“Stay outta the buffet and tighten that butt!”

Pole Fitness Studio
New York City, New York
98 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 215 helpful votes
“Stay outta the buffet and tighten that butt!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

I'm a pole-for-fitness fan and always take a class when I'm traveling. Fawnia's pole studio is a welcoming place for locals and visitors alike. Every student gets her own pole, and there are classes for all skill/experience level -- including "pole virgins" and "pole cougars." There are also classes for striptease and other sexy non-pole dance.

Studio is in a strip mall just west of The Palms, so it's about a $15 taxi from most Strip locations.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Bagan

Ashland, Oregon, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Pole Expo worth every penny.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I plan to attend next year. I met the coolest chicks on the planet here, and learned everything I wanted to know about pole fitness.

Visited September 2012
Salinas, California
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Must Do!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Had blast for my BF's Bachelorette bash. Great instructor, definetly tips of seduction I can use on husband. An awesome time and always got quick responses on questions and accomodations needed.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun, Fun, Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2010

I decided I wanted to take dance lessons to get back into shape. After some research, I decided to try out Pole Fitness Studio. I was originally only going to take the Hip Hop and Ballet Toning class, but decided to give pole dancing a try. I am so glad that I did! My first lesson was with Fawnia and she is a hoot! That girl knows her stuff and even better can teach it. She choreographed a little routine for us beginners to help us better understand and remember the moves. So much fun! After taking her class, I immediately signed up for Pole Level 1 and Striptease the very next day. My instructor that time was Lisa. She's an Aussie and so adorable, but man she can dance! She's more technical, but I really think I needed that for my second class. She was a great teacher, and even stayed late to help me with my jazz splits.

I have since taken the Hip Hop Pole class with Isa and the Ballet Toning class with Judy. Again, I could speak volumes on their great attitudes and professionalism. Fawnia really knows how to pick great instructors who know how to teach while making their students feel confident and have a great time.

The $99/month membership is absolutely the way to go and believe me you will want it after taking checking the studio out.

2 Thank luckylindyhopper
Southwest
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't Miss- Such a Blast!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2010

This facility absolutely has something for everyone- from expressive yoga, to booty camp, and all levels of pole work and much more! The instructors are professional, poised, and phenomenally fit- but, more importantly, they're fun, energetic and motivational!!! They are inclusive to each member of every class and work hard to ensure everyone is working, getting stronger, and enjoying themselves.

The routines and workouts are so fun, it's often surprising how hard you've worked! Confidence abounds within the long-term members, and is quickly contagious to all newcomers! No dance experience is necessary and there are people of every shape and size. The staff (and super-friendly members) make sure that people of all experience and backgrounds understand the skills fully and break the movements down to suit any level of fitness.

I joined the gym to get in shape for my wedding, and after my first couple of classes decided that this was the only "can't miss" stop for my bachelorette party:) I've been to two other pole parties for other brides-to-be, and the setup at Pole Fitness is superior. There's more space and more poles (so less sharing and no wait time) and the staff works hard to make the group feel special and have a blast!

Long review short: this is a unique and special gym with a caring team of teachers and an awesome variety of classes- totally worth it:)