“Sushi Introduction ”

Description: 702-641-7772
Greenville, South Carolina
“Sushi Introduction ”
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

To be fair, I don't know sushi, but the guy I had dinner with knows it well.

I tried a couple of sushi's and it's not for me. He said it was outstanding.

I ended up with a Chicken Teriyaki bowl and it was very tasty. Lots of options for non-sushi lovers.

If you are dining with a sushi lover, check it out, there's lots of good stuff for you too.

Toronto, Ontario
“High Priced, poor taste”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I've been eating Japanese since around 1990, so I know good Japanese & I've eaten Japanese at many different restaurants. This was one of the first restaurants I ate at in Vegas when I arrived & I was excited to find Japanese right away. I went to do takeout late afternoon, as I was staying at Rumors across the street.

They also had problems with their phone line & their computer when it came time for me to pay by debit. Those things I can live with, the food is the most important thing to me.

First I can't believe that almost every roll was no less than $12-14, & many were much more than that. Now had it been great tasting I would have been satisfied, but it wasn't, so I felt like I wasted my money. Both rolls tasted the same to me & that speaks volumes.

The size of the rolls seemed small to me & even the miso soup portion seemed smaller than normal.

While the food certainly wasn't terrible, for $33 for 2 rolls, a salad & miso soup, I expected a lot more. I would never go back to this place.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great sushi, no tourists”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I love this place. I go as often as I can (I travel to Vegas almost once a month). You get away from the noise of the hotels (though this is just across the Hard Rock Hotel), great food... they even prepare what you want (I've had my rolls custom made... but maybe because they know me so well)... Anyway... I love it. Don;t expect nothing fancy... it's just to get away from the noise and have a nice quiet meal.

The very best: they are open till 4am or later. And since I am used to having dinner around 11pm or later, that helps a lot! (Amazingly, many many many many restaurants in Vegas close at 11pm... like STK at the Cosmopolitan, even though there are 500 people wanting to eat there... I really don't get it).

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Good sushi, great service, ok value”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Three of us came for a business lunch.
The service was excellent throughout. Orders were taken quickly, food came out pretty fast & our drinks & water were re-filled non-stop.
We over-ordered & tried 8 sushi rolls & all of them were good.
King of ocean roll, sexy roll, spicy rainbow roll, rock & roll roll are the ones I could remember.
We ordered them with Soy paper without an issue.
Music plays, but not too loud, so you could still have a nice business meal.
The only downside I saw was that as good as the rolls are, they were priced higher than most of the sushi places in the surrounding areas.
They do have lunch specials, but if you don't one of those - you're going to pay.

Cardiff-by-the-Sea, California, United States
“Good sushi, sub par service”
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed the Niguri and shashimi. Hand rolls were very good. Fish was fresh. The service, however, was very poor. My rating would have been much higher if not for the service.