“Bad food, bad service and VERY overpriced”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of B & B Ristorante

B & B Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
B & B Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #378 of 4,794 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
La Verne, California
“Bad food, bad service and VERY overpriced”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

I cannot comprehend how a restaurant like this stays in business. The food is very expensive (at least $150-200/person) and it was edible but no dish was "excellent," and every dish had something wrong with it. For example, the Octopus appetizer was very overcooked and chewy.

In addition, the service was poor at best. Although seated promptly and putting our whole order in as soon as we could, we were at our table for over 3 hours. They did not have the wine we first ordered, so they brought our second choice after trying to convinve us to go with another one. When they brought the bill, we discovered they had charged us for our first choice, which was $42 more than the wine we drank. When we brought the discrepancy to our waiter, he had the manager come over who argued with us that we had drunk the more expensive wine. It wasn't until he went to get the bottle that he admitted their mistake. They adjusted the bill but with little apology.

The atmosphere is ok, although a bit crowded. Overall, this was NOT worth the price, and I wouldn't even go here at 25% of the price.

1 Thank Janet R

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This should be the next episode of Restaurant Impossible!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Almost 4 hours, $500 for 2 people, not great food and billing mistakes. Here are the details.
We were seated fairly quickly after our scheduled reservation time, the table width was less than my shoulders – I get it, it’s expensive real-estate and they need to pack them in, not a particularly pleasant experience for us but they didn’t seem to have trouble filling the tables, so more power to them.
We waited a long time to get anyone to come the table and only after we asked and waited again to get some bread (also after we asked) and waited basically for everything. So when it was finally time to order we ordered everything, wine, appetizers, primo and secondo piatto.

Appetizers

Clamari & Seppie
Nice light batter but a sauce that tasted absolutely like nothing, dipping some bread in it and eating it, it tasted exactly like …bread. Just one lemon wedge would have made miracles for that dish.
Octopus
I love octopus, but this one was way overcooked to the point of turning into mash. Better cooking and a sprinkle of minced prezzemolo would have improved this dish significantly.

Primi piatti

Ravioli al midollo di ossobuco
The pasta was good, the sauce was decent, the midollo tasted like absolutely nothing. Midollo is fantastic for its texture and salty taste – not this one.
I also asked for some extra Parmigiano and I had to argue with a waitress because ‘the Chef had already finished it off in the kitchen with some Parmigiano’. I am Italian (from Italy) and already not having Parmigiano on the table to add as you please is upsetting to me, but then having to argue in order to get some, is insane.
Bucatini alla Matriciana
Everything went wrong here. Yes it is a spicy pasta dish, however 'spicy' is not a flavor but rather a means to open up your taste spuds to let more flavor in. This was so hot that my friend, who had ordered it, couldn’t eat it … so I did. But it all went downhill from there. The guanciale strips were burnt to a crisp and the sauce was filled with whole leaves of prezzemolo. First of all, there is no prezzemolo in the Matriciana sauce; but beyond that if you use prezzemolo, you should at least mince it otherwise it is like trying to make coffee with whole beans. Like the coffee beans it is all about getting the oil or juices out; throwing in a bunch of leaves (there was so much it looks like they had used spinach) in it does absolutely nothing, even as a garnish. And by the way Pecorino is used because it has a very unique taste, I could not taste any Pecorino at all (although that was probably because my mouth was on fire)

Secondi Piatti

Branzino alla griglia.
The fish itself was OK but the preparation not so much. The grill was so hot that they seared the burnt skin to the fish making it impossible to peal it off. Then after cleaning the fish, they laid in the plate the top half (burnt skin up) on top of the bottom half (you should always filet it and place it on the plate with the white meat facing up) and before I could stop them they poured some olive oil on the burnt skin. I had to open the fish up and ask again to bring the olive oil so that we can put some on the actual fish meat, where it belongs with some lemon and salt; ah yes, salt… there was no salt on the table so I asked for some and after 10 minutes they brought me some rock salt, proudly announcing that it was ‘sea salt’. I told them that it was fantastic if I was using salt in my water for pasta but that we really did not want to bite on a chunk of salt, to pls bring us some table salt!

Veal Chop
Nice presentation but half of it was fat and tendons.

Wine
I ordered a $110 bottle of Vermentino from Liguria, they were out, OK. So I chose a $68 bottle of Pigato. After trying to convince me to go with something else they did bring the Pigato … and promptly charged me for the Vermentino. It took another ½ hour discussion to get them to admit to that (which happened only when I asked them to bring the bottle) and correct the bill.

What a fiasco.

1 Thank 109Virgilio
Vevey, Switzerland
“What a rip off”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

My wife & I and six other friends had dinner there last night. The service was very poor and after being seated we were informed that main courses would take between an hour and an hour and twenty minutes as they stated that they were very busy....now whose mismanagement was that? The food was less than average and after all the TV hype about the owners, they ought to be ashamed of themselves as the advertising is just so misleading. They even tried to short change us on the XO cognacs which at $45 a pop is just outrageous. Also a port was ordered which came ice cold, a first anywhere in the world, this place is just a joke and a gigantic rip off. Needless to say, we won't be back.
If you want true value for money try Bobbie Flay's Mesa grill at Caesars or Gordon Ramsays at Paris, these two restaurants more than live up to their reputations.

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Very Dissapointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Probably I had high expectations since this is a Batali-Bastianich restaurant, but I was wrong. We made an early reservation, when I finally decided what I wanted to order I was informed they had just ran out of the main dish I wanted, only after barely an hour of starting service, oh well. I ordered the octopus appetizer and it was really good, I enjoyed it and I was expecting something equal or even better for my entrée. What a disappointment, I ordered a lamb dish that was so bland, it didn’t taste like anything, I could only see the reaction of Joe Bastianich after tasting something like that, a dish worthy to be thrown away. My husband’s entrée was also a lamb dish but his was really chewy. When the waiters clearing the tables asked us if they could take our dishes away they didn’t say anything when looking at an almost full plate. Our main waiter showed up afterwards and just asked if we wanted dessert but didn’t say anything about our food either. The manager with whom we had a brief conversation at the beginning of our meal and we expressed we were happy with our appetizers showed up and we had to let him know how disappointed we were, he offered dessert on the house but we didn’t want anything else at that point, he came back a bit later and wanted to compensate by taking off one of the appetizers. I don’t know if it was bad luck, but two main dishes out of two being that awful is too much. I’m sorry but someone has to pay more attention on what is going on at the kitchen and the quality of the food that they’re delivering.

• Visited October 2013
Green River, Wyoming
“Prices are very high, and food not so good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

The service was amazing. These guys are organized and impressive how they deliver meals. I would love to return only if the food tasted good once you got it. We did appetizers, main course, dessert, and drinks. Bill was about $300 for 2 people. The location of the restaurant is also very unimpressive, and it is noisy.

• Visited March 2013