“Exceptional food and service”
Review of DB Brasserie - CLOSED

DB Brasserie
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: db Brasserie is Chef Daniel Boulud's contemporary French restaurant at The Venetian(R) Las Vegas. Named "2014 Restaurant of The Year" by Desert Companion, the menu stays true to Chef Boulud's signature French-American cooking and modern sensibility by offering updated brasserie classics, including Steak Frites and The Frenchie Burger. Located at the start of Restaurant Row, just off the casino floor, db brasserie is open for dinner as well as early & late happy hour daily and features two private dining rooms for personal and business entertaining as well as full restaurant buy-outs.
Reviewed August 10, 2014

This fully lives up to what I expected from a DB restaurant in Las Vegas. Great food and solid menu offerings, good service, medium price. For quality of food here, the prices are quite reasonable. In fact, food and service exceeded what I would have expected at this price point.

There are newer reviews for DB Brasserie

Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Having eaten at a couple of Daniels restaurants we chose to eat here whilst in Vegas.

The food was ok. Nothing brilliant, just ok. The service was far too slow, and this was a Tuesday evening so pretty quiet. 45 mins until the starters. Took just over two hours for a brasserie this should be about 1hr.

It wasn't awful but it wasn't fantastic either.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

French food is my favorite cuisine, so I was very excited to try a Daniel Bouloud restaurant. Although the food was good, it wasn't the "fantastic" or "amazing" I was expecting or hoping for. My entree was cold - I should have sent it back, but I was tired from traveling and hungry. I got the scallops, which were cut in half width-wise (what? doesn't this take away from the lusciousness of a perfectly seared juicy scallop?) Not in this case, as they were either overcooked a bit - rubbery - or left on the pass a little too long.
My friend got the halibut - she loved the dish & sides but it was overcooked. She didn't send it back - again, too hungry - but it was a shame that such a beautiful piece of fish could be ruined like that. We live on the Gulf coast and eat fresh fish all the time, so we know when it's properly cooked - and when it's not. Sorry DB Brasserie.
My final note - why do restaurants insist on the bevy of staff waiting on one table? i'd rather see my server more than once at the beginning of the meal for continuity and consistency. we had a runner, a busser, a sommelier, a server, and a check-bringer. Too many people for me. I know that's the trend in restaurants now, but I'd be so happy to have personalized service again - that is a place I'd definitely go back to.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

I had the pleasure of dining with db BRASSERIE Saturday evening and must say I'm pleased. After Boulud's departure from Wynn Las Vegas in 2010 I feared I would be forced to travel away from Las Vegas to enjoy his cuisine, I couldn't have been more wrong.

db BRASSERIE, a home for Boulud at Venetian that opened last week Thursday, is a contemporary French restaurant featuring single Edison bulbs mounted to antique brass fixtures, travertine limestone panels at the entrance and four-panel, 12-foot-wide exterior doors that open to the casino. An open yet elegant and sophisticated space.

Stealing from Clint Eastwood's playbook, let's discuss "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly."

THE GOOD. We started with the Assiette De Fromages (a cheese plate with quince preserves, nuts cranberry bread) and I neglected all but the blue cheese as it was so delicious. She had the Crabe & Avocat (dungeness crab, fennel, avocado grapefruit, pink peppercorn, mint) and I had the Saint Jacques à la Provençale (seared sea scallops, stewed sweet peppers, baby zucchini green olives, pine nut persillad) - both were delicious. I speak with limited breadth on the Crabe & Avocat, however, the Saint Jacques à la Provençale was very flavorful with each bite; yet not spicy. Even more delightful, Chef David Middleton was about the floor and was very available to all. Refreshing.

THE BAD. One of the team experienced a leaking coffee pot. Not too shabby in my book.

THE UGLY. db BRASSERIE is located next to a bar that, during my visit, blasts 80's rock music. Exiting db BRASSERIE, such an elegant space, I did not expect to exit and here Twisted Sister raging; I can't say this proximity is ideal.

One can't slight Daniel Boulud for a leaking coffee pot and hair band bar next door, db BRASSERIE is all aces in my book.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Stopped in at Happy Hour for a break. Ordered a couple of apps from the HH menu... absolutely great! The fish and chips were wonderful, I could have eaten a basket full of that! The service was great as well. (except one of the hosts at the door, he might have been having a bad day) The bartender was friendly and quite helpful when it came to a beer discussion. If you find yourself needing a break from the casino this place is top notch and well worth the stop!