“Lovely hotel”

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #7 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Coming to Vegas is always an experience. I personally don't like the mega feel of some of the hotels. The Palazzo however feels like a really big boutique hotel. It's furnishings and decor are tasteful and the rooms are large and well appointed. The people that work there are all very nice. But beware the spa prices...$90 for a pedicure! Ouch.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

There are newer reviews for The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino

Reviewed November 8, 2012

My husband and I took a much needed long weekend away to Las Vegas in early October and decided to stay at the Palazzo. We were not disappointed. The suites are absolutely beautiful - decadent, even! The bed was incredibly comfortable and the sunken living room fabulous. The marble bathroom is huge with wonderful amenities. We upgraded to a strip-view room and saw the TI "Sirens" fireworks each night.

We were blessed with gorgeous weather and enjoyed an 85 degree day by the pool. Even though it was crowded, the attendants were more than helpful in garnering us two beach chairs.

The restaurants in the Palazzo/Venetian are second to none. We ate outdoors at the Wolfgang Puck cafe, had breakfast one morning at Bouchon, dinner at del Monico's stakehouse, and breakfast another day at Del Toro. Never a bad meal. In fact, the meal at Bouchon may have been my best breakfast ever! (Breakfast Americana with a "cheese danish" - tremendous!) and eating at Del Monico, we felt like royalty.

We did go to Lavo (nightclub) one evening and were sorely disappointed. Although we really enjoyed the people watching (very mixed crowd - in our late 30s we were neither the oldest nor the youngest there), the music was awful. Upon leaving Lavo, however, we discovered probably the best kept secret at the Venetian - the Bourbon Room! Awesome 80s club! We had a wonderful time and stayed out dancing until 3 a.m.! My husband and I still miss it!

Palazzo is in a great location as well. There's a Walgreen's connected to the Venetian within walking distance and a mall across the street. Now, upon arrival, we never expected to be going to mall when in Vegas, but it did come in handy when I neede to buy another pair of shoes. And it's in a good section of the strip - you don't have as many street-hawkers as you do toward the other end.

I would definitely stay at the Palazzo again. My only real complaint? On our first day there, it took three phone calls and waiting until 8:30 p.m. to get our room serviced. I actually hung out in the hallway waiting for them to be finished. Annoying but certainly not deal-breaking, I would definitely highly recommend the Palazzo! Wish I could go back today!!!

Room Tip: Worth the upgrade for strip-view. We enjoyed the 22nd floor - just high up enough to have a tremend...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am glad that you enjoyed the upgrade to the guaranteed view of the strip from our opulent luxury suite. Our standard is a suite and we not only provide the largest standard accommodations on the Las Vegas strip, but as you pointed out The Venetian | The Palazzo has some of the best views.

Thank you for the detailed dining recommendations that you provided for your fellow travelers. With over thirty restaurants and nine James Beard award winning chefs, The Venetian | The Palazzo truly combine to create the unrivaled culinary capital of the world. The restaurants you mentioned bring back culinary memories of my own and I am pleased that you have such fond feelings for them as well.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the difficulties you experienced while at Lavo. While I cannot speak on their behalf, as The Venetian | The Palazzo does not directly own or operate this outlet, I know they will share my concern as they constantly seek opportunities to improve their service. I encourage you to reach out to Lavo directly to address your concerns.

I am particularly pleased that you enjoyed the Bourbon Room. The Bourbon Room is one of the newest editions to our lounges at The Venetian | The Palazzo. It celebrates the smash Broadway Hit Rock of Ages which will open in December here at the resort. I highly recommend that since you enjoyed The Bourbon room that your return after Rock of Ages opens to enjoy the show as well.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your trip and I look forward to the honor of serving you on each and every future trip to Las Vegas, even today if you would like!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

fantastic hotel all the rooms are mini suites with a seating area with office space, dining table, mini bar, safe and tv. The bed is really comfortable, plenty of pillows!! We didn't go for a strip view room, instead had a view of buildings and the hills behind the hotel which we didn't mind at all. The bathroom is beautiful, marble floors, double sink with a tv above, vanity unit, deep bath with seperate shower. It was a very luxurious room. The hotel itself is huge with many bars, restaurants and shops and obviously a casino. This was our first visit to vegas so cant really compare it to the other hotels but i would definately recommend this one to anyone planning a trip!

Room Tip: All suite hotel!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! It is a pleasure to read about how much you enjoyed our opulent accommodations. Our standard is a suite and we not only provide the largest standard accommodations on the Las Vegas strip, but as you pointed out The Venetian | The Palazzo has some of the best amenities.

Thank you again for your review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to hosting you here at The Venetian | The Palazzo many times in the future.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We aren't big gamblers, but enjoy the energy of Las Vegas with the great restaurants and shopping galore at all the best retailers in the world. We have stayed at many Las Vegas hotels over the years, but even the newest hotels can't compare to the Venetian and Palazzo Resort on the Strip. The rooms here are very large, even by Vegas standards, and offer great amenitities that are well worth the money you might save staying at a lesser hotel. Our last visit, we stayed just two nights before and two nights after for a trip we had planned to Zion National Park which is just a short two hour drive from Vegas. Since we rented a car this time around, it was nice to have free parking avaliable at the Palazzo with elevators nearby to take you right up to the main lobby floor. We originally stayed at the Venetian prior to the Palazzo being built, but really enjoy the location of the Palazzo and the proximity to all the POI. The pool is just the right size, and located well above the main strip, so you can relax and enjoy the great Vegas sunshine. Even Rod Stewart must love the Palazzo pool, since we thought the guy who looked so much "like" Mr. Stewart was nice enough to have his picture taken with two of his "biggest" fans who were in Vegas to see him performing down the Strip at Caesar's Palace. The standard suites here are just the perfect size for two, so unless you are upgraded to a larger suite complimentary, save your money for meals or even a bit of play in the beautiful casino. The security at this hotel is excellent and guests must show their room keys to access the elevator banks. This hotel has several hundred rooms, so make sure you commit your room number to memory as soon as you arrive, as all the hallways look identical. On one visit, I had to call the front desk shortly after I was returning to the room after an ice run because I had somehow mixed up my 6 digit room number. If you have not been to Vegas before, this resort will not disappoint you in any way. It really is the BEST on the entire Vegas Strip!

Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with our team members. They will truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you.

Thank you for your very extensive review and providing so many details and insights. I am particularly struck by the time and extensive detail that you provided future visitors to The Venetian | The Palazzo. I appreciate your thoughtful review and concern to advise fellow travelers of the tips, locations and moments that made your stay so memorable and special.

I value your patronage and certainly hope to host you time and time again at The Venetian | The Palazzo.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

This hotel is amazing and excellent value for money. We stayed for 4 nights in November and had very few things to complain about. The rooms are all suite – and the largest standard rooms on the strip (over 700 sq ft). We gave the check in desk a tip and were upgraded to a room on the 44th floor, with a strip view overlooking Treasure Island and the Pirate Show. The living area of the hotel room is very large and comfortable, as are the beds (although I found them to be a little short and I am only 5’6). Make sure you do not open or nudge the fridge as you will get charged for anything that moves inside (they are on movement sensors). We were charged for $100 worth of items that we didn’t use, although they were refunded quickly on request. There was only one pool open, which only got the sun for a few hours in the afternoon (winter) and was very crowded on the weekend, but the chairs are very comfortable and the water was clean. Poolside drinks were VERY expensive ($16 for a slushy cocktail in a plastic cup), and the service was slow. The only things I could really find at fault were 1) the cleaner left a dirty rag on our bathroom sink one day 2) there was bolt missing from one of the bathroom mirrors 3) I asked the concierge if they could arrange for something special to be sent to the room on my Husband’s 30th Birthday, which they agreed to, but nothing ever showed up. 4) We got a note saying the hotel would change the time on the radio alarm clock when the clocks went back, but they didn’t (and I couldn’t figure out how to do it). 5) The safety light by the step down into the living room cannot be turned off, so annoyingly lights up the room at night.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the privilege of hosting you during your husband’s 30th birthday celebration! Congratulations on this special milestone and I am pleased that The Venetian | The Palazzo enhanced and contributed to your celebration.

While I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay I am disappointed to read that you ordered something for husband’s 30th birthday that was not delivered. I also apologize that we did not adjust your clock radio for the time change.

Thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor and I anxiously anticipate many more opportunities to serve you during future special occasions.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

My boyfriend and I spent a Saturday afternoon to Monday evening in Las Vegas in October. He has both platinum Holiday Inn status and InterContinental Ambassador status, so the value of staying at the Palazzo with these benefits is very good. We were given a room on a low floor (7) overlooking the pool area. With the exception of Saturday afternoon/evening (music at pool), noise from the street was minimal.

Service was exceptional throughout the hotel, casino, and shopping areas. One place I felt service lacked was at the pool, however. It was impossible to get drink service if you weren't sitting around the main pool, and even then I only saw one server working. Also, buying drinks on the room was a bit annoying as you need to bring an ID to the pool. There was also empty cups/trash laying around the hot tub areas. I did see someone collecting towels once, but never anyone picking up the trash.

The hotel is in a great location on the strip. We were able to walk across the street to see a show at Caesar's Palace or head to Casino Royale for some lower minimum tables. The taxi stand line at the Palazzo was always much shorter than the line at the Venetian. All in all I would love to return to the Palazzo, but wouldn't plan on spending much time at the pool.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review on Trip Advisor. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the pools and spa. It also pleases me that you found both the staff to be courteous and helpful. Still, I would like to apologize on behalf of The Venetian |The Palazzo and our team for your experience during your stay. It concerns me deeply to learn that the condition of pool deck did not reflect a level of exceptionality.

I am pleased to read that you are an Intercontinental Hotels Priority Club Platinum Ambassador. As the first ever Intercontinental Alliance resort we are proud to have received such a glowing review as Priority Club members are among our most important guests. I thank you again for your review and look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo in the near future.

Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I received a free room upgrade to an extremely nice, clean, fancy suite. It was a marvelous stay!
Casino and shops were clean and very nice. But, I never made it to the pool. There is just too much to do in Vegas!

• Stayed: November 2012
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. I am glad that you enjoyed the suite upgrade. I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and advice.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and it will be my pleasure and privilege to welcome you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo each and every time your travels take you to Las Vegas.