“Great sushi, no tourists”
Review of Kaizen

Kaizen
Ranked #589 of 4,853 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Paradise
Description: 702-641-7772
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great sushi, no tourists”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I love this place. I go as often as I can (I travel to Vegas almost once a month). You get away from the noise of the hotels (though this is just across the Hard Rock Hotel), great food... they even prepare what you want (I've had my rolls custom made... but maybe because they know me so well)... Anyway... I love it. Don;t expect nothing fancy... it's just to get away from the noise and have a nice quiet meal.

The very best: they are open till 4am or later. And since I am used to having dinner around 11pm or later, that helps a lot! (Amazingly, many many many many restaurants in Vegas close at 11pm... like STK at the Cosmopolitan, even though there are 500 people wanting to eat there... I really don't get it).

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Good sushi, great service, ok value”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Three of us came for a business lunch.
The service was excellent throughout. Orders were taken quickly, food came out pretty fast & our drinks & water were re-filled non-stop.
We over-ordered & tried 8 sushi rolls & all of them were good.
King of ocean roll, sexy roll, spicy rainbow roll, rock & roll roll are the ones I could remember.
We ordered them with Soy paper without an issue.
Music plays, but not too loud, so you could still have a nice business meal.
The only downside I saw was that as good as the rolls are, they were priced higher than most of the sushi places in the surrounding areas.
They do have lunch specials, but if you don't one of those - you're going to pay.

Cardiff-by-the-Sea, California, United States
“Good sushi, sub par service”
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed the Niguri and shashimi. Hand rolls were very good. Fish was fresh. The service, however, was very poor. My rating would have been much higher if not for the service.

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Good Stuff!”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Awesome place for some GREAT sushi! The tempura veggies are awesome, especially the squash! The hallway to the restrooms very dark as are the restrooms themselves. I think it was an attempt at "cool" ambiance. I could have done with out the large screen rap on loud, but the two smaller tv's had NFL playoffs on, so it was fine. Give it a try!

Toronto
“Great Find Away From the Strip”
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I happened upon this restaurant on our last night in Vegas. The plaza in which the restaurant resides looked, at first, a bit sketchy. We looked in and took a chance and were not disappointed. This was the best meal we had in our four day stay.
The service was prompt and courteous. We sat at the bar and had the pleasure of watching one of the cooks produce works of art right before our eyes.
The food was varied and delicious. Prices are reasonable....our bill came out to $65 before tip. Local foodies seem to frequent the Kaizen and there was a Zaggat 2013 sticker on the window along with the preponderance of positive reviews on this site.
Go here and avoid the over-priced resto on the strip....at least for one meal.

Visited January 2014