“Best place to stay in Vegas!”

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #8 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Seattle, Washington
“Best place to stay in Vegas!”
Reviewed June 4, 2011

I love the Palazzo! We come to Vegas often and I have been bugging my boyfriend to stay here. Usually we just stay at the least expensive five star, which ever Expedia has on sale basically. Palazzo far out ways a lot of the other five star hotels, the basic rooms are huge, customer service still exists, and the casino seems less smoky! Mary Rose checked us in and she was so nice, it's nice to see someone who you can tell is happy to be working here. Not to bash The Wynn but their customer service is lost and their rooms are so loud, thinnest walls ever. I will always pick Palazzo over Wynn any day, even if it is hugely on sale! Thanks Mary Rose for making our stay!

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Jazzytravelingabroad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,616)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed June 4, 2011

Everything is better than we expected. Hotel staff friendly. Room is unbelievable. We're totally satisfied.

Room Tip: Stay at the Palasso!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Valorentz
New York
Reviewed June 3, 2011

Stayed in a luxury suite at the Palazzo in april 2011. Stayed at the Venetian last year, but have to say that the Palazzo felt more luxurious.

The bed is super comfortable. There is an actual closet (unlike the armoires a lot of the other hotels have). The bathroom is huge, with double vanity, and a separate tub and shower. There is also a large living area with sectional and dining area. The blackout drapes are remotely controlled, there wasn't much of a view however.

The only negative comment was the housekeeping staff. They kept knocking on our door to see if we had left for the day when we were sleeping in. Seemed pretty annoyed when they saw us still in the room.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank g10betr0tter
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 1, 2011

We had originally booked at the Venetian, but when we arrived to check in at around 1:00 p.m., we were told that we could upgrade for $20 a night to the Palazzo and get into a room immediately as opposed to waiting an additional 2 hours for a room at the Venetian. We chose to upgrade and were happy we did so. Having not seen the rooms at the Venetian, I can't say how the rooms compared, but the Palazzo suite was gorgeous! The pool area is shared by both resorts and was also wonderful! Pool chairs were hard to come by, but there were staff members specifically assigned to assist guests in finding pool chairs, and chairs that were not occupied for a half hour were cleared by the staff and given to new people. Be sure to tip the staff though, as I am sure that they don't make a lot of money hourly. The chairs were very comfortable and my only complaint would be that smoking is allowed at the pool.

The remote control drapes were great, especially when you wanted to sleep in late. They did an excellent job of blocking out the sunlight! The beds were extremely soft and comfortable and I slept great all three nights I was there. The bathroom was beautiful and huge, had a vanity area in it and a separate small room for the toilet. There was a stand-up shower and bath tub.

Valet was a little slow, as the resort was quite busy because of the holiday weekend (Memorial day). At times, the elevators could be slow. Security was strict about checking that everyone who passed had at least one person in their party with a room key, and the same was done for entry to the pool area.

I checked out very early in the morning and there was no wait at all. We didn't touch the mini bar, as we were told that everything was weight activated and you would be charged for any item that was touched, and there were no charges on my bill that should not have been there.

I would highly recommend this to anyone. It isn't cheap, but is well worth the price if you want a luxury hotel.

For the best food and value for the money, eat at the Grand Lux! Their menu selection is huge. We ate almost every meal there and never had the same thing twice unless we wanted it.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank cmstudebaker
New York
Reviewed June 1, 2011

We stayed at the Palazzo during Memorial Day Weekend for three nights in a Bella Suite.

The good:
* Very big and clean suite. Bathroom was huge.
* With the Palazzo and Venetian you really have two resorts combined into one. Walking from one to the other almost feels like you are in the same resort. It's huge.
* Lots of restaurants and bars (good coupons in the suite for 2-for-1 drink deals).
* Both casinos are nice and clean. Black Jack tables start at $15.
* Venetian has the biggest Poker Room in Vegas I think. Many games going and it's easy to switch tables if you want to. Quality of players vary (I played 1-2 NL Hold'em), but surprisingly I didn't see a lot of drunk players and very little alcohol consumption at my tables and the nearby tables.
* The pool area is very nice, clean and big. Note that the Palazzo pool doesn't get sun until about noon, although you need to get your seats earlier than 11am. Venetian side gets sun from the early morning, and is more lively than the Palazzo pool.
* The staff was friendly and helpful when we needed something.

The not so good:
* BEDS in the suite! I know you don't sleep a lot in Vegas, but when I get my 4 hours or so I want a comfortable bed, and the two Sealy Posturpedic beds in my Bella suite were pretty bad. They were sagging in the middle. Some of the worst beds I've slept in. Maybe it was just my suite and perhaps the King beds are better. It's really the only I have to complain about.

Room Tip: Asks for a high floor room at check-in!!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Cyrgon
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed May 31, 2011

We stayed here for a girls trip and thought it was very nice, The rooms were very spacious, clean and nicely decorated. The beds were very comfortable and bathrooms were plenty big enough for 4 girls to get ready in. The only thing that kind of bothered me was that housekeeping tried to clean our room every morning at around 8:30 am. We were basically there to party, so it seemed way too early to clean. As far as sleeping in, the blackout curtains were great and it was really nice to have the remote to open them right next to you. The concierge was wonderful with setting us up with VIP entrance to all of the clubs in the Palazzo & Venetian including the pool. I would recommend this hotel for a group of girls, the rooms are great and you get everything comped! A very good time!

*Tip: The hotel shades the pool so you don't get much sun

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank ChrisNAmber
Sussex
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Stayed here 11 nights in May.... Check in was quick, mentioned it was our Ruby anniversary and was there an upgrade, at a cost of over 100.00 dollars a night we were told,
No upgrade there then, then Donald told us they were full and there wasn't any upgrades, then I mentioned the concierge upgrade at over 100.00 dollars a night, all of a sudden he magically pulled out an upgraded room for us, I thought you were full, I said, 'did I say that' he said, so he was dishonest then.
Then he said we had to pay 20 dollars a night for Resort charges, I explained that we were on a Virgin package holiday and we'd already paid the fee upfront, this he didn't believe and after much arguing we eventually checked in our room.
It must have been the worst room in the hotel. A view of a wall, with noise coming from extractor fans outside. We complained every day about it until eventually we spoke to a real nice person named Brian on reception who took pity on us and told us that was not a nice place to be, he moved us to the front of the hotel with great views.
We informed the Birgin Rep that the hotel were going to charge us Resort fees. They informed the hotel these fees were already previously paid, I asked Donald at Reception if he thought it was legal to make charges to patrons for services they would not be using, he just shrugged his shoulders...Resort Fees:
Free use of the gym: Do I look like I spend all day in a gym? I asked Donald (I'm a senior)
Free Wi fi. I don't have a lap top with me
Free entry to the Spa. For what? You don't get anything free after that
Free newspaper. No thanks
Free local calls. To who?
Virgin informed me they had
waivered the fees and I could use the facilities, when I checked this with the hotel they said I had to pay for Wi fi..... Which I thought was included in the fee. CONFUSED.com

Pools: no shade, I asked about umbrellas but they said people would fight over them, so I mentioned that if the hotel is supposed to depict Italy then they should be more authentic, what a rubbish answer!
The large pool at the Piazzo is warmer than the large pool at the Venetion. Although the Venetion has the sun there early.
They close most of the other pools even though the place was crowded.
The ambience of the hotel is good and I like the Casino except for a rather rude older lady on the Roulette, when we watched the roulette for a couple of minutes before we played she commented 'are you going to play or are you just going to stand around and look pretty' not the kind of retorts one would expect as a guest in a five star hotel, it put us right off, needless to say we walked away.
Vegas on the other hand is very clean and friendly.
Hotel is near good shopping Mall, good buffet at the Mirage and if you have transport an even better buffet at the Hotel M.

When we arrived home my husband checked his bank statement and it has shown - yes you guessed it, Resort Fees.... Even though when we checked out we paid our phone charges and the resort fees showed nil. They still charged us for phone AND the resort fees. How dishonest is that! So we had to pay double.

• Stayed May 2011