment- would definitely recommend!!!

Room Tip: we enjoyed the bella suite with five of us it worked out great
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your review providing so many details and insights. I am particularly struck by the detail that you provided future visitors to The Venetian | The Palazzo. I appreciate your thoughtful review and concern to advise fellow travelers of the tips, locations and moments that made your stay so memorable and special. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and we all look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo in the near future.

Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Perfect accommodations for our girls trip! Very spacious with adjoining rooms! Nicely decorated with a nice size bathroom! We felt the location was perfect for our needs! Casino and restaurant were excellent also. Paula Abdul was staying there also.

• Stayed: February 2013
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I understand that there are many travel options when visiting this city and I sincerely appreciate and thank you for choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo to host you during your most recent visit. I look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo each time your travels take you back to this fabulous city.