“mom and daughter get away day”

Grand Adventures Tours
Ranked #1 of 230 Tours in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We use 15 Passenger vans! Please make sure you enjoy personal, small group settings and can travel in 15 passenger vans before booking with us. Grand-Adventures Tours specializes in fully-guided, small group tours to the Grand Canyon South Rim and Grand Canyon West Rim. All group sizes are 10 or less, fully guided and narrated, include a McDonald's breakfast, a picnic lunch, and fantastic guiding throughout your whole tour. Our goal is eliminate all commercial aspects of a tour by treating each of you like a friend visiting from out-of-town for a day. Our service is very personal and friendly and includes just the right touch of educational information, friendship, and service. What makes us so different is that we build, manage, and execute our tours from our customer's point-of-view. We don't add or do anything to our customers that we know we would not like ourselves. Please visit our website for pricing, terms and conditions, and all tour itineraries. Tours to the Grand Canyon are 15 hours in length.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
pickerington, ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“mom and daughter get away day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2008

Wow! What a great time! My daughter lives/ works in the NYC area and was longing for some "back to nature" time. My idea of time away was to see some neon lights! Our comprimise was a trip to Las Vegas and a side trip to the Grand Canyon. I have always wanted to see the Grand Canyon and I was not disappointed in the least! From the time we made our reservations until we were dropped back at the door of our hotel, Grand Adventures delivered on everything promised. Darryl (the owner) was our driver and guide. He arrived for the pick up on time and even waited at a different door than we were, but came around to find us. The trip out to the canyon was scenic, although I would advise you take some form of entertainment as it is a long trip. The stop at Hoover dam was a surprise to me, and although we had been there before, it was neat to see the new bridge under construction and the huge drop in water level since our last trip. Darryl wasn't kidding when he said order as much and whatever you choose at our breakfast stop at McD's. He didn't even grimace when we all ordered large quantities! We got to spend a lot of time at the canyon and got to walk quite a bit more than the folks that came in on the huge busses. The provided lunch was very good and satisfying. Darryl was an awesome guide as he was able to answer any question we had, but didn't insist we stay totally together so he could lecture. It was exactly the type of trip I wanted. We are ready to go back to see Zion and Bryce and maybe the west rim! Thanks, Darryl and Grand Adventures for the memories!

Jan Edgerton
Pickerington, Ohio

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Newfoundland Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Highly recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2008

I went on this tour in April. This tour was exactly what I was looking for. We were picked up on time and left to see the Hoover Dam and Grand Canyon. When we got to the Hoover Dam we got out and walked across the dam and took a few pictures,then we left to see the Grand Canyon which is amazing. Darryl was a very good guide and he let you spend as much time as you wanted at the canyon and never rushed anyone. Darryl took a lot of pictures when we were on the tour and sent us a cd. The cd was very well done. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS TOUR COMPANY IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE HOOVER DAM AND THE GRAND CANYON.

1 Thank BIGDT
ENGLAND
“The best way to see the Grand Canyon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2008

April 2008,
We have recently returned from Vegas after getting married. We had a fantastic trip and the day we spent with Darryl was an amazing experience. He is a truly hardworking friendly guy who goes out of his way to make your trip to the Canyon a really personal experience. We were on the Sunset Tour and although the day is an extremely long one, it is really worth it when you reach the Canyon and take in the spectacular views. Throughout the day whilst being very informative, and providing a lovely lunch, Darryl was also taking many photographs of not only the beautiful surroundings, but also of members of the group (who incidentally were really nice people!). Once we were back home we received a lovely CD of pictures of ourselves and the views all set to music. This was a really nice touch which was free of charge and somethng that would not be offered by many other companies All in all, if you are looking for a relaxed, friendly and thoroughly enjoyable way to see the Grand Canyon, this is the only way to go!!! Enjoy!
Kim and Andrew Henderson, England

London
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Stunning Views and Unforgetable Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2008

We booked the Sunset Tour to the Grand Canyon with Darryl for the 17th April 2008. Prior to arriving we booked the tour with Darryl and communicated via internet. I recommend if you plan on booking that you do it as soon as possible as their are many bookings taken in advance and its not suprising as Darryl offers a great service. We didn't even have to pay in advance and Darryl said it was fine to pay on the day of the tour.

Darryl collected us promptly at our hotel as planned and we had our breakfast at McDonalds then stopped at the Hoover Dam. At the Grand Canyon we had a lovely picnic provided by Darryl and the sandwiches, fruit and wine was delicious.

Darryl was very informative and has a great sense of humour which all added to make this tour a unforgottable experience. He was always very courteous and carrying and looks after all the people who travel with him.

I highly recommend anyone who visits Las Vegas and wishes to see the Grand Canyon to book with Darryl. Don't bother to book with the big tour company as you will not get the personal touch that Darryl provides.

Thank you Darryl for a great time.

Best Wishes

Tim and Judy

2 Thank Ger0nim0
Toronto, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2008

It was way better then I had imagined!
When my mom told me we were going to be doing a 4 hour hike in the canyon I freaked, this was supposed to be a vacation, not work. Turns out the 4 hours went by so fast it seemed like we had just arrived.
We were picked up at 9am in the morning which was a change from the original 6am (a little more sleep is always nice). We had a nice group of 8 for our tour. We stopped at McDonalds for our breakfast and off to the dam we were. We spent a little more then 20 minutes enough for some pictures. The drive to the canyon was long, much of it I don't remember because I admit I slept. We made a little pit stop at a place called Seligman, which is on the famous Route 66.
Once we got to the canyon we started our adventure. We ate our lunch/dinner just a little after we got there; this consisted of an amazing sandwich, cheese and crackers, fruit, cookies and wine for those who wanted. We did a lot of walking after but nothing to strenuous. Once we had reached the panicle we found a nice spot to relax and wait for the sunset which was absolutely amazing.
Overall this tour was TOTALLY amazing.