“Absolutely phenomenal”

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Paradise
Cross street: Harmon
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I can honestly say that this is the best Indian "fine food" I have ever enjoyed. Yes, I've had the typical home-made delicious cooking, served at homey restaurants and cafes; I've had the authentic fare prepared by our Indian friends. But I have not previously enjoyed the REFINED Indian cuisine, like Origin India presents.

For our dinner, we started off with an order of vegetable samosas and tandoori black tiger shrimp. The former was presented almost like a Stonehenge arrangement (!) of 3 samosas; the dough was slightly crispy, yet moist; the filling was smooth and flavorful - not dry; and the flavor was further enhanced by the delicious tamarind and mint sauces. The tiger shrimp, 3 per serving, were absolutely heavenly -- cooked to perfection, with that perfect texture when you bite into it, which tells you it was not overcooked even for a second. We also devoured the keema naan: it is practically impossible to find the fresh, made-to-order version, with raw minced meat stuffed into freshly prepared naan dough, and baked together. We've given up hopes of ever tasting this simple, yet tantalizing bread offering: and Origin India's version was sublime...

For the main course, I selected oven baked baby eggplant with lemon rice; my husband ordered Rogan Josh - New Zealand lamb shank with saffron rice. Simply put - both dishes absolutely superseded our expectations in presentation, taste, seasonings and satisfaction. My eggplant dish came with a rich sauce, perfectly seasoned and with the right spice notes; the vegetable was cooked just right: soft but not mushy, preserving the form and texture. Rogan josh, rich and complex in flavors, essences and aromas, was prepared in a modern western style of leaving the meat on the bone: so this is not "your mama's kitchen", but if you open your mind, and let your senses enjoy the experience, you will, no doubt, have only praise for the chef.

To end this heavenly meal, we shared the gulab jamun - and, again, were amazed at the flavors, softness and richness of this "too-common" dessert: it is definitely "home-made" at the restaurant, and I would wager done so on daily basis, as the balls are soft & supple, and infused with the scent and sweetness of the syrup. This is not a texture & flavor that would be preserved if these were pre-made and pulled out of a fridge.

Bottom line - be good to yourself: make the time to experience this fantastic restaurant. I will certainly make a point to return before I leave town, because I know for certain I am yet to find anything this incredible, creative and enjoyable in the fine Indian cuisine back home.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Sorry....all the people rating this restaurant probably do not eat indian food on a regular basis. I eat Indian food all the time and I think this has been the worst by far. I travel a lot and have eaten in Orlando, Kansas City, Miami and this food was terrible. The food has no flavour and tasted like they used sub par ingredients. Good indian food = intense flavour. This restaurant fell flat in selection, taste, and quality. They have very few vegetarian choices. The Samosas were bland and greasy and after eating one my stomach felt weird. They had no appetizers on the buffet and even when we ate the dessert we looked at each other and laughed hysterically because it tased like rubber. It is really rare for me to run across terrible restaurants, but this one tops the list! I do not recommend and would never go back. One more point, if the restaurant is full of tourists......not a good indication of Indian food. We should have listened to our cab driver (he was indian) he did not recommend it because of the quality. He was right. There are better Indian restaurants in Las Vegas.

1  Thank luv2travel714
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Went there almost 2 years ago and still remember the delicious flavors, courteous server, and friendly bartender. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Good food, but we ended up getting sick. Slow service and we had to ask for water, naan, etc. at least 3-4 times. The lunch buffet didn't have much vegetarian food, surprisingly and that was frustrating.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Food was average very expensive. Great service thou. They have a great selection of Indian beers which I enjoyed.

1  Thank Tanaug