“Best meal in Vegas”
Review of B & B Ristorante

B & B Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
B & B Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #347 of 4,850 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Nj
“Best meal in Vegas”
Reviewed January 9, 2009

I guess it is all in what you order. Order fettucini and/or gnocci and you will have a perfect meal.

1 Thank drivinggirl

Surrey
“The foodwas too salty...”
Reviewed December 25, 2008

Being ardent fans of Batali in Iron Chef America, we were so excited about going to the restaurants in the Venetian.

I had grilled octopus with lemoncello vinegarette and fettucine with clams for main. I could not believe it when I first tasted it. It was so salty and I left it. The clams were so salty it was bitter and the pasta was not cooked, not al dente.

Even our dessert apple strudel was salty.

My husband , being English normally takes it all in. But this time he was angry . It was unfortunate that he had to sit facing the food bin, watching scaps of food emptied in to th bin all night and it was quite off putting to say the least..

The server was polite but frankly not concern if we enjoy our food at all. We left most of our food untouched, that is a clue mate.

Given the numerous negative comments in the reviews for B&B on the various websites, this is obviously not a one -off.

I hope Batali would take these comments as they were intended and rectify them quickly as it would be such a waste as he is undoubtedly talented.

3 Thank Foodie_Khong
Carlsbad, California
“Mixed feelings.”
Reviewed October 1, 2008

We dined at B&B on Saturday evening, Sept 27. We called to book a reservation and was told they were full - unless we dined early at 5:30.

When we arrived the restaurant was empty. We were seated at a table in the middle of the room. It was 3 of us. Two adults and one child (10).

We decided to try the tasting menu. This menu offers a 6 course meal at $99 a person. The catch is that everyone at the table must participate. For another $70 per person they will bring a different glass of wine with each course that compliments the cuisine.

As stated in other reviews, the portions are quite small. That being said - if you are tasting 6 courses then the portions are perfect. Otherwise you would be too full to enjoy your entire meal.

The service was excellent. The restaurant filled up and was packed by the time we left. The food was "interesting." My husband loved all of it - and is a huge Iron Chef America fan. My daughter and I did not like the fettucine with baby octopus. Ewww. :) We all liked the Lamb Saddle the best.

By the end of 6 courses and 6 glasses of wine I was pretty tipsy. My head was spinning and I ended up with a killer hangover from drinking so many different kinds of wine.

Just the same, I think it was a good experience for my daughter and exposed her to new things. Our bill was over $500.

Would I go there again? Probably not.
Although I did not feel the place was pretentious.... it was over priced.

Here's what our menu consisted of:
1. B&B Proscuitto with Gnocco Fritto (wine - Tocai Friulano, Bastianich 2006)
2. Cavatelli with Tomato Conserva and Ham Hock (wine - Rosato, Bastianich 2006
3. Lovage Fettuccini with Braised Baby Octopus (wine - Valpolicella, Nicolis 2006)
4. Lame Saddle with Pecorino Zabaglione (wine - Poggio al Moro, Enrico Santini 2006)
5. Pecorino Tasting (wine - Dindarello, Maculan 2006
6. Grape Sorbetto (wine - Pineto, Marenco 2007)

1 Thank pipermama
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Not even close to Babbo food and service”
Reviewed September 30, 2008

I was excited to try B & B after learning of Mario's relatively new restaurants in Las Vegas. I have dined at Babbo several times and make it a point to eat there each time I am in NYC, amazing italian food. B & B left me sorely disappointed. First, I agree with prior comments that most food was over-salted. Second, my husband and I usually order a couple of appetizers, 3-5 pastas, and a couple of entrees to create our own mini pasta "tasting" menu. At Babbo, they always bring out each pasta and allow us to share each "course". At B & B, all of the pastas came out at the same time, making for a very full table and less enjoyable experience. We had specifically told our server that we wanted each pasta brought out separately when we ordered. Nothwithstanding, the sweet potato lune and lamb love letters are still a highlight. Very yummy. The main course fish entree was so unimpressive I cannot recall what type of fish it was, and it was flavorless. The lamb chops were cooked perfectly. At over $300 for dinner for two with wine, I will probably not be back next time.

Wooster, Ohio
“A Mario Batali Restaurant that is underwhelming!!!”
Reviewed August 4, 2008

Three of ate at this Mario Batali Restaurant at the Venetian in Las Vegas on August 4th. The bill was about $750 with expensive wines and it was not worth the price!!! I ordered duck (fixed two different ways). It was so salty I could hardly eat it. I mentioned this to the server and he told me that Mario's dished tended to be salty, with no apology. The service was slow, and we were each given one piece of bread with no olive oil or butter, and were not offered any more bread. My friends food was very pedestrian, certainly not worth the price!!