“Wonderful Hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
San Antonio, Texas
“Wonderful Hotel”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

The Palazzo will not disappoint.. The rooms are awesome.. They are perfectly clean, the linens are soft.. The beds were comfortable.. TV's everywhere.. The staff is friendly.. The elevators shoot you to your rooms quickly.. Security is tight..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SanAntonioCard
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with our Team Members. I am confident that our staff delights in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay.

Again, we truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We hope to host you again and continue to amaze you with our Unmatched Guest Service Standards. We truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

VP of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,679)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We have been staying on our twice yearly trips to Vegas at the Wynn but the Venetian/Palazzo came up with a good rate so we moved over.
First off I like the location better then the Wynn and unless you stay at the Encore )or really spring for an upgrade at the Wynn) the Palazzo rooms are larger. Both hotels have equally comfortable bedding..While the Wynn feels somewhat more elegant we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Palazzo. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable,and room service breakfast came right on time..What else can you ask for?

Room Tip: Ask for a high room with a strip view..
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared so we may enliven our team members with your thoughtful compliments. I am confident that our staff delights in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay and we all look forward to your return.

Millstone,nj
Reviewed August 25, 2012

What a beautiful hotel.. The customer service was great. Everywhere we went the staff would ask people if they needed help.

The pools were great they come around with cold towels, orange slices, cucumbers, and cups of ice water. The restaurants Lavo and Delmonicos were delicious!

The rooms were beautiful, although they did lack draw space and the closet was kind of small. I highly recommend this hotel and can't wait to go back

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. It was my pleasure to share your positive experience with our team members. They truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

Birmingham, AL
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We chose the Palazzo for the room size and decor and wasn't disappointed. How can you complain about three TV's and remote-controlled window coverings? The standard view was good with views of the mountains and partial strip views. Unfortunately, I don't care for the casino layout. Maybe I'm just getting old, but it was all a little confusing to me. Not layed out in a way that is easy to find what you're looking for, which for me was some old fashioned slot machines that don't have 100 different things on the screen. I don't think there were too many to be found. Also, the property (Palazzo and Venetian combined) is so huge it's difficult to find the shortest route to where you want to go. The upside, there's lots to do and eat on property and in a beautiful setting. Everyone we encountered was friendly and the maid service was early in the day. The only issues we had was one day only one bath towel was left and we needed two for that day plus two for the next check-out day. I had to go find someone in the hall and requests more bath towels. Also, no matter how low we turned down the thermostat, we couldn't get the room as cool as we prefer for sleeping. All-in-all it was a good stay and if you spend a lot of time in the room, then you'll love The Palazzo. If not, you might prefer something more centrally located on the Strip.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors are above the Venetian and have better strip views.
Dear Guest,

Thank you choosing The Venetian|The Palazzo as your host you during your recent visit. We are humbled to have received your insightful comments, for there really is no greater way to better our services than by receiving truly vital feedback from a valued guest.

We truly appreciate that you have so graciously allowed us the opportunity to learn about your recent experience, and I also appreciate the feedback you have provided regarding your difficulties navigating the property. We have recently introduced our mobile application, “The Venetian | The Palazzo Pocket Concierge™” for both IPhone and Android devices, to assist our guests with directions, a variety of offers and an abundance of other information.

I would like to thank you again for your feedback and we all look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Edinburgh
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Have just returned from a six day stay with two friends at The Palazzo. Okay here are the few negatives about this hotel. Dodgy air con that was fixed after two days, half a used condom wrapper lying in the bathroom on our arrival, mini bar that refused to unlock and one too many towels with holes in them. These are my only criticisms but surely you shouldn't expect this when you're paying out big bucks for a five star establishment. However there are lots of positives to say about this hotel starting off with our prestige suite. Must be the most comfy beds and pillows ever. We booked our hotel accom from the Expedia UK website and and as a party of three paid £30 each per day extra (around $45) to upgrade to the prestige suite.
This is a great deal if you make best use of what's included. To start with the $20 per day resort fee is waived. Secondly you get free breakfast which is continental style with cereals, porrige, fresh fruit, breads yoghurts. Help yourself to free teas, coffees, water and sodas any time of the day thereafter.
Cocktail hours are from 5pm to 8pm. Unlimited free drinks including champagne, spriits, cocktails, beers. There are also lovely hors d'oeuvres and soup each evening as well as a pasta and omelette station at weekends. We ate so well at the weekend that we skipped dinner a couple of times as a result.
Poolwise the Palazzo pools get no sun until the afternnoon which is a bit disappointing however you can use all the facilities of the Venetian pools.
We loved the big pool which is parallel to the Tao beach club and loved the very loud rap and house music which kicks off around midday. Believe me when I say this is LOUD so if you want to chill out avoid the sun loungers adjacent to the club entrance.
Nice touches were staff offering up cold towels, orange segments and chilled cucumber as you relaxed.
Minor irritation for me was the piped "Phantom of the Opera" music in the elevators all the time. We went to see the show at the Venetian which was a big disappointment for me personally. The show is due to finish soon but if you go wear something warm as the theatre is freezing !
Will be back to Las Vegas at some point and will probably stay at The Palazzo again if the Prestige deal is stll available. Happy gambling!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank edinpaul
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay at The Venetian|The Palazzo. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations as well as the amenities included on The Prestige Level. Still, I would like to apologize on behalf of The Venetian|The Palazzo and our team for your experience during your stay. It concerns me deeply that the condition of your suite did not reflect a level of exceptionality upon check in.

Again, I extend my apologies and we sincerely look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed at the Palazzo for two nights (Aug. 19th - 21st) for my 21st birthday weekend. I was really excited to stay here, but was let down tremendously. First, we arrived at 6pm to a short line and very difficult to find lobby. There were several employees not currently checking anyone in at the front desk, just chatting with another young man that was looking over everything. THANKS, we're only standing here with a magnitude of luggage and they're taking their sweet time with their conversation. Carry on. Check-in was pretty easy, they of course asked us if we'd like to upgrade. I was about to say yes when the fiance turned it down. Fine, we'll be back in LV soon enough, we'll just upgrade then. See how it is the first visit. After checking out, we grabbed all of our bags and I saw a really shady guy with a goatee, in a loose gray sweatshirt standing near the "Express Checkout" box and was sticking something thin inside the slit on the top, and pulling little white envelopes out! I found out later that they are the room key cards, along with your name, number, etc. that you leave when you'd rather not stand in line to checkout. We certainly skipped on that feature when we left. Some security system they have.. I didn't realize that we could have had assistance with our bags to our room, as nobody mentioned or offered. So we lugged everything through the lobby, through the casino, through the hallways, up the elevators, stopped three times on the way up to the 19th floor, through another long hallway and finally we're at our room. We were delighted to find a spacious room, large bed, and spacious bathroom. We open the closet to store our luggage, and there was a luggage tag left from the previous guest, along with a slot machine ticket for .05 cents from another casino. Whatever, it's a mistake. I turned to set it on the dresser and that's when all of the nicks and scratches were brought to my attention. Seriously? For what you charge per night and how much you're raking in through the casino, I'm sure the hotel could afford to replace the banged up furniture. Craigslist sells furniture in newer condition. To the bed, I pulled back the sheets to check for bed bugs because of all the horror stories I hear about Vegas hotel beds and was happy to find clean sheets! Yippee! I was excited to use the remote to open the curtains and that provided about two minutes worth of entertainment. We took a step down into the sunken living room, and stretched out on the couch. It was very comfortable, albeit a loose penny was found in a cushion, so I felt as if it wasn't as clean as it could have been. Using that handy remote to pull back the curtains once more, I took in our view of the Wynn and Treasure Island. That would be when I noticed a strange jelly/candy residue stuck on the curtains. I do feel bad for going into so much detail about the poor housekeeping, because I understand how much work they must have to do in a hotel of that proportion. I have to say I'm not the kind of person that likes to focus on the minor flaws and while the average person may be oblivious to these things, I just felt grossed out and wondered what else have they looked over? Well, my answer was in the bathroom. Where I found that the amenities (shampoo, conditioner, body wash) was not replaced from the last guest, a tampon in the trash can and a small drop of blood (?) on the tile directly in front of the toilet. That was probably the most disgusting factor of this hotel. Whatever, I'm tired. I've lived with roommates who were worse. I'm still kicking myself for not taking pictures of the nasty things, though. I just wanted to take a shower and get down to the casino. It took around 10 minutes for the shower to heat up and had to be used on full heat to be remotely warm. I understand that we are very high up, so it takes awhile. I was content. We had a couple drinks with us and wanted to put them in the fridge, but it was full of charge items. We called downstairs to ask if they could move the items out or send up a fridge, but it would be a $25 fee. No thank you! That's gambling/drinking money. We made our way down to the casino, which was clean and had ample lighting. Fiance made his way to the table games where we were carded because we're so young. The dealer gave us a little trouble and didn't understand that New Mexico was a state located in the United States. We explained it was only 9 hours away and next to Arizona. Albuquerque, Santa Fe? Ring a bell? I couldn't understand why it would matter if we were from the States or not, but it was a slight inconvenience and embarrassing. After that, we just did the rest of our gambling at the Wynn - where we'll be staying next time. The Shops are beautiful and aplenty. The Canals and painted ceilings are beautiful. It did have the faint smell of jasmine. That was my favorite part. But you don't have to be a guest to visit those parts of the hotel, so we could always visit from another hotel. We rested great that night, loved the blackout curtains. If you're an early sleeper, you'll want to request a room on the side of the hotel opposite Treasure Island, as the fireworks are very LOUD. That was the least of our worries as we weren't in Las Vegas to sleep. Again, the next day - the amenities were still not replaced. The blood was cleaned, the tampon removed, but still no new amenities and the sticky residue was left on the curtain. The Palazzo just gave me a headache. I expected more from a 5 diamond resort, and I'm happy we didn't upgrade and will not be returning on the trip we're taking later this year and earlier next year. Maybe for a gondola ride, but nothing more.

Room Tip: Choose a room opposite TI
5 Thank Sonya B
PA_GuestRelations2, VP of Hotel Operations at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay at The Venetian|The Palazzo. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been.

We greatly apologize for the unnecessary frustrations you experienced during your visit. It is never our intention to cause our guests such unnecessary stress and inconvenience such as the conditions you described. We constantly strive to provide a restful, relaxing, enjoyable stay, and to provide each patron with our Unmatched Guest Services. I am sorry that we failed to impart that service to you.

Again, we extend our apologies and invite you to contact our Guest Relations office directly as we would like an opportunity to gather more details of the challenges you experienced. It is our sincere hope that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations on a future visit.

Falmouth, Maine
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Palazzo, i remember when it was built, when i had to check out of three different rooms, the Venetian said, we will up grade you to Palazzo. Back then the rooms in there went for nearly $400. Now at $159 plus resort fee. it was crowded, it has lost its allure of hearing your heels echoing in the Great Lobby. The registration line was about 50 deep, they were tired, the staff were not so friendly. No special attention to details. it felt like a meat grinder. the rooms were suite enough, Azure (the pool) requires membership. all in all, it is better than the Venetian where the doorway carpets are getting worn out. These still unnoticeable; could use some slippers in the rooms.

do yourself a favor, pick Aria, Cosmopolitan, even all new Tropicana, you might be better off.

Room Tip: if you are sensitive to noise, do not book the rooms facing the strip. while it sounds good, you wi...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank snmklee
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay at The Venetian|The Palazzo. I understand that there are many travel options when visiting this city and we sincerely appreciate and thank you for choosing The Venetian|The Palazzo to host you during your most recent visit. I am very disappointed to hear that your visit was not a complete success. Please accept our apologies for the dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay.

Should you wish to further discuss the details of your visit, we invite you to contact our Guest Relations Department directly. It is our sincere hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations on a future visit.