“Very Good Steak - But You Pay For It.”
Review of STRIPSTEAK

STRIPSTEAK
Reserve with OpenTable
STRIPSTEAK is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #117 of 4,934 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: The Strip
Cross street: Las Vegas Blvd & Hacienda Ave
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This was my fourth time dining at Strip Steak and my best overall experience so far. Be aware the dining room is somewhat loud. The duck fat fries are a complimentary appetizer served with sauces and are wonderful. The steaks were cooked to order, be conscious that there cooking temps run to the rare side, mid rare steak was seared nicely but on the rare side as were the two medium steaks ordered. The smallest filet is 10oz, unfortunately for those who would like a smaller option ($48), sides were mostly glutten free which is a great surprise, $12-$15. The trio of sauces ($6) were quite tasty. We were attending an event and made a reservation, they get quite busy.

There are newer reviews for STRIPSTEAK

Reviewed September 17, 2012

You must try the fries, awesome.... The food is great, has flavor and fun atmosphere.. Will be back again.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Excellent choice for a meal in Vegas. We had the $100 off coupon via restaurant.com.

Made reservations the day before and trust me you will need to do the same. This restaurant was packed to capacity and it was Monday. Four in our party - seated right away with our reservations. Waiter was wonderful, very knowledgable about the menu and recommendations.

They do bring the 3 different fries as an appetizer and they were okay. I'm sure they would be fabulous if you like that kind of thing.

Really wonderful meal, I had the heirloom tomato salad and my husband had the Tiger Prawns for an app. Holy cow - I don't know what type of cheese they used on the tomato salad, but wow, amazingly good. I am going to look that cheese up and I will pay 20 bucks a pound for it or more. Seriously awesome. Prawns were fab as well.

Hubby and I split the 30 oz Porterhouse and glad we did. Perfectly seasoned and perfectly cooked. Could cut it with a butter knife. Huge steak that fed us leftover the next day. I ordered the Marrow Bones as a side to the steak and OMG good - I would absoletly pay $15 bucks for that side anyday/anytime.

Sister had Scallops and they were divine. BIL had Wagu Ribeye and although really good, the Porterhouse was much better. Likely it's a personal choice, because he raved abou the Ribeye. We also had the Blue Cheese Scallops as a side on the recommendation from the waiter. Couldn't eat those - the Blue Cheese was soooo overpowering. I'm sure some folks would love it, just too much Blue for us. Waiter happily volunteered to take it off our bill when he saw we barely touched it.

With drinks (after coupon) bill was about 125'ish I believe. Worth it. We will absolutely be going back to Strip Steak on our next trip to Vegas.

Enjoy.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

After scoring a $50 restaurant.com gift certificate for $8, we decided to celebrate our anniversary at Stripsteak. We had grand expectations, after noting that the least expensive entree was a Kobe beef burger for $25. The restaurant was packed on a Sunday at 6:45 p.m. The place was so loud and hectic that we were literally yelling to each other and the waitstaff. The service was slow and the meal was good, but definitely not worth what would have been $300 for 4 people, including a glass of the cheapest red at $13 and a simple cocktail at $12, had we not had the $50 gift certificate. Everything is a la carte, adding about $45 for 3 sides to share. If we had chosen even moderately priced entrees, rather than some of the least expensive, we would have spent considerably more. To their credit, they did start everybody out with a trio of duck fat fries and dipping sauces, which were delicious. We would have been very satisfied with a "regular" steakhouse meal in a quieter, more intimate setting. Save your money and go to an Outback, or any other steak place!

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We were in Vegas from 8/17 - 8/25. We visited StripSteak on a Monday night. We had called the day before to make reservations. I'm glad we did as it was still very busy when we arrived for our 9pm reservation. We were seated immediately. The service was top notch and our waiter was very attentive, but not overly attentive. He was there when we needed him, but left us alone so we could enjoy company and meal. There were 2 couples and each of us had a restaurant.com coupon for $50 off. We informed the waiter upon arriving that we each had a coupon and he indicated that it would not be a problem for each couple to use their coupon.

They brought out 3 different types of fries, with 3 different types of dipping sauces that were so good.

The steaks were cooked to perfection, juicy, tender and absolutely amazing. Some of the best steak we've ever had. I also had the scallops and they melted in your mouth. We ordered the blue cheese potato au gratin and none of us could eat it. It had such a heavy blue cheese taste that it overpowered the dish. When our waiter came back he asked us if we liked the au gratin as we had hardly touched it. We all told him that we didn't care for it. He apologized and we told him that it wasn't his fault.

He brought our bills and told us that since we didn't like the au gratin he took it off the bill. We stated that he didn't need to do that, but we appreciated it. He also stated that he did not add in the 18% gratuity as stated on the coupons. He told us that he didn't think it was right to add the tip in if we didn't feel he deserved it. He received much more than an 18% tip from both couples!!
Our total bill, after the discount was $196. Worth every penny.

Two minor things about the restaurant. It was very loud. So loud that we had to lean in over the table to hear each other. Yes it was busy, but we all found it odd that it was so loud. Even the waiter told us that it was loud. The other issue is the bathrooms. They have very dim lighting, coupled with the dark tile, makes it so dark. Very hard to see in the mirror. Neither of these two would deter us from returning. Next trip to Vegas StripSteak is on our to do list!