“Huge disappointment”

Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Hugh Hefner Dr. and Flamingo
Description: With superb cuisine and a cutting edge atmosphere, Nove offers guests signature Italian favorites including Shrimp Francaise, Veal Agnolotti, Chicken Parmigiana, Risotto and more, as well as a breathtaking view of the famed Las Vegas Strip 51 stories below.
Reviewed February 10, 2014

What a disappointment this restaurant was. After reading reviews posted here, we decided to book a dinner reservation. The service couldn't have been better - we were immediately descended upon by two waiters who unfolded our napkins, presented us with menus and wine list, and asked if we preferred carbonated or plain water. I was surprised to find that there were no table linens--no table cloths or placemats. Not a big deal I suppose, but something that I would expect to find in an upscale restaurant. I was most surprised/disappointed when I asked if the pasta was fresh and was told that only the ravioli were made in-house. And the menu is a la carte. My spouse had the Nove Spaghetti. There were 3 shrimp, 2 scallops, and 1/2 lobster claw in the dish. $49 for that? It was okay, but certainly nothing that I would go out of my way to have again. We also ordered the chicken parm. It was good, but hugely overpriced at $29 for two small chicken cutlets. A 1/2 order of spaghetti on the side was $11. We were delivered no more than 1 cup of pasta. And the marinara sauce was not good. We shared a bottle of chianti, no dessert and no appetizer. The bill was nearly $200. As I said, the service couldn't have been better, the waiters were attentive and very pleasant. The view is spectacular at night. But overall, not worth the price of dinner. I would not recommend this restaurant and would not eat here again.

1  Thank reesecat

Reviewed January 31, 2014

My husband and I had 2 nights in Las Vegas recently and were dying for some authentic Italian. Not a steak or seafood restaurant with an Italian twist, but delicious homemade pastas with traditional methods of preparation. Nove was perfect. The Chicken Masala and Veal Scaloppini were wonderful. We had a cold seafood plate as a starter that was delicious and a yummy strawberry dessert! Solid wine selection as well. Couldn't have been more perfect. Now the Palms is not a happening spot, it's nothing if not a bit on the tired side, but the 51st floor did have a view (of the Palm's sign predominantly; -) so go with that in mind; but it was just what we were craving.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Excellent service! I'll say it one more time: excellent service!! From the moment we sat down we were made to feel like we were the special guests of the evening. Our server made an excellent wine selection for us and we had several courses, all of which were SO good. (With the exception of the salmon Tartar. It was complements of the chef and was really fishy. I live in Alaska though, so I'm super picky about my fish. No harm done, just didn't eat it.)
The different pasta dishes and sides were to die for!! And it really wasn't as expensive as it seemed like it would be. Fantastic engagement dinner for my fiancé and I! We'll be back for sure.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

The best pasta in town and i eat at many cuisine's the food is marvelous well prepared and simply delicious the service is excellent .

Reviewed January 8, 2014

With stunning views of the Strip from the 51st floor of the Palms Fantasy Tower, attentive service, and flawlessly prepared Italian cuisine, we savored a delightful, romantic dinner. Our waiter gave us a complementary pass to the Ghost Bar in the Ivory Tower, and we were thrilled with the outdoor terrace and its incredible view of the Strip.