“A big bang for your buck”

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #7 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Monterey, California
“A big bang for your buck”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have stayed nearly all of the hotels on the strip and I have to say that Palazzo is my top 3 hotels when factoring in service, amenities, and rooms. The rooms here are all suites so they are big and spacious. Since the hotel is relatively one of the newer ones, this place isn't as run down as perhaps the Bellagio or Venetian. Although the rooms were generally to my liking I did not like the sheets and thought they were of lower quality because they just didn't feel nice. That was pretty much the only nuisance and considering what I paid per night, the value was incredible.

The service I had some problems with. Although checking in wasn't a problem, when calling the front desk for a late checkout I was kept waiting on the phone for an hour. I think they forgot about me and when I called them back 3 hours later they did offer me a 1pm check out and a short apology.

I love the amenities at this hotel. They have some superb restaurants and the spa (Canyon Ranch) is amazing and I never miss a chance for some R&R. Their aquavana is blissful and on a lazy trip I often go back and forth between the steam room and the pool which is also located on the 3rd floor. They have 3 main pools that are quite large but the problem with the Palazzo is that the sun for the main pool doesn't show up until 1pm. The hotel blocks the sun and although the smaller (kiddy) pool has sun as early as 10 am, it gets really crowded by mid afternoon and you have to wait till late afternoon to sunbathe.

The restaurants here are amazing from Carnevino to The Grande Lux which is their 24 hour cafe. If you've eaten at the Grande Lux it will taste remarkably like Cheesecake Factory because it is operated by the same company. Palazzo is also connected to the Venetian and if you're a shopper the Venetian has its own shopping area with other restaurants and high end shops.

Although my 3rd stay at the Palazzo wasn't perfect I'll give them a Mulligan, I would be back here in the Summer if the prices are right.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo as your host during your recent visit to Las Vegas. I am pleased that you enjoyed our opulent suites and indulgent housekeeping service. Still, I am disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success, and apologize for the long hold time at the front desk.

I am pleased that this mishap did not dampen your spirit or take away from the other aspects of your stay that exceeded your expectations. I hope to have the privilege of serving you on many more visits to The Venetian | The Palazzo in the near future.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,623)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Beautiful, luxurious and spacious room with a great view of the strip. The beds were fabulous and the amenities were very high quality. A very special room experience. I was really happy with our hotel choice as the Palazzo is a smaller and quieter experience.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 40th floor with a view of the strip. I heard no street noise and the view was fanta...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, April 4, 2013

Esbjerg

This is a superb hotel.
The view from our room was great, and so was the suite. Which was located on the 36th floor
Big warm outdoor pool, with good and friendly staff service.
The casino itself is nothing special and the hotel doesnt have breakfast buffet. They do however have a great bar with excellent burgers..perfect for when you return after a night out.
Across from the hotel is the Wynn hotel with one of the best bars in vegas...for a relaxing drink and great show a night.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for allowing us to host you during your recent visit and for taking the time to share your words of appreciation. I am humbled to have received such thoughtful comments, for there really is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. We all look forward to the privilege of serving you on a return trip to this fabulous city.

winnipeg
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The rooms are big (slightly outdated, but I think that's the style they were going for). Went for a concert at the Palms over Easter weekend, but stayed at the Prestige level at Palazzo. Nothing stood out as exceptional, but I would stay here again. I enjoyed the amenities at the Prestige level, though there were so many people everyday it felt crowded (especially with children). The food at breakfast & cocktail hour was delicious. They even had a candy counter during mid afternoon, which I enjoyed. The staff were very helpful with all of our needs & questions. Overall, a very good hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am pleased that you enjoyed the Prestige at The Palazzo and that your overall impression was positive. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo in the near future.

Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have stayed at most of the 5 * hotels, but the Palazzo has everything & more of what you need for the best of Vegas. Spacious suites, Clean, Superb service in all areas. Of course , love those slots. Every price and type of rester aunts, you could wish for. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary at the Palazzo in March. We have stayed here twice before, and have stayed at many other hotels in Vegas, but in my opinion it is one of the "best" overall choices in Vegas. Large suites, clean rooms, friendly staff, fun and lively pools, and great food and entertainment options.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the privilege of hosting you during your anniversary celebration! Congratulations on this special milestone and I am pleased that The Venetian | The Palazzo enhanced and contributed to your celebration.

Thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor and I anxiously anticipate many more opportunities to serve you during future special occasions.

Seattle
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our two-night stay at The Palazzo. We loved the large size of the suite and everything was very clean and nicely decorated. The bed was ultra comfortable and we loved that there was a separate sitting area and dining table in the sunken living room. On Saturday night I was tired and went to bed early and I was prepared for a loud night but it was surprisingly very quiet in our room. The walls must be thick because I couldn't even hear the people next door. Check-in was quick and efficient and the woman who checked us in was super friendly and accommodating. Parking is free which was a great perk.

We ordered room service one morning and the man who delivered it came in and set our table, complete with a white linen tablecloth. It was so nice to eat breakfast while taking in the view of the strip. We are Intercontinental Ambassador members so we received a lovely bowl of fruit with our breakfast, although I did have to call and remind them to bring it.

The hotel location can't be beat - you are right in the middle of all the action and across the street from the Fashion Mall. It is a short walk to the Bellagio and Caesar's Palace. Treasure Island is right across the street and we had a great view of the evening pirate show.

The one thing I didn't love about this hotel is that you have to walk through the casino to get to the elevators, but that is standard in Vegas. The casino does a pretty good job of ventilating so it doesn't smell too badly of smoke.

The gym is small but adequate. Our friend works at The Palazzo and told us next time to use the gym at The Venetian because it's much larger.

I had a disappointing massage treatment at the Canyon Ranch Spa. I was freezing cold the entire time and although I told my therapist, the temperature did not improve. She talked to me the entire time and she was a very negative, "Debbie Downer" type person so it was not a pleasant or relaxing experience. The room my treatment was in had a broken down bath in it and it was not well decorated or calming. There was also no music. My treatment included a body scrub so I had to shower it off and the shower was not clean, it had grime in the corners. I've heard other Canyon Ranch locations are incredible so I was really disappointed with this one, especially considering my treatment cost $290. I would not go there again.

The Canyon Ranch Grill however was lovely and we had a nice lunch there one day and breakfast the next. They have fresh squeezed juices and service was great. The food was delicious - I had the turkey burger for lunch and a chicken sausage omelette with fresh fruit for breakfast. The place is very small which wasn't a problem for us but there could be a wait on a busy day.

Overall we had a lovely experience at The Palazzo and we would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

1 Thank WestCoast787
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your review providing so many details and insights. I am particularly struck by the detail that you provided future visitors to The Venetian | The Palazzo. Still, please accept my sincere apologies for the difficulties you experienced while at Canyon Ranch SpaClub. While I cannot speak on their behalf, as The Venetian | The Palazzo does not directly own or operate this outlet, I know they will share my concern as they constantly seek opportunities to improve their service. I encourage you to reach out to Canyon Ranch directly to address your concerns.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and we all look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo in the near future.