“Like the 2nd or 3rd Best Player on the Championship Team”

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #7 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Chino, California
“Like the 2nd or 3rd Best Player on the Championship Team”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Vegas, in my opinion, is the unrivaled All-Star team when it comes to hotels. No finer collection in the world!

So the Palazzo is 2nd or 3rd best player on this fine team. It's not that they're bad. No, they're still great. But in a city where 'relative' goodness counts just as much as goodness itself, they do lack a couple of things.

Positives: Great room. Comfortable. Clean. Luxurious. We had 5 adult men in there and it was sufficient.

Negatives: Smell (fake vanilla scent). Small Casino. Bit of an older crowd more interested in shopping and fine dining than anything else (it seemed).

Like I said - I would absolutely stay here again. But compared to the Wynn, Encore, and the Sky Villas at the Aria, this place is not AS good.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank rjung10
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am pleased that you found our suite to be large and opulent. Our standard is a suite and we not only provide the largest standard accommodations on the Las Vegas strip but also some of the most luxurious.

I thank you for your feedback regarding your experience. I apologize that you did not feel The gaming space was not large enough. At over 225,000 square feet The Venetian | The Palazzo casinos combine to create the largest gaming floor attached to a five diamond resort on the Las Vegas strip.

I also apologize that our deodorizing system was not to your satisfaction. It is quite possible that, due to ventilation and air currents, the air freshener was particularly concentrated around the areas you entered. I think you will find that the scent dissipates and becomes more pleasing as you move about the property.

Thank you for your review and it is my sincere hope that you will choose to return to The Venetian | The Palazzo each time that your travels bring you to Las Vegas.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,702)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Very confortable suites we stayed two nights top class, great security in place you will need to show your room key to access the elevator Pallazzo not as massive as the Venetian Prestige Suites I thought well worth it. Only one minor thing the safe in the closet the way it was installed it is not practically at all for someone to use it excellent Hotel superb service I highly recommend this property to anyone.

Room Tip: book the prestige Luxury suite it is well worth it and resort fees is included
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank benfica_12
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo during your most recent trip to Las Vegas. I am pleased that you enjoyed your accommodations and found the service to be superb.

I am particularly pleased that you benefited from the service provided by Prestige at the Palazzo. Prestige provides the next level of luxury here at the resort and it sounds like you took full advantage of that. I apologize, however, that the location of the safe was inconvenient for you and appreciate your feedback so we may review your concern.

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable comments and positive review on TripAdvisor. I look forward to hosting you at Prestige for each and every time your travels bring you back to Las Vegas.

new marske
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Stayed 5 nights at the Palazzo from Saturday 15th September.
We had booked 2 suites, so I emailed the hotel asking for the rooms to be close together, it took them almost 10 minutes to respond !!! So our first impression was obviously a positive one.
Short line at check in on arrival, dealt with quickly and efficiently. We had a suite on the 26th floor with a strip view. First impressions of the room WOW ! Superb, certainly the best we’ve had in Vegas. The bathroom was huge, with a large separate shower that had enough water pressure to knock you over. Housekeeping was always finished by the time we came back from the pool - no issues about anything concerning the Suite.
The Casino was well laid out, easy to find your way round with a good selection of slots. No problems with the drinks service, at times we even turned some down (not many) !!
The pool area was clean with plenty of beds, although not many in the sun early morning, however, as it didn’t open until 9.00am during our stay, we never had a problem getting beds in the preferred location. They have a towel removal policy but never seemed to put it into practice until almost noon. Why can’t people who are leaving beds just bundle up the towels so its obvious to everyone that they’ve gone?
Used the Lux café for breakfast every morning, had the buffet which is not that big but had all the items that we required, good value for the price. A short walk through to the Venetian you’ll find the food court with a good selection of fast food with comfortable seating (not your normal plastic chairs here). Had a meal at Zine that was excellent and good value.
Security in the hotel was good, no room key, no admittance to the lift area. This was at all times unlike other hotels were it is only late evening.
We booked this hotel through Virgin Holidays, normally we book direct with the hotel but the offer we got worked out much cheaper mainly because the price included the resort fee and all taxes. No hidden extras !!
Would we stay at the Palazzo again - Without hesitation.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank smoggyboy3
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! I am pleased that we exceeded your expectation. It was my pleasure to share your positive experience with our team. They truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed here in mid-September using my Intercontinental Hotel Group points. After a 28 minute snag at check-in, everything went smoothly; the management of this hotel is enlightened because they push decision-making down the the front desk clerk level. The young lady who assisted me provided $100 food and beverage credit and at check-out, no resort fee was charge to me; my balance was $12 for three nights because I happened to like the beer at Public House! The point is, I felt valued from check-in to check-out with every staff I encountered cheerful and accommodating, making me feel welcome, even though I was just an average guy there on business. The rooms are terrific; my upper floor suite (44 Floor as I recall) had a strip view and was outfitted with the latest and greatest gadgets, deluxe linens and towels, tasteful decor. The amenities on-site were superb, to include the pool and spa, plus LaGasse's Stadium downstairs. Lots of terrific restaurants from which to choose. Liked it so much plan to return in December! As a Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Delta, Southwest, and US Air elite flier, National Exec, Avis 1st, Hertz Gold, am a picky, picky business traveler; spoiled would be a better word and I felt a little spoiled at Palazzo!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BlueHorseshoe54
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review on Trip Advisor. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with our team members. They truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you.

I am pleased to hear that you are an Intercontinental Hotels Priority Club Platinum Member. As the first ever Intercontinental Alliance resort we are proud to have received such a glowing review as Priority Club members are among our most important guests. I thank you again for your review and look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian | The Palazzo in the near future.

Pleasant Hill, California
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed here for one night in late Sept. Have been to Vegas a lot and must say for the $ I spent (about $150, which included the $20 resort fee) I am hard pressed to imagine you can find better accommodations. Location is great. The standard rooms are huge (720 sq ft I believe), quiet, very comfortable king bed, & 3 TV's in the room. I wasn't here long enough to be able to comment on variables like housekeeping, room service, etc but I was very impressed by the quality of the room as well as the service I received from the front desk and concierge. An additional bonus is free parking. I'm not sure I would stay at the much higher regular rates but would definitely make this my first choice if I could get a similar rate again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank edinsf
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! I agree that The Venetian | The Palazzo is a "Great choice in Vegas." It is a pleasure to read about how much you enjoyed our opulent accommodations. Our standard is a suite and we not only provide the largest standard accommodations on the Las Vegas strip, but as you pointed out The Venetian | The Palazzo has some of the best amenities.

Thank you again for your review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to hosting you here at The Venetian | The Palazzo many times in the future.

Hamilton, New Jersey
Reviewed October 9, 2012

the palazzo was a beautiful hotel. The fortuna suite is as good as it looks online.
PLENTY to do here.
HOWEVER, my wife and I enjoy gaming and read online that the palazzo and venetian do NOT provide comps. we took this into consideration even though we are used to getting comped for our entire trip. we play $5 dollar slots max bet as well as table games.
the reviews were right, upon check out they told us due to so much conventioneers paying for rooms constantly that they dont "have" to comp anyone.
with that said we got one of 4 nights comped and they told us in order to really earn better comps they look for $200 min bet for table games for min 4hrs a day.
so keep this in mind as it is all true.

the dealers were rude frankly. every table we sat at it felt uncomfortable. we are used to a friendly atmosphere here in vegas and very nice dealers and didnt get this here. Most of the dealers are asian and i dont know if asians are typically rude but they set the tone which wasnt friendly.

Now onto the POOL, we also love being at the pool for a good part of the day and didnt know that the sun doesnt actually hit the pool until after 1pm and only makes an appearance until 3ish.
this was crap because even when the sun did come out it didnt hit the entire pool area. if you arent careful you may never get sun because of the placement of the building.

i will say it was nice being at the palazzo as it was in the middle of the strip which made it great for walking around.

spa wasnt what we expected...a bit dissapointed in that as well.

Room Tip: the fortuna suite was great and spacious, the views suck because of the placement of the building. i...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank steve m
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo. I am disheartened to read that your stay was not a complete success. I apologize specifically that the dealers were not friendly and you were displeased with our complimentary items offered through casino marketing. Should you wish to receive more information please contact our guest relations department and they will direct you to the proper individuals regarding casino promotions.

I would also like to apologize on behalf of The Venetian | The Palazzo and our team for your experience during your stay. It concerns me deeply to that the service, or lack thereof, that you experienced did not reflect a level of exceptionality. Allow me to assure you that your most recent experience is not the standard of our resort. Typically, our property has the reputation of providing unparalleled service and accommodations. I constantly strive to provide each patron with our Unmatched Guest Services, creating a restful, relaxing and memorable visit. I do apologize that you were not extended our Unmatched Guest Services throughout your entire stay.

Again, I extend my apologies and hope that this atypical experience does not deter you from visiting us in the future. Please feel free to contact our guest relations office directly if you wish to further discuss.

Adelaide, South Australia
Reviewed October 8, 2012

For the past few years we have been travelling with our small children so have stayed in apartment style accommodation while in Vegas (Platinum and Trump). As we were travelling without kids we decided to stay on Strip in a hotel. We chose Palazzo as it was one of the few hotels in Vegas we hadn't stayed at. We had forgotten what it was like lugging suitcases from parking garages or valets through smokey casinos to check-in and then again to find the elevators to go up to your room. Check-in was pretty standard, no personalised service like you get at Trump - we weren't offered an upgrade upsell of any kind which was kind of strange - we would have been more than happy to pay the $$$ if the offer was there. Our room was nice and big, but again, just a standard Vegas hotel. The room didn't really have the WOW factor that Wynn or Encore have, but suited us just fine for our requirements. The amenities provided were great, everything you would need for your stay - and they were refilled each day. We were a bit disappointed that we didn't receive complimentary bottled water or newspapers each day like we do at Trump when paying the RESORT FEE. I think the Palazzo resort fee is purely internet access and gym/pool facilities.

On the plus side, the bed was extremely comfortable, shower always hot and great water pressure, and the room was relatively quiet.

Upon checking out we realised there was a $14 charge on our bill that we didn't know about, apparently something from the mini bar had moved and we were charged for it. The check-out staff advised that when the safe or cupboard is slammed too hard the items may move and you are then charged - so watch out for that one.

We didn't gamble in Palazzo or dine in any of the restaurants as we went elsewhere, however we found the BEST coffee in Vegas - Espressamente Illy. Generally they are pretty busy in the morning (especially when a large convention is on), but well worth the wait and the $$$ for a GREAT latte!

Even though we probably wouldn't stay at Palazzo again, for those wanting a nice hotel in a great location, I would recommend this to you. Definitely not a family hotel, but for couples, a great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Emma1975
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Venetian | The Palazzo. As such an experienced Las Vegas traveler it is especially disheartening to read that your stay was not a complete success. I apologize about the multiple challenges you experienced.

First, I apologize that we did not make clear to you that we offer complimentary valet parking and that a guest services will carry your luggage from you car to your suite. It is truly disappointing that your first impression of the resort was "lugging" your luggage from the self parking area to the front desk.

I also apologize about the lack of service that you experienced at the front desk upon check in. It concerns me deeply that you were not provided personalized Unmatched Guest Service at the desk as is our standard here at The Venetian | The Palazzo. It also sounds like the atypical check in experience also left you uninformed about the resort fee; therefore, I also wanted to take a moment and clarify our resort fee. Many guests enjoy the many benefits that the resort fee offers. Included in the fee is complimentary internet access, access to our fitness center, a complimentary cup of coffee from Cafe Presse and daily newspaper among many other benefits. I am apologizing specifically that all the benefits of the resort fee were not more clearly explained to you upon check in.

While disappointed that your did not enjoy more of the fine dining outlets on our property, I am pleased that you shared your coffee recommendations.

Again, I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. It is my sincere hope that you will not allow this atypical experience stop you from returning to The Venetian | The Palazzo for many future visit. Should you wish to discuss your trip further please do not hesitate to let our guest relations department know.