“Very nice Strip hotel and resort”

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #7 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Ottawa, ON
“Very nice Strip hotel and resort”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Was here for a convention at Sands Expo and stayed here for the conference. Have stayed at Venetian several times and Palazzo is slightly newer and nicer.

Large spacious suite with large living area and large king bed and a luxury bathroom with both shower and jazzcuzi tub.

Could take a while to get in and out and the hotel with the huge casino and mini bar prices are a tad high lol.

There are some good restaurant and shopping in the complex and a very nice place to stay. I may slightly prefer the Bellagio since I love the fountains and the location is more central on the strip.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of the strip if you can.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I understand that there are many travel options when visiting this city and I sincerely appreciate and thank you for choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo to host you during your most recent visit. I look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo each time your travels take you back to this fabulous city.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,594)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have been to Vegas many times, and decided to try the Palazzo because they offer suites and are in a great location on the Strip. I was told that it is a five star resort hotel, so I said it can't be bad. I was dead wrong. Prior to leaving for Vegas my friend wanted to order and pay for fruit, truffles and other amenities to be delivered to the hotel room 30 minutes after we checked in, so we would have something to eat after our long 5.5 hour flight. It was close to impossible to get someone on the phone. We would call and hold on for 15 minutes and then the call would disconnect. After trying for 4 days we finally made our order. It came to $100. When we arrived at the hotel upon check in we reminded the front desk that we had food that was ordered and paid for already that is supposed to be delivered 30 mins after check in. They assured us that it would be in our room by 10:30PM. At 11:15 when nothing was delivered, we called the concierge, and they put us on hold and then came back and said that they are sorry that it is so late and that it should be on its way shortly. At midnight we still didn't receive our delivery. We then decided to order room service because it took so long. Room service was $100 more. Our fruit and truffles arrived around 1AM and we still didn't receive our first order. After we ate we were exhausted. I pulled back the duvet and there were dirty sheets. I had to call to have new sheets delivered so that I could make up the bed with clean sheets! The next day we went out and about and returned to the room in the evening to shower and get ready to go out. The shower had globs of hair in it because housekeeping did not do a thorough job at cleaning the bathroom. They also didn't replace our towels so we had to call and wait to get towels. We called to complain to the manager and were told that she will have to call us back. She did get back to us about 1AM. The hotel seems extremely unorganized and is not well kept up. It is not a five star hotel, because it is not able to allow a five star experience. The manager offered us a 2 night voucher for all of our trouble, but I am scared to have the same terrible experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank LJG77
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian | The Palazzo as your host during your recent visit to Las Vegas. I am disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success, and apologize for the challenges you experienced. I take these matters very seriously and I am disheartened to read that a resolution was not reached.

I am disappointed to read that you did not want to return to The Venetian | The Palazzo. Earning each and every guests future loyalty by providing them with unmatched accommodations and service is of paramount importance to The Venetian | The Palazzo; therefore, if there is anything we can do to earn your loyalty please do not hesitate to reach out to our guest relations office directly.

Scottsdale, AZ
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We go to Las Vegas several times a year. This was our first time at the Palazzo Hotel Casino. It was a very pleasant time. Staff calls you by name, rooms are large well appointed. FIWI is included in the resort charge. The location is central to the best restaurants and shopping. We were there with a group of friends celebrating a birthday. The hotel made us feel welcome.

Our room was very sound proof, had good views, comfortable beds, good setting area, two HDTVs, and four place bathroom. We also enjoyed the Venice canal inside the hotel. One of our friends won a small amount on the tables.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for allowing us to host you during your recent visit and for taking the time to share your words of appreciation. I am humbled to have received such thoughtful comments, for there really is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. We all look forward to the privilege of serving you on a return trip to this fabulous city.

New York, NY
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I just returned from a short business trip, staying 2 nights at the Palazzo. My suite was definitely a wow. I can't think of anything not provided (except a coffeemaker - which I was not expecting in a Vegas hotel anyway). The room is huge as many other reviewers have described. The bed was super comfortable, as was the living room couch. My room was right next to the ice machine and I was concerned about noise but it was not an issue at all.
But the biggest wow for me was the dressing table in the bathroom - complete with lighted makeup mirror that I was able to use sitting down, as well as outlets for the hairdryer. This is so unusual in any hotel I have stayed in (and I travel on business to very nice hotels) and was just such a nice amenity after years on putting on makeup at the room desk with bad light. I also liked having shower gel provided (missing in most hotels) and the scent was lovely.
I've seen some reviews that mention that there is no chest of drawers - my room had an ample one.
The property is enormous and was quite pretty with all the Chinese New Year decor. Grand Lux cafes are very good value for money. Otherwise I found the restaurants to be uniformly high priced, including the Coffee Bean in the lobby. Very early morning room service was a bit slow. Apparently early service to Palazzo comes from the Venetian kitchen and therefore takes more delivery time.
I found walking by the gondolas and the canal to be kind of amusing and watched a wedding (it was Valentine's Day).
The casino was pretty empty and it seems like almost all the slot machines these days are those strange electronic penny machines that can end up running to a high bet per spin.
I have stayed in several hotels in Vegas over many years and certainly the suite was a real standout.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! It is a pleasure to read about how much you enjoyed our opulent accommodations. Our standard is a suite and we not only provide the largest standard accommodations on the Las Vegas strip, but as you pointed out The Venetian | The Palazzo has some of the best amenities.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to hosting you here at The Venetian | The Palazzo many times in the future.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife and I recently celebrated our anniversary in Las Vegas. I booked a room at the Palazzo, VIP Suite onn the 25th floor. It was expensive but we both agreed that it was the best room we have stayed in and it was definitely worth it. By staying in a VIP suite we had acces to the VIP lounge where every night there was an open bar and hot appetizers. The room and all its ammenities were first class. We also saw Tim Mcgraw and Faith Hill which was great except for the seating. We were too far back and I think I was sitting behind the tallest woman in Vegas. We also saw "Jersey Boys" at the Paris. This show was exceptional and I highly recommend it to anyone who remembers The Four Seaons.

We will definitely stay at the Palazzo again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the privilege of hosting you during your anniversary celebration! Congratulations on this special milestone and I am pleased that The Venetian | The Palazzo enhanced and contributed to your celebration.

Thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor and I anxiously anticipate many more opportunities to serve you during future special occasions.

ann arbor, michigan
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Planned a trip to Vegas for a comedy show and had booked the same hotel as the show. After reading more reviews and having a nagging feeling that the hotel would be more rundown than the website showed, I jumped shipped to the Palazzo the week before. Best decision. From the moment we entered and they took our bags, we were treated like royalty. We checked in with Lindsay who couldn't have been more pleasant and courteous. My reservation had a little bump due to Super Bowl weekend but Lindsay was able to smooth it out in my favor. And the glass of champagne on arrival was a nice touch. The room was extremely clean and very large. My friend and i each brought a teenager with us and we all had plenty of room to spread out. Lindsay had also booked us with a great view upon hearing it was our first trip to Las Vegas.

We made great use of the Club Room. The breakfast's were always good and the staff was again very courteous and efficient. A special shout out to Michael, his enthusiasm was infectious and genuinely wanted us to have a good time and take advantage of everything the Palazzo and Vegas had to offer. We enjoyed cocktails in the evening (more of that tasty champagne, lol) and again, staff was excellent. The housekeeping was also great and very friendly when you would pass in the hall.

We had a great time in Las Vegas and a lot of that was due to the service we received at the Palazzo, I actually have not one complaint and I can be picky. I am one who enjoys researching hotels and likes to find the "best" for my stays and the next time I come to Las Vegas, I will definitely without question be back at the Palazzo, cannot wait to make use of the pool. Oh, and 'Rock of Ages' in the Venetian was fabulous, it was a last minute add on but thoroughly enjoyable.

Room Tip: We personally loved the view of the Strip and the Treasure Island show, but if you don't like br...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo during your most recent trip to Las Vegas. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and will return.

Thank you for your very extensive review and providing so many details and insights. I am particularly struck by the time and extensive detail that you provided future visitors to The Venetian | The Palazzo. I appreciate your thoughtful review and concern to advise fellow travelers of the tips, locations and moments that made your stay so memorable and special.

I am particularly pleased that you enjoyed the service provided by Prestige at The Palazzo. Prestige provides the next level of luxury here at the resort and it sounds like you took full advantage of that.

I am pleased that you would choose to stay with us again at The Venetian | The Palazzo. I anticipate your return and am looking forward to the opportunity to exceed your expectations yet again during future stays at Prestige at The Palazzo.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed February 18, 2013

It was my first trip to Las Vegas and i stayed at this hotel and i find it very good in terms of service and spacious suites. The casino downstairs helps a lot as you need not have to walk long to gamble and play the slot machines. Overall a nice experience and i will recommend this hotel to friends & family.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms either facing the strip street or The Treasure Island hotel as you can see the whol...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience on TripAdvisor. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest.

I am particularly pleased that you recognized the unsurpassed suite accommodations at The Venetian | The Palazzo. As the only all-suite hotel on the Las Vegas strip we are very proud of our standard suites and I am pleased that you valued them as well.

Again, thank you for your encouraging review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to exceeding your expectations during your next trip to Las Vegas.