“You can't go wrong at the Palazzo”

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #7 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Sydney, Australia
“You can't go wrong at the Palazzo”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We took the weekend off from a business trip and headed to Vegas. We stayed at the Palazzo for my second trip to Las Vegas. My previous stay was at the Paris in 2009. Both are equally fantastic but this review is about the Palazzo. Check In was very easy with more than enough friendly staff to get you checked in in no time. No lines even on a fully booked busy Friday night. Getting to your room was a breeze by simply going through the casino to the elevator lobby where there was a security guy to keep the riff-raff out and they did.

The room was very inviting and it had a nice little 'sunken in' living room area which was very inviting. The room was well appointed for a 'Deluxe' basic room. Even though I tried to upgrade at the front desk at check-in, I realised I didn't really need to here. It would be nice to see what the upgrade provided as this was more than good enough. Everything was modern and up-to-date with no signs of wear and tear at all.

Breakfast at the Cafe was fantastic although we didn't choose the buffet but I heard that was pretty good too. The wait staff were more than friendly even with a full house. From my experience, whenever anything is fully booked it means one of two things; one- it must be good and well sought after and two - customer service suffers because of lack of staff. However the latter did not happen and we were well looked after during the whole meal which gained the waittress a fat tip afterwards.

The location was fantastic being in the heard of the strip with mall including a Macy's, Nordstorms and Neimann Marcus nearby for normal type of shopping.

I will definitely stay here again. Excellent value for money, very clean and modern rooms, excellent customer service.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
PA_GuestRelations2, Guest Relations Manager at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with our Team Members. I am confident that our staff delights in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay.

Again, we truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We hope to host you again and continue to amaze you with our Unmatched Guest Service Standards. We truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

The Venetian|The Palazzo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,677)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed between 07/29 and 08/03 in a prestige suite on the 25th floor. The room was great, spectacular view of the strip (we had a face view of the TI), flawless service. Honestly we couldn't ask for more. The resort is also in perfect condition and as per Las Vegas standards, the hotel is built so that you are close to the pool, the gym, the spa (all three a few steps from the elevator on 3rd floor). I've been to other others were we had to walk to another building to access either of these commodities (that was the case last time staying at the sister-hotel The Venetian since the Palazzo and the Venetian share the spa and the gym). And accessing the Strip is also within very reasonable distance (again comparing to other resorts we've been such as the Venetian/Venezia Tower and the Signature at MGM). The only thing I didn't appreciate much is the fact that while we attended the pool every day (Sun thru Thurs.), the adult-only pool and the Azure lounge pool (Prestige level gives you complimentary access to Azure) were only opened on the first day. So we had to share a quite crowded pool (tip: go early, before 10h am, or after 6 pm).
Last but not not least of my review is the Prestige lounge, which is included and the highlight of the Prestige booking consideration. Some will disagree but I believe it is worth the extra 80$/night (actually 100$ surcharge but the daily 20$ resort fees are waived, thus net 80$ surcharge). The "deluxe" continental breakfast buffet was a delight, with pastries, fruits, cereals, oatmeal, juices and a choice of two hot items every day (cinnamon bun most of the time with either a ham/cheese croissant, wild mushroom crepe, burrito or cheese omelette).
After 10h am and up to 4 pm, you can enjoy candies, fruit and beverages (bottled water, bottled sodas, lemonade, iced tea, hot drinks, etc.). Finally, cocktail, hors d'oeuvres and desserts served between 5-7 (desserts from 7 to 8) are also a treat. Again two hot items (chicken parmesan, beef and vegetable brochette, fried calmars and such), soup and a few cold canapes are all available. Even if these are offered as hors d'oeuvres and thus in tiny portions, you can walk up and grab as much as you want. And cocktails are all free (but they don't have "specialty" cocktails because they don't have a shaker or frozen mix). I've enjoyed a kir royal, a few day breeze and more traditional white Chardonnais wine.
So all in all a great stay

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SebQuebec
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay at The Venetian|The Palazzo. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Prestige Lounge and all of its inclusions! It also pleases me that you found the service to be flawless and the resort, perfect. Still, I would like to apologize on behalf of The Venetian|The Palazzo and our team for your experience during your stay. It concerns me deeply to learn you were only able to utilize Azure on Sunday as Azure is typically open daily.

Again, I extend my apologies and hope that this atypical experience does not deter you from visiting us in the future. Please feel free to contact our office directly if you wish to further discuss.

Middlesbrough
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Easy access from freeway as you don't need to go too far along the very busy strip; hotel is near junction with The strip and sands ave/ spring mountain rd. check in was quick and easy, pleasant staff. Only a short walk across the casino to the guest elevators down a smoke free area. We were on 30 th floor at the end of a corridor but still not far ( unlike some Vegas hotels where you seem to walk for ages to get to your room). Room nice and quiet overlooking Wynn hotel (thru a huge picture window ) and it's golf course, waterfall etc. you could pay extra for a strip view but we weren't bothered really. Big room, lovely marble bathroom with his and hers sinks, bath, shower cubicle, vanity unit and separate toilet. Very nicely decorated. Huge comfy bed, steps down to a sitting area with big sofa, dining table and safe. Three tv's (!?) one being in bathroom. Electic blinds and curtains. All in all the room was very comfortable and the chambermaids did an excellent job. Easy access to bridge over sand lake rd, to Wynn hotel, fashion show mall etc. just a short walk thru the casino. Also you could walk thru palazzo shops to grand canal shops and then exit over " the Rialto bridge" If you wanted to head towards bridge to mirage etc. Or indeed out thru the lobby and round the front of the hotel if not too hot ( over 40 when we were there). Overall we really liked this hotel. Some nice places to eat though maybe a bit more expensive than some other hotels. No big buffet style restaurant tho we didn't think this was a bad thing! There is a good one at Wynn next door. Definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Away from elevators to ensure is quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HellyMbro
PA_GuestRelations2, Guest Relations Manager at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, August 4, 2012

Atlanta
Reviewed August 3, 2012

First off, the Palazzo is a machine. Don't fool yourself into thinking you are getting Ritz Carlton Service just because the room is huge and beautiful unless you are a "high roller". That said, If I hadn't been on business, I think I still would love to have taken my wife there.

It's just....so...big. Over the top big. Big for Las Vegas big.

If I were paying $350+ a night average instead of the company, I think I would have had some buyers remorse.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. It was my pleasure to share your positive experience with our team members. They truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

We truly appreciate that you have so graciously allowed us the opportunity to learn about your recent experience, and I also appreciate the feedback you have provided in regards to our service. Please be assured that we do take all feedbacks and suggestions seriously, and we will look into them accordingly. All of us here at the Venetian|The Palazzo look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Chicago
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I did not stay at Palazzo this time, but I did visit the property, particularly the lovely free Carnavale show in the lobby between the Venetian and Palazzo. I have many photos to share. It was free and a nice thing to add to your list of things to do while in Vegas.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! We are truly pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit to our property to experience Carnevale! We appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Overall I had a great stay at The Palazzo last weekend. We booked the Sienna and Bella suite connected together. It wasn't cheap but there was a lot of room. I took advantage of all the space by putting my belongings in the dresser and bathroom vanity drawer. Having stubbed my toe on the clear weight scale when leaving the restroom to go into the shower (beware of this placement), I needed assistance to walk around during the last hour of our stay. EMT checked out my foot and advised me to get it checked by a doctor. I got it checked and I have a broken bone. Additionally, the items I left in the drawers were not packed. I called the hotel the night I left to see if my friend who is still staying there could retrieve them. They said they could not allow that. I was being understanding so I requested the room to be checked asap since housekeeping failed to turn in the items. They said they would look into it but I did not realize it would take four days! I finally got an email letting me know they did not find my items which only means housekeeping either kept my belonging or threw them away. I know for a fact I left my items and they were not misplaced. But I guess it should be expected that my items are gone since it took several days for this to be looked into. What's unfortunate is the hotel establishment did not call me to investigate my injury. They brushed it off by writing in an email, "There were not any hazards, construction or defects in the event area." How would they know if there was any hazards or obstruction if they didn't call me to find out details? The absurd comment in the email stated, " Should you honor us with the opportunity to host you again, please contact my office directly once your reservation has been secured, so we may assist with preparations for arrival and ensure a perfect start to your return." Why on earth would I make another reservation and pay the deposit after the lack of service I just received? There are so many great resorts to stay at in Las Vegas, my friends, family, and I would not invest another penny at The Palazzo, nonetheless a Sands Resort ever again. And fortunately, I am able to share my experience via social media. If you chose to stay here, beware of the placement of the weight scale in the Sienna suite and if you leave anything behind don't expect to get it back. It will take days for them to look into it when in fact they either stole it or threw it away.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Puja725
PA_GuestRelations2, Guest Relations Manager at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay at The Venetian|The Palazzo. I am certainly disappointed that the resolution experience was not all that it could have been.

The comment you sent via our website was received on Wednesday morning and after the details of your claim were reviewed, a response was communicated to you the following afternoon, Thursday. We certainly strive to address all concerns immediately and we sincerely apologize that the resolution was not amicable.

Once again, I do apologize for any frustration this has caused as it is never our intention to cause our guests any unnecessary stress or inconvenience. I would like to thank you for articulating the details of your experience. It is through communication, such as yours, that we are better able to monitor and improve services for our guests.

Kind regards,

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Visited here on honeymoon, without a doubt one of the best hotels on the strip and definitely the biggest rooms!!

Staff are very attentive, location is great, cleanliness is top notch and there is absolutely nothing I can fault!!!

Casino floor is buzzing, restaurants and Lagasses Stadium are great and the Gondola ride is wonderful!!

Room Tip: All rooms are great to be honest - even the basic suite is huge!!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you choosing The Venetian|The Palazzo as your host during your recent visit. We are humbled to have received your thoughtful comment, for there really is no greater way to better our services than by receiving truly vital feedback from a valued guest.

We truly appreciate that you have so graciously allowed us the opportunity to learn about your recent experience and we all look forward to your return.