“Girls Weekend”

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #7 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 2, 2013

The room was large and fabulous, the view was of strip and it was like the show at Treasure
Island was just for us ! The food at , Tao and Zefferino's can't be beat ! We saw Rock of Ages,
a must.( If you loved the 80's ) The location for shopping is a shoppers dream come true !!!!
For a girls get away, you can't beat The Palazzo

Room Tip: Higher floor and view of Las Vegas, blvd.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with the appropriate department heads, so they may in turn, share your wonderful compliments with their team members. I am confident that each department will delight in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay and we all look forward to your return.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

the palazzo, what can you say.... luxury at its best, the suites were the best, just stayed 8 nights, cant wait to go back, great positioning on the strip, will stay again, last year stayed at the mandaley bay , very nice, but these rooms just had the edge, you must see ROCK OF AGES while there, fab. a little tip avoid GILLEYS resturant which was opposite the hotel.. food was CRAP,

Room Tip: any room is good, the rear rooms show the mountains, you have to pay more for a strip view,
Thank Henry N Michell... A

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. It was my pleasure to share your positive experience with our team. They truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

The visitor that comes to the hotel the first time is just “blown away” by the huge entrance and luxurious design. No question about it, it is a huge hotel so if you are looking for that then you have come to the right place but huge is not a quality sign as such. The second thing you notice when you check in is the rather limited customer care attitude but yet still very professional (maybe I just have too high expectations, sorry). It is not that they are not trying to help and sure they try to smile but if you are a Globetrotter (frequent traveler) then you notices the grey and blank face and you can almost see the muscles in the face, especially the muscles which makes you smile, is not so much used. This is like a “check-in/check-out industry” and there is really nothing genuine with it at all. They are certainly trying to be nice and help you the best way they can and of course I can understand if you are checking in and checking out hundreds of people each day that it can be a bit boring. As a comparison the hotel is obviously much better than many other hotels for sure so we are not talking about the “bottom rated” hotels at all – we are talking about best of the best league and because of that you will have certain expectations. Enough about the reception and let us swiftly move to the room which is rather huge but you can see that it is starting to become a bit out of synch with the fashion trends and also a bit worn, this was rather disappointing I must say and I had the “pleasure” of trying two different rooms due to an interesting issue. First thing when I entered the room was the awkward smell, it was like the neighbor was making breakfast with bacon and egg, that is not so nice and of course that is not acceptable. I think the root cause is the ventilation system and somewhere it is taking in air from a kitchen somewhere but I mean, is there a kitchen on the 39th floor? However, quickly I came to the conclusion that it is not my problem to solve so I contacted the reception and they offered to put in an air purifier and so they did, it was like having a JET engine in the room but having flown for 15 hours you really don’t care. The second thing was that there were clothes in the room which was belonging to another guest (dry cleaned) hanging in the closet so I told the reception to pick it up (please remember the style “check-in and check-out” industry). The third issue was that the room was not as clean as I wanted it to be, mostly some dust and nothing big but I usually say that I would only accept the same standard as at home, why should I pay and live in a dirty room – NEVER. All this combined plus that the "JET" air purifier did not make a big difference I decided to contact the reception where I explained my problem. I told them that I wanted a new room without “bacon and egg smell” (a small joke: I am surprised that they didn’t add an extra charge for the service “egg and bacon smell”). The lady tried to assist me but had to call the manager, this guy clearly thought that my goal was to just get an upgrade or something, I could just tell on his attitude. The usual: I am sorry Sir but we are sold out – or, you can upgrade but then you have to pay extra. So we went to the new room to take a look and that was ok so I decided to move to the new room on the 41st floor which was the exact same standard but with a view towards the strip. The manager and I went to the old room and when he entered the room he said “it actually smells like bacon and egg” and I said “I told you so”. It felt great that he accompanied me to the room to check it out and he was clearly both convinced and surprised. Then we went down to the reception to get my new keys and everything was ok, I then went up again to my new room but… the new keys did not work so I had to go down to the reception again. I mean, you don’t really expect this circus and exercise when you check in to a hotel. I took me clearly 2 hours to take care about this if not more – the hotel did compensate me for this trouble (voucher to be spent at the hotel) but I mean what do you get for 50USD in a hotel like this? It is better than nothing for sure so it is not that I am ungrateful – It is just that the amount is nothing to them and they won’t improve anything for this. The next guest will get the same room and the same smell but maybe he or she will just accept it and this is of course not right.

Would I then go back, probably not if I could avoid it - I would most likely try something new just to see the difference but maybe it is the same thing or worse but still I feel that I need to find that out.

To be totally fair and honest (as always) - the casino is great and the shopping is great but to get a really great stay my recommendation would be to go for a bigger suite. Sure, it is more expensive but that would probably meet the expectations better and be in synch with what is offered in the casino and in the shopping area. You will find the best stores in this hotel so you can easily spend all your money here.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Lamboswede

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I understand that there are many travel options when visiting this city and I sincerely appreciate and thank you for choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo to host you during your most recent visit. I am very disappointed to hear that your visit was not a complete success. Please accept my apologies for the dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay.

First, I apologize about the lack of personalized service that you experienced. Providing unmatched individualized service is a hallmark of our standards here at the resort and I am disheartened that you did not experience this during your stay.

It concerns me deeply to learn that your suite condition did not reflect a level of exceptionality. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate department, which always welcomes suggestions for improvement.

I would also like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and our team for the multiple challenges you experienced with getting your suite changed and for the lack of service when it was brought to the attention of a manager. This is a matter that should have been easily addressed and rectified. I can’t express enough how disheartening it is to read about the challenges you encountered with your room accommodations.

Again, I extend my apologies and invite you to contact our Guest Relations department directly as I would like an opportunity to gather more details of the challenges you experienced and do what it takes to earn your future loyalty. It is my sincere hope that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations on a future visit.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Palazzo is an extremely nice place to stay. I love the amenities of staying in an all suite hotel. Upon arrival you are greeted by name The rooms are spacious with plenty of features. I love having wifi for all of my devices are part of the room rate.

I took my Dad there to celebrate his 87th birthday. They guaranteed me adjoining suites. I wasn't disappointed. My Dad loved the smaller feel to the casino and that he could gamble at the Venetian with a 5 minute walk through the connecting halls.

Where the Palazzo really shined was helping me when my Dad got extremely sick. They helped with finding a doctor and with getting information to call a prescription into the Walgreens that is located in the first level of the hotel.

We have been going to Vegas and staying in a different hotel for my Dads birthday for the last 7 years. We will go back later this year and stay at the Palazzo so my Dad can have the birthday celebration he missed due to getting sick.

Thank you Palazzo for making a disappointing trip better. My Dad was disappointed he only got to enjoy the hotel and casino the first day before he got sick and stayed bed for 4 days. until we left

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for allowing us to host you during your recent visit and for taking the time to share your experience. I am humbled to have received such thoughtful comments, for there really is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Your feedback is a testament and reflection of the continued success of The Venetian |The Palazzo’s diligent strides towards personalized and second-to-none service and for our clear and paramount five-diamond vision.

Once again I genuinely thank you for your time and for your kind words, the words that have reminded us of our agreement, ability and empowerment to continue our pursuit of providing our guests with nothing less than the best.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed here with a couple buddies for two nights and let me just say what a great place. Everyone was friendly and helpful. My favorite part of the place was the sports bar, Lagasse's Staduim was amazing. Great prices, food and tv's everywhere! Comfortable beds, lots of room. I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a fancy hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Suites are nice and big! I like the way that there is a vanity in the bathrrom, double sinks, television. I like that there are 2 televisions in the suite. I don't like the plush furniture, prefer leather but we liked the big rooms. I've only stayed at Caesars, Bellagio, and Wynn in Vegas. We had a great view room. I like the gym. Be aware that the pool closes at 5 in February and they were renovating the Palazzo so I had to use the Venetian. I ran into 3 of the band players in the morning before the Soul 2 Soul concert. They didn't tell me that they were in the band but I had to bug them. Nice guys. The girls don't bring the drinks around as much as the other hotels when in the Casino but it was okay. I like the Palazzo and will return. I like the way that a security man checks your room card before you go to the elevators. A must is to go to Lavo! We went to the Soul 2 Soul concert and it was awesome. Tim McGraw shook my hand and husband's. What a good show and a must to see. We had orchestra seats and worth the price. Tim and Faith sure put on a good show! I am so lucky to have seen this concert and what good performers. I loved every minute of the show.

Room Tip: I liked the view on the 12th!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Kirsten D, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for allowing us to host you during your recent visit and for taking the time to share your words of appreciation. We are humbled to have received such thoughtful comments, for there really is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest.

We truly appreciate that you have so graciously allowed us the opportunity to learn about your recent experience and we also appreciate the suggestions you have provided. Please be assured that we do take all feedbacks and suggestions seriously, and we will look into them accordingly. We truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We loved our girl's long weekend over presidents day. We chose this hotel based on it's excellent location and it also has suites. We had 4 girls coming from all over the world for a yearly reunion. We were jet lagged, hungry, and thirst and the hotel and it's clubs, excellent restaurants,casino and world clas shopping really catered to us. The hotel is also connected to the Venetian, which as a wonderful french bistro called Bouchon. We are also over 40, so we had excellent staff recommendations of where to go that was age apprpriate on and off the resort. Getting a cab was easy and the doormen were amazing! Thanks for a wonderful mini vacation. We will be back!

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for allowing us to host you during your recent visit and for taking the time to share your experience. We are humbled to have received such thoughtful comments, for there really is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Your feedback is a testament and reflection of the continued success of The Venetian|The Palazzo’s diligent strides towards personalized and second-to-none service and for our clear and paramount five-diamond vision.

Once again we genuinely thank you for your time and for your kind words, the words that have reminded us of our agreement, ability and empowerment to continue our pursuit of providing our guests with nothing less than the best.