“Exceeded my expectations!”

Grand Adventures Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: GRAND CANYON TOURS - WE USE 15 PASSENGER VANS on our tours from Las Vegas! Please make sure you enjoy personal, small group settings and can travel in 15 passenger vans before booking with us. Grand-Adventures Tours specializes in fully-guided, small group tours to the Grand Canyon South Rim and Grand Canyon West Rim. All group sizes are 10 or less, fully guided and narrated, include a McDonald's breakfast, a picnic lunch, and fantastic guiding throughout your whole tour. Our goal is eliminate all commercial aspects of a tour by treating each of you like a friend visiting from out-of-town for a day. Our service is very personal and friendly and includes just the right touch of educational information, friendship, and service. What makes us so different is that we build, manage, and execute our tours from our customer's point-of-view. We don't add or do anything to our customers that we know we would not like ourselves. Please visit our website for pricing, terms and conditions, and all tour itineraries. Tours to the Grand Canyon are 15 hours in length.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Exceeded my expectations!”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I read a lot of reviews for Grand Canyon tours prior to this trip. My boyfriend and I were initially going to do one that was about half the price. But after reading about Grand Adventures Tours it seemed like it was worth the extra money, and it was well well worth it.
While waiting to be picked up I received a phone call that they were on there way. Once they arrived Alfonso introduced himself and the other couple he had picked up. We then picked up another girl and went to pick up another couple who ended up canceling last minute. So it only ended up being 5 of us on the tour. Alfonso kept the conversation going the entire trip. He was very knowledgeable and provided a wealth of information for us.
The drive was long but the views were great and there were plenty of stops. Van was comfortable. The initial view of the Grand Canyon is absolutely breathtaking. We got to spend plenty of time taking in the views. The lunch they provided was great and we got to eat while looking out on the canyon. After lunch we walked to different points. All along the way Alfonso took pictures for everyone in the group. He is a great photographer! He knew exactly where to stand for the best pictures. Really helpful and something you wouldn't get in a large group tour.
We watched the sunset. It was a little cloudy but still beautiful.
We stopped at a little gift shop where we were walking around but they didn't have what we were looking for. Alfonso took us to a larger store before we left.
All together, the trip was an amazing experience. I've always wanted to see the Grand Canyon and it was definitely worth it, just a beautiful, breathtaking place. But to add to it was the experience we had with Alfonso and the others on our tour group. Alfonso is fascinating and has a great story to share. He was so kind and attentive to the whole group. He spoke 5 languages and there was a couple there that spoke mostly Spanish. Most of the facts he told us in English, he translated to them in Spanish.
We ended the day feeling like we spent the day with friends and were sad to leave them. Going from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon is a long trip, it was worth every penny to spend it with a tour group as great as Grand Adventures. I would recommend this tour to anyone.

2 Thank rml0121

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Fun Day Trip from a Vegas Local.”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I decided to take a day trip to the Grand Canyon. I choose "Grand Adventures Tour" from all the great reviews from Tripadvisor. Well, this tour did not disappoint. The sunset was gorgeous; the day was perfect - so that was luck on our side. The best part about this trip was the guide, Trayce! She was personable, out going and informative. I felt well-taken of and she knew the canyon like the back of her hand. I liked that she was from the area, knew the area and had great stories. I have lived in Vegas for over 5 years and definitely could have driven to the Grand Canyon but I wanted to relax, not drive and just feel taken care of. I sure did on every level. We had breakfast at Mc Donald's in Henderson. I loved the fact that Mc D's were use to Grand Adventure Tours, so everyone knew our guide and the other guides by name. We stopped at Kingman & Seligman and there was fun places to hang and shop for a short amount of time. Then, we had really good Arby's sandwiches from the cooler the guide brought and ate on the way to the Grand Canyon.

At the Grand Canyon, since Trayce does this for a living, I felt at ease about her knowing where she was going and driving on the snow/ice. She knew exactly where to get the best views and where we would have somewhat of privacy from the rest of the regular tourists. The views are amazing as you would expect from the Grand Canyon. Trayce knew how to talk to the different people from different countries that accompanied the tour. So, it was just fun and relaxing. Exactly what I needed to get out of town and away. This tour was good for locals as well as tourists!

Oh yeah, the sunset was magnificient!

Cronulla, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Tour”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

When I heard the length Grand Canyon visit I was somewhat expecting a basic bus trip but it ended up to be clearly greater than expected. The tour guide was great , entertaining and a person who was very aware of the facts and details of not just the tour but the state and beyond. The bus group headed into snow but this was not detraction and I really enjoyed this experience and would certainly recommend as a must do especially with this group and tour guide. Cost was one of value, undertook on 28th Jan 13

1 Thank worthwhiletrip
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great day, service beyond expectations”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

What an amazing day! Our experience was like most reviewers have said - on time pick-up, interesting group of people, good food, fun side stop at Seligman (though most shops were closed), and a great guide (Kevin). As we arrived at the GC main lodge we were greeted by an amazing rainbow over the canyon (we ended up seeing several during the course of the day, including a double rainbow). Due to the cold, sometimes rainy weather, we ate inside the lodge. The food was ample and just as described on the website. We drove along the south rim stopping at all the observation areas. During the course of the day we experienced sun, rain, sleet (maybe a little hail mixed in), strong winds and a lovely sunset. PLEASE read the website regarding proper clothing for the day. All in all, a wonderful trip. After returning home I realized that I did not have the souvenirs that I purchased on the trip. I called Grand-Adventures and they not only found my bag in the van but they are going to mail it to me free of charge (I offered to repay them). My 1st trip to the canyon met and exceeded my expectations - I highly recommend this tour.

Bradford, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I cant even explain how amazing this trip was in all ways. Having been to the Grand Canyon twice previously using different tour companies, I wasnt that excited about going again however I was travelling with 2 friends who were first time visitors. I decided on this trip as I liked the fact it was a small group and that we would get to see the Canyon at sunset. Well what can i say other than this was the best trip ever. Brett out Tour Guide was the best, so informative and obviously a massive fan of the canyon himself and that came across in how he spoke about it and his enthusiasm about the Canyon and Route 66. From the moment we were picked up we were made to feel like part of the group, being introduced to the other guests so we could get to know one another. I could write a full essay on how amazing this trip was but I wont do it justice, all I would say is if you are thinking of booking a trip to the Canyon, forget all the others, this is the company to go with. All your needs are taken care of and you will enjoy a full day of beautiful sights and information. Oh and I have to add a note about the picnic lunch, it was amazing. So much fresh food and amazing views, the sandwich was that big I had to save half for the evening as I couldnt eat it all.