“Picturesque lunch”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Strip
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I had a great lunch at the Wynn Country Club. The patio overlooks the 18 th hole of the golf course and a beautiful waterfall.

The service was excellent and the food superb. We took pictures and sent them to friends back home because we couldn't believe the view. Hard to believe we were in Las Vegas!

If you are looking for a quiet, delicious lunch, try this restaurant. It is a bit pricey - a two course lunch for two with tip was almost $100, but it is worth the splurge

There are newer reviews for The Country Club

Reviewed December 6, 2012

This was the second time we've enjoyed the "jazz brunch" on Sunday at the Country Club. We had such a good time - and meal - there last year that we planned immediately to go again this trip. The decor is nice, the view is really something - overlooking both a waterfall AND the Wynn golf course. Strange in the middle of the Strip to look at all that lovely green. The actual brunch is not cheap ($65) but worth every penny, in our estimation. Starting off with one of my favorites, a veritiable mountain of shrimp with different sauces, and someone opening fresh ice-cold oysters, definitely not your run-of-the-mill buffet! There are pots of gumbo and corn chowder, pastries, a carving station with several lovely roasts, and the desserts! When you are seated the server explains that there are also several choices of entrees included: french toast bread pudding, shrimp and grits, and a marvelous pork barbecue over muffins topped with poached eggs, among other items. These are brought to the table when requested, along with great cocktails or wine. Oh, you can have as many of these as you would like - one of each? No problem. Definitely a place to go on an empty stomach - and you won't need to eat for the rest of the day. When we were there Steve Wynn himself was at the next table along with Paul Anka, they all seemed to be enjoying the brunch as much as we were. You never know who you're going to see in Vegas! The service both times was perfection, the band was extraordinary and I have a feeling we'll be making that our Sunday morning stop again next year.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

My friend and I were staying at the Wynn and decided to go to the Country Club for supper on Saturday night. We had a lovely meal (the foie gras appetizer was superb!) with a nice bottle of red wine in a picturesque setting and the service was exquisite. A bit pricey but well worth the money spent?

Reviewed November 29, 2012

We were expecting Wynn Quality for a double birthday lunch. It was Sunday Jazz Brunch. When I called the gay concierge number to make reservations I was more than a little concerned to the tone of the representative. I was "sternly instructed as to the dress code and to be punctual as to my reservation time". Curious. When we arrived we were reminded that our reservation was for 12:30 not 12:20..... so much for being punctual, we waited patiently. We were in dress slacks, dress shirts and shoes, sport coats as instructed. At 12:30 the alarm must have gone off.... we were called. I requested a table with a view of the golf course.... main dinning room. We were seated in the bar area..... not impressed. The table had a cloth, 2 napkins with a fork and spoon on each and a bowel with sweetener packets. That was it the rest of the table was abandoned, nothing, not center piece nothing. The table cloth was extra long and kept catching on my leg as I got up to go to the buffet and kept pulling off the table. The table was sofa/booth seating on one side and a chair on the other. The booth/sofa was extra deep, almost as a daybed. Skipp it, ask to be moved. Half the folks there were not dressed properly to the dress code I was told about. Blue jeans and t-shirts with a design. They weren't Ed Hardy.......
We visited the buffet and I would estimate maybe 20% of the stations were empty. Nothing, nada. Two or three trips to sample what I was interested in eating and some were never replaced while we were there. My $65 brunch included 2 crab legs (I believe Snow Crab not King) no drawn butter. A thin slice of Fillet.... served cold?? Never heard of that and the taste doesn't improve cold. A piece of dry turkey breast..... also cold. A croissant. A small portion of salad.... I took the last. And a chocolate strawberry. I found a cheese bar with crackers tucked between 2 pillars. The cheese and crackers were a pleasant supprise and quite good. Still not worth $65. The stations never did all refill so I really couldn't comment on the assortment.
The music was fairly good but in no way enough to make up for a unplesant brunch.
The total atmosphere was lacking for Wynn, no over the top amenities, nothing. This is the first time I have been dissapointed in Wynn.
Total for our duel birthday lunches $189.00 with tip. We gave them 2 stars because they responded to our complaints. Will we return, NO!

6  Thank Craig C
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Good steak house but nothing special that you couldn't find in most cities. Service ok, atmosphere ok, wouldn't go back. Seems to target the wealthy that don't feel like venturing out of the hotel.