“Great - went the extra mile because of my food allergies...”
Review of B & B Ristorante

B & B Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
B & B Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #330 of 4,894 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
arkansas
“Great - went the extra mile because of my food allergies...”
Reviewed March 3, 2009

We made our reservations before we left home and I explained that I could not eat glutten or shellfish both of which comprise a hefty amount of space on their menu. I booked our table early 5:45. The waitress and the chef had been made aware of my allergies and were ready with suggestions. They even have a special gluten-free pasta that was absolutely delicious. I had fish and my husband had the pork chop both of which were prepared perfectly. We split the lemon pudding for dessert and it was also great. It is more northern Italy than the heavy red sauce and pasta of Naples and the portions are smaller than what we usually get in American restaurants so you won't leave with that OMG I ate too much but neither will you leave hungry. Our server was a doll and the service spectacular. I felt it was one of our best meals while in Vegas and would definately eat at this restaurant and any other that he owns again.

3 Thank Susan C

Saskatchewan
“Worth trying”
Reviewed February 3, 2009

Myself andf two female friends went for a very late dinner here on a Friday night. We did not have reservations, so we sat at the bar until a table opened up for us. Our mixologist, Steve, was wonderful! We were not sure what to order, so he made us three different martinis and all were great!
We only waited 1/2 for a table. The hostess was wonderful and polite. Our server was great and answered our questions. We did not have a lot of time to eat, so we just ordered a pasta dish. I had the spaggettini with lobster. The pasta was cooked perfectly and the flavor devine. The only thing that I did mention to our server was that the lobster was "chewy" and she informed me that it was b/c it was not cooked in it's shell (not sure if that is true or a cop out?).
There did not seem to be any vegetarian alternatives on the Menu and a lot of the menu has different meats ie: rabbit, ox, lamb.
Overall we were very happy. Loved the David Bowie music and we would go back for a drink from Steve again.

1 Thank sktnchk
Nj
“Best meal in Vegas”
Reviewed January 9, 2009

I guess it is all in what you order. Order fettucini and/or gnocci and you will have a perfect meal.

1 Thank drivinggirl
Surrey
“The foodwas too salty...”
Reviewed December 25, 2008

Being ardent fans of Batali in Iron Chef America, we were so excited about going to the restaurants in the Venetian.

I had grilled octopus with lemoncello vinegarette and fettucine with clams for main. I could not believe it when I first tasted it. It was so salty and I left it. The clams were so salty it was bitter and the pasta was not cooked, not al dente.

Even our dessert apple strudel was salty.

My husband , being English normally takes it all in. But this time he was angry . It was unfortunate that he had to sit facing the food bin, watching scaps of food emptied in to th bin all night and it was quite off putting to say the least..

The server was polite but frankly not concern if we enjoy our food at all. We left most of our food untouched, that is a clue mate.

Given the numerous negative comments in the reviews for B&B on the various websites, this is obviously not a one -off.

I hope Batali would take these comments as they were intended and rectify them quickly as it would be such a waste as he is undoubtedly talented.

3 Thank Foodie_Khong
Carlsbad, California
“Mixed feelings.”
Reviewed October 1, 2008

We dined at B&B on Saturday evening, Sept 27. We called to book a reservation and was told they were full - unless we dined early at 5:30.

When we arrived the restaurant was empty. We were seated at a table in the middle of the room. It was 3 of us. Two adults and one child (10).

We decided to try the tasting menu. This menu offers a 6 course meal at $99 a person. The catch is that everyone at the table must participate. For another $70 per person they will bring a different glass of wine with each course that compliments the cuisine.

As stated in other reviews, the portions are quite small. That being said - if you are tasting 6 courses then the portions are perfect. Otherwise you would be too full to enjoy your entire meal.

The service was excellent. The restaurant filled up and was packed by the time we left. The food was "interesting." My husband loved all of it - and is a huge Iron Chef America fan. My daughter and I did not like the fettucine with baby octopus. Ewww. :) We all liked the Lamb Saddle the best.

By the end of 6 courses and 6 glasses of wine I was pretty tipsy. My head was spinning and I ended up with a killer hangover from drinking so many different kinds of wine.

Just the same, I think it was a good experience for my daughter and exposed her to new things. Our bill was over $500.

Would I go there again? Probably not.
Although I did not feel the place was pretentious.... it was over priced.

Here's what our menu consisted of:
1. B&B Proscuitto with Gnocco Fritto (wine - Tocai Friulano, Bastianich 2006)
2. Cavatelli with Tomato Conserva and Ham Hock (wine - Rosato, Bastianich 2006
3. Lovage Fettuccini with Braised Baby Octopus (wine - Valpolicella, Nicolis 2006)
4. Lame Saddle with Pecorino Zabaglione (wine - Poggio al Moro, Enrico Santini 2006)
5. Pecorino Tasting (wine - Dindarello, Maculan 2006
6. Grape Sorbetto (wine - Pineto, Marenco 2007)

1 Thank pipermama