“could not have asked for better”

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #8 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed here the beginning of October, we are Platinum Priority members and used our points,, from the moment we checked in everything was top notch, we where up graded to Strip view room, without even asking,, what a GRAND surprise, the room was amazing, we where on the 37th floor facing the Treasure Island. Just loved everything about this place and we will for sure be back next year staying at the Palazzo !!!! Thanks Palazzo for making our 20th anniv trip so amazing !!! All the employees from check in, to dealers to bartenders are superb !!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nossaru
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the privilege of hosting you during your anniversary celebration! Congratulations on this special milestone and I am pleased that The Venetian | The Palazzo enhanced and contributed to your celebration.

I am pleased to hear that you are an Intercontinental Hotels Priority Club Platinum Ambassador Member. As the first ever Intercontinental Alliance resort we are proud to have received such a glowing review as Priority Club members are among our most important guests. I thank you again for your review and look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo in the near future.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Have enjoyed Vegas on quite a few occasions, have stayed Caesars', Ballys', MGM, Hilton, Mirage, and decided to once again try something new, so after considering Palazzo/Venetian, and Wynn/Encore, settled on Palazzo.
Arrived Sunday around 1PM and thought we would see if we could check in or at least drop our bags. Room was available and so we were checked in and unpacked by 3 which was great. Check in was smooth quick and efficient with well staffed desk and a guy directing waiting line to next open agent. Nice feature that I have not seen before. While check in was smooth with all reservation info correct, there were not a lot of freebie upgrade options. when I made my reservation the girl asked if we were celebrating anything and I advised our anniversary was the Monday of our stay. Nothing was offered at check in, which was fine, but don't ask the guest if you are not going to do anything about it. Standard upgrades seemed to be $50/night for a strip view room, and $100 a night for the "club" level which includes some extra perks. I believe continental b/fast, afternoon drinks etc. I took neither. My rate was $149 per night, plus $20 per day "resort fee". Many hotels in LV now doing this, and no I don't like it, however, full disclosure, I new all about the rate at the Palazzo, so no complaint. Let's not play games however, my rate was $169 per night. When making my decision I simply calculate this in, so if a competing hotel is $159 a night with no RF, it is $10 cheaper, not $10 more.
The room was as advertised. A large suite, (700 sq. ft i believe) Large TV's in the living area and bedroom area. Large sectional couch, desk, and the bed was very good. The room had several nice luxury touches like lighting and remote control drapes. Bathroom was large with both tub and separate shower, make up table, double sinks, and TV there as well. Toilet is in a separate enclosure. Overall, the room was one of the nicest I have had in LV. would compare with rooms I have had at Caesars, better than anywhere else. If part of your Vegas experience includes nice lux surroundings as does mine, you will enjoy the rooms here. Noise was pretty much contained, room was as quiet as could be expected I think. Maid service was excellent and always completed by about mid day. We are always out at the pool first thing and they always got the room done in the morning. did not have room service.
Dining options are many, and very expensive. One excellent option however was the Luxe Cafe. Part of the Cheesecake Factory chain I believe. Anyway, extensive menu from breakfast items to burgers, to steak. reasonably priced, excellent service, very good food. Ate there several times.
Gaming was fine, lots of slots and tables, same as anywhere basically. Drink service on the casino floor was good in my mind.
We usually spend our mornings by the pool in Vegas and Palazzo pool was excellent. Again, basically on par with Caesars. Plenty of spots/chairs. Loungers are good quality, towels good and abundant. Drink service excellent. Prices pretty standard, somewhere around $12-$13 for a pool drink, about $8 I think, non-alcoholic.
Valet parking was included in our stay and I used it every day. Very efficient drop off and I never waited more than ten minutes for pick up. Tipped a dollar or two on pick up.
Overall, great stay. Pluses are the pool, valet parking, room size and amenities. Since they asked about our special event, they should have done something though, that still bugs me. If they never asked, wouldn't have cared! This and the overall feel of the place left me with a feeling of manufactured luxury, like they have a big place and are essentially pumping people through. I have always got a small upgrade or special something at Caesars. Always feel at little more upscale there as well. having said that, Palazzo is a great stay and I would recommend but wouldn't recommend spending extra over a similar property.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pauljames403

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear that you were impressed with our opulent suites, smooth check in process and outstanding housekeeping service. Our standard is a suite and we not only provide the largest standard accommodations on the Las Vegas strip, but as you pointed out The Venetian | The Palazzo has some of the best amenities.

Congratulations on your anniversary. Thank you for the privilege of hosting you during your anniversary celebration! While I apologize that it was not properly recognized during your visit, congratulations on this special milestone.

I also wanted to take a moment and clarify our resort fee. Many guests enjoy the abundant benefits that the resort fee offers. Included in the fee is complimentary internet access, access to our fitness center, a complimentary cup of coffee from Cafe Presse and daily newspaper among many other benefits. I apologize specifically that all the benefits of the resort fee were not more clearly explained to you as our resort fee includes many added values that are not automatically included in your suite rate.

Thank you for your extensive feedback on TripAdvisor. I am glad that your review was positive overall and that you will return to The Venetian | The Palazzo. I look forward to hosting you at our resort in the near future.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Vegas, in my opinion, is the unrivaled All-Star team when it comes to hotels. No finer collection in the world!

So the Palazzo is 2nd or 3rd best player on this fine team. It's not that they're bad. No, they're still great. But in a city where 'relative' goodness counts just as much as goodness itself, they do lack a couple of things.

Positives: Great room. Comfortable. Clean. Luxurious. We had 5 adult men in there and it was sufficient.

Negatives: Smell (fake vanilla scent). Small Casino. Bit of an older crowd more interested in shopping and fine dining than anything else (it seemed).

Like I said - I would absolutely stay here again. But compared to the Wynn, Encore, and the Sky Villas at the Aria, this place is not AS good.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank rjung10

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am pleased that you found our suite to be large and opulent. Our standard is a suite and we not only provide the largest standard accommodations on the Las Vegas strip but also some of the most luxurious.

I thank you for your feedback regarding your experience. I apologize that you did not feel The gaming space was not large enough. At over 225,000 square feet The Venetian | The Palazzo casinos combine to create the largest gaming floor attached to a five diamond resort on the Las Vegas strip.

I also apologize that our deodorizing system was not to your satisfaction. It is quite possible that, due to ventilation and air currents, the air freshener was particularly concentrated around the areas you entered. I think you will find that the scent dissipates and becomes more pleasing as you move about the property.

Thank you for your review and it is my sincere hope that you will choose to return to The Venetian | The Palazzo each time that your travels bring you to Las Vegas.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Very confortable suites we stayed two nights top class, great security in place you will need to show your room key to access the elevator Pallazzo not as massive as the Venetian Prestige Suites I thought well worth it. Only one minor thing the safe in the closet the way it was installed it is not practically at all for someone to use it excellent Hotel superb service I highly recommend this property to anyone.

Room Tip: book the prestige Luxury suite it is well worth it and resort fees is included
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank benfica_12
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo during your most recent trip to Las Vegas. I am pleased that you enjoyed your accommodations and found the service to be superb.

I am particularly pleased that you benefited from the service provided by Prestige at the Palazzo. Prestige provides the next level of luxury here at the resort and it sounds like you took full advantage of that. I apologize, however, that the location of the safe was inconvenient for you and appreciate your feedback so we may review your concern.

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable comments and positive review on TripAdvisor. I look forward to hosting you at Prestige for each and every time your travels bring you back to Las Vegas.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Stayed 5 nights at the Palazzo from Saturday 15th September.
We had booked 2 suites, so I emailed the hotel asking for the rooms to be close together, it took them almost 10 minutes to respond !!! So our first impression was obviously a positive one.
Short line at check in on arrival, dealt with quickly and efficiently. We had a suite on the 26th floor with a strip view. First impressions of the room WOW ! Superb, certainly the best we’ve had in Vegas. The bathroom was huge, with a large separate shower that had enough water pressure to knock you over. Housekeeping was always finished by the time we came back from the pool - no issues about anything concerning the Suite.
The Casino was well laid out, easy to find your way round with a good selection of slots. No problems with the drinks service, at times we even turned some down (not many) !!
The pool area was clean with plenty of beds, although not many in the sun early morning, however, as it didn’t open until 9.00am during our stay, we never had a problem getting beds in the preferred location. They have a towel removal policy but never seemed to put it into practice until almost noon. Why can’t people who are leaving beds just bundle up the towels so its obvious to everyone that they’ve gone?
Used the Lux café for breakfast every morning, had the buffet which is not that big but had all the items that we required, good value for the price. A short walk through to the Venetian you’ll find the food court with a good selection of fast food with comfortable seating (not your normal plastic chairs here). Had a meal at Zine that was excellent and good value.
Security in the hotel was good, no room key, no admittance to the lift area. This was at all times unlike other hotels were it is only late evening.
We booked this hotel through Virgin Holidays, normally we book direct with the hotel but the offer we got worked out much cheaper mainly because the price included the resort fee and all taxes. No hidden extras !!
Would we stay at the Palazzo again - Without hesitation.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank smoggyboy3

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! I am pleased that we exceeded your expectation. It was my pleasure to share your positive experience with our team. They truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed here in mid-September using my Intercontinental Hotel Group points. After a 28 minute snag at check-in, everything went smoothly; the management of this hotel is enlightened because they push decision-making down the the front desk clerk level. The young lady who assisted me provided $100 food and beverage credit and at check-out, no resort fee was charge to me; my balance was $12 for three nights because I happened to like the beer at Public House! The point is, I felt valued from check-in to check-out with every staff I encountered cheerful and accommodating, making me feel welcome, even though I was just an average guy there on business. The rooms are terrific; my upper floor suite (44 Floor as I recall) had a strip view and was outfitted with the latest and greatest gadgets, deluxe linens and towels, tasteful decor. The amenities on-site were superb, to include the pool and spa, plus LaGasse's Stadium downstairs. Lots of terrific restaurants from which to choose. Liked it so much plan to return in December! As a Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Delta, Southwest, and US Air elite flier, National Exec, Avis 1st, Hertz Gold, am a picky, picky business traveler; spoiled would be a better word and I felt a little spoiled at Palazzo!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BlueHorseshoe54

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review on Trip Advisor. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with our team members. They truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you.

I am pleased to hear that you are an Intercontinental Hotels Priority Club Platinum Member. As the first ever Intercontinental Alliance resort we are proud to have received such a glowing review as Priority Club members are among our most important guests. I thank you again for your review and look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo in the near future.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed here for one night in late Sept. Have been to Vegas a lot and must say for the $ I spent (about $150, which included the $20 resort fee) I am hard pressed to imagine you can find better accommodations. Location is great. The standard rooms are huge (720 sq ft I believe), quiet, very comfortable king bed, & 3 TV's in the room. I wasn't here long enough to be able to comment on variables like housekeeping, room service, etc but I was very impressed by the quality of the room as well as the service I received from the front desk and concierge. An additional bonus is free parking. I'm not sure I would stay at the much higher regular rates but would definitely make this my first choice if I could get a similar rate again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank edinsf

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! I agree that The Venetian | The Palazzo is a "Great choice in Vegas." It is a pleasure to read about how much you enjoyed our opulent accommodations. Our standard is a suite and we not only provide the largest standard accommodations on the Las Vegas strip, but as you pointed out The Venetian | The Palazzo has some of the best amenities.

Thank you again for your review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to hosting you here at The Venetian | The Palazzo many times in the future.