“Favorite Hotel But....”

GreenLeadersGold level
Southlake, Texas
“Favorite Hotel But....”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is my favorite hotel on the strip for a number of reasons.
Easy Checkin
Beautiful decor
Clean air in Casino
Great rooms with very nice furniture
Easy access to get out of the hotel
Walgreens on the corner
Grand Lux
Great housekeeping service. Hotel cleanliness here is impeccable.

But.....
I am rethinking my stay here based on a terrible experience I had at Tao with my co-worker. I had a dinner the evening before at Bouchon. I will say they were simply fabulous! We had awesome service and everyone was very accommodating to my dinner that evening of customers. All 17 guests for my dinner had a very lovely time and were quite impressed with the Bouchon. The next morning I was catching a ride with my co-worker who came to pick up a cell phone from Tao that his customer had left. Well the Tao hostess and reservation manager were the rudest, most unwarranted arrogant people I have ever encountered. If left to be treated like that to get sushi or overpriced for what you get Asian food, I would definitely go elsewhere. I was not even involved and I was just trying to go to my conference with my coworker and not pay 60 dollars to get to Red Rock. Instead I wasted time and spent a horrible nearly 2 hours dealing with these Tao people over a flip phone. I was horrified that Tao would be so discourteous to customers that dined with them the evening before. We did not even get the courtesy of dealing with a manager for the restaurant. I reported this to Palazzo and plan to follow-up as I simply cannot stay at a place that has tenants that would treat their guests that way. So I may have to let my dear Palazzo go and move up to City Center. I am sure they have restaurants and stores in their property that certainly appreciate their customers. By the way Tao got hotel security to meet us at first and they did not try to help with the situation either. So this too I blame Palazzo as you are their guest and they should help you with any issue that arises while you are there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lori D
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies for the difficulties you experienced while at Tao. While I cannot speak on their behalf, as The Venetian | The Palazzo does not directly own or operate this outlet, I know they will share my concern as they constantly seek opportunities to improve their service. I encourage you to reach out to Tao directly to address your concerns.

I am pleased that this mishap did not dampen your spirit or take away from the other aspects of your stay that exceeded your expectations. I hope to have the privilege of serving you on many more visits to The Venetian | The Palazzo in the near future.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,625)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Usa, Japan
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have been to many Vegas hotels and this is one of my favorites. Our suite was very large and spacious with great layout and view. Restaurants were very good and casino had high ceiling which helped me breath through all the smoke. Attached to and part of Venetian, it brings all that Vegas can offer. Only complaint was that I requested an early check in, and not only was the room not ready at 12 or 1:00, it still wasn't ready at 4:00 and only when I complained, did they think to give me a different room in the same class that was ready. Not the best run operation in the check in dept.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rss41
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am pleased that you enjoyed the suite and that your overall impression was positive. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo in the near future.

Saginaw, Michigan, United States
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is a wonderful Hotel. Tons of places to eat, drink, and shop. Rooms are spacious and clean.

Have stayed at many Hotels in Las Vegas and this hotel is in my favorites list. It is in walking distance of a lot of area's to visit.

Room Tip: All Rooms are suites and nice.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I understand that there are many travel options when visiting this city and I sincerely appreciate and thank you for choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo to host you during your most recent visit. I look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo each time your travels take you back to this fabulous city.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Had an excellent 5 night stay at Palazzo recently. Check in and check out in VIP Lounge (I am Royal Ambassador) was painless, quick and efficient. Lounge is a nice place for light breakfast in morning and for a bottle of water, snack or drink later in the day.

The room (we were upgraded to Fortuna Suite) was very spacious with a fair view of the Strip. Location of hotel is good. Proximity to Wynn and Encore is nice.

Service throughout hotel and casino were top notch. We will return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for allowing us to host you during your recent visit and for taking the time to share your words of appreciation. I am humbled to have received such thoughtful comments, for there really is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. We all look forward to the privilege of serving you on a return trip to this fabulous city.

Tustin
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We had another wonderful time at the Palazzo! The staff is superb from morning coffee to drinks at the slot machine, the dealers at the tables and those who clean our room. We dined throughout the property and particularly enjoyed the hidden jewels Pinot and Morel's. Truly remarkable food, outstanding service and exceptional ambiance. This is our destination resort when we travel to Las Vegas several times each year. We enjoyed two shows, including Tim McGraw and Faith Hill, visited the spa for outstanding massages and truly enjoyed our time here.

Room Tip: Stay down the hall away from the elevators and traffic. It's worth the walk!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Providing unmatched guest service is a hallmark of our property and I am especially pleased to read that you felt this commitment during your stay. It was my pleasure to share your positive experience with our team. They truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

Palmdale, California
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Wonderful staff there at the Prestige Lounge and the Concierge. We go there every few months and it is such a wonderful place to meet other people. We have made a lot of friends and we try to meet up with them at certain times of the year. This is the best deal in Vegas. Yes you pay $100 more but you get breakfast.You can stop by for coffee, water and sodas all day long.In the evening you have from 5-8pm hors d oeuvres and drinks. They have wines, beer and the hard stuff. The staff hug us when we arrive as we have been going there for years. We also like to visit the Canyon Ranch Spa which is terrific and there are so many great restaurants at the Palazzo and the Venetian you never need to leave the complex.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MarleneR529
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo during your most recent trip to Las Vegas. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and will return.

I am particularly pleased that you enjoyed the service provided by Prestige at The Palazzo. Prestige provides the next level of luxury here at the resort and it sounds like you took full advantage of that.

I am pleased that you would choose to stay with us again at The Venetian | The Palazzo. I anticipate your return and am looking forward to the opportunity to exceed your expectations yet again during future stays at Prestige at The Palazzo.

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed here for the last night of our honeymoon for a quick stop at the celine dion concert. The hotel is very very very very good! Have in mind that its a vegas hotel, cheesy over the top tacky decoration that can seem too much!! But having that in mind, the hotel is amazing!! The rooms are HUGE!! we stayed in the normal king size room and it is HUGE!! With 3 tvs, a dining room, a living room, desk, oversized bathroom with bathtub and shower and a very comfortable bed. Also nice view of the strip and the location couldnt be better. The service was fast and theve got it all figured out to manage thousands of people in a very large hotel. Really recommend this one.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with views to the strip, the basic room is more than enough
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience on TripAdvisor. I am particularly pleased that you recognized the unsurpassed suite accommodations at The Venetian | The Palazzo. As the only all-suite hotel on the Las Vegas Strip we are very proud of our standard suites and I am pleased that you valued them as well. Again, thank you for your encouraging review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to exceeding your expectations during your next trip to Las Vegas.