“A great time”

Grand Adventures Tours
Ranked #1 of 230 Tours in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We use 15 Passenger vans! Please make sure you enjoy personal, small group settings and can travel in 15 passenger vans before booking with us. Grand-Adventures Tours specializes in fully-guided, small group tours to the Grand Canyon South Rim and Grand Canyon West Rim. All group sizes are 10 or less, fully guided and narrated, include a McDonald's breakfast, a picnic lunch, and fantastic guiding throughout your whole tour. Our goal is eliminate all commercial aspects of a tour by treating each of you like a friend visiting from out-of-town for a day. Our service is very personal and friendly and includes just the right touch of educational information, friendship, and service. What makes us so different is that we build, manage, and execute our tours from our customer's point-of-view. We don't add or do anything to our customers that we know we would not like ourselves. Please visit our website for pricing, terms and conditions, and all tour itineraries. Tours to the Grand Canyon are 15 hours in length.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Launceston, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“A great time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

What can I say about this tour, first our guide Chad was fantastic he is very knowledgeable about the canyon, he has a great personality and is very attentive to his guests.
We were picked up from our hotel promptly introduced to our travelling companions and set off for wonderful day.
The food provided was basic but very tasty and quite enough.
The day is very long but that is explained in the information provide by the company, so no surprises.
The only criticism my wife Ros and I have is that the van we travelled in is getting a bit tired, there were rips in the seats and the bench seats are very hard and uncomfortable for such a long trip.
Keep up the good work Chad.

Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Does not disappoint!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

I chose this because of TripAdvisor reviews and I was not disappointed. Going in a minivan and getting to know something about everyone on the trip was more than nice.
The only difference between the trip details from other reviews here is that instead of a McDonalds breakfast we had a Burger King breakfast. Tracye, our tour guide, knew the usual McDonalds were not keeping themselves up as time had gone on with them using them and made a change of venue. I am not a Burger King person but I was surprised at how nice the Burger King was and good the meal was. She chose well.
All other details are the same, from Hoover Dam to Route 66 to the Grand Canyon.
I got to sit in the passenger side as I was going it alone and Tracye kept me company for most of the trip and was so super nice to me. We got along well enough that I got to get a BFF hug goodbye at the end of the day. She's an amazing tour guide.
"Luck" also helped on my trip as it was raining off and on in the area, and when we got to the Grand Canyon, then the sun came out exactly how you would want it. I was able to get a couple hundred pictures of a gorgeous sunset over the Grand Canyon. Tracye also helped me take a couple of pictures I could not get by myself since I was alone. It was magical for me.

La Habra, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Best way to see the Grand Canyon if you don't have a lot of time.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I booked this trip after checking out the reviews on TA. Our kids were not too thrilled about the prospect of taking a 15 hour van ride and I had to manage their expectations accordingly :) We were picked up on time by Julio and spent the day with 4 other people. One of the reasons why I booked this tour was because of the breakfast at McDonalds; you can't go wrong with this option. The other tours offered muffins and orange juice; not substantial enough if you ask me. Julio was very enthusiastic and made sure that he spent time answering questions with everyone. He also made sure that everyone was comfortable and got plenty to eat during the ride. Our stops at the Hoover Dam and Seligman were just right; he even took pictures of us; liked this because we had a couple of solo travelers in our group. The piece d'resistance of course was the visit to the Grand Canyon - wow!!! Amazing!!! It was the perfect weather - not too hot, not too cold. One of the things I appreciated about our tour guide was that he kept an eye on the weather and kept this in mind as we progressed through the drive. We hiked to our spot to watch the sunset and was grateful that we did not have to hike back down.. Thanks Julio for driving the van to pick us up; much appreciated. Even though it was a pricey tour for a family of 5; it was very well worth it. The drive back seemed to go pretty fast and we were treated to a good view of the Milky Way. I highly recommend this to families - but if you have young ones, please make sure they have plenty of entertainment along the way, otherwise they will get bored fairly quickly :) Last but not the least, I so very highly appreciate the fact that Tipping was not mentioned at all during the trip - How refreshing is that? Thank you Grand Adventures!!

1 Thank 3amigosmom
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great day!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Julio picked us up right on time. Our family of four were joined by 5 others and off we went for our daytrip adventure to the South Rim. The van was OK. The stops along the way were perfect in number and location. The snacks provided were plentiful and the sandwiches were great. The day is a long one, so be prepared. However, it is worth the trip. The Canyon is amazing. Make sure you go to the South Rim....best spot to walk, eat, take photos, etc. Julio was a great guide - funny, knowledgeable and thoughtful. He really wants your day to be memorable! .This company communicated fully with us before the trip - clear instructions. We also forgot a couple of items on the van....they returned them to our hotel the very next day!

2 Thank Mike T
“Awesome day !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Pick up from hotel was great. Our guide Kevin was awesome - heaps of info through out the trip, he was more than happy to take photos all day, took us to 5 different viewing points during the walk with each one getting better and better. Best part of this tour company is the smaller groups , and the stops along the way at the Hoover Dam & Seligma Route 66 really make the trip worth while and we got a total of 5 hours at the Grand Canyon exploring which is a great amount of time compared to other company's. Highly recommend & thanks Kevin !

Visited September 2013