“My group did not enjoy”
Review of B & B Ristorante

B & B Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
B & B Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #332 of 5,036 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Even if you are one for unusual meats and preparations there were many things about this restaurant that did not go over well with me or my group. First of all, I understand that some people may like goat, rabbit, lamb tongue and other "regional Italian dishes". I doubt even if they do they need a 20 minute long explanation of what seems to be everything on the menu and the way in which it was prepared beforehand. Puh-lease guys, GET OVER yourselves! Besides, the description of my ravioli and the whole story about the cheese from the Italian cow building up lactic acid before it is milked therefore making the taste more distinct was enough to make me sick to my stomach. This was the case for my fellow diners entrees as well.
Also, I have dined in many restaurants and cities at every level of expense account and can tell you this is a $$$$+. Many expect Italian to be $$$ or $$$$ but this goes beyond that. It really is too much of what I did not want. If you are in the Venetian/Palazzo where this restaurant is located you are MUCH better off going to the other Mario Batali restaurant which is in the Palazzo overlooking the St. Mark Square area. Have tried that too.....it is much better! Caio

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I read some of the reviews of B&B and a lot of them were negative. All I can tell you is I had a really good experience.
The waiter we had "Anthony" was the most Knowledgeable waiter I have ever had anywhere hands down. He knew everything about the food and all the Green practices of the restaurant. He was a little stiff at the beginning but after engaging him in conversation he brightened up.
Had the Burrata and Heirloom tomato appetizer w fresh pesto, Delicious. Also combined that with the meat selection for one, pretty good, not spectacular but decent, maybe ordering it for 2,3,4 is better. But one thing about it the pickled vegetable on it were horrible. Ok onto main courses....
Had the Papparadelle Bolognese, I thought it was great. Fresh wide ribbons dressed with a delicious meat sauce and freshly grated Reggiano Parmegiano . It wasn't piled on meat sauce like in american italian restaurants, the pasta was dressed in meat sauce like you would get in Italy. with a glass of red wine perfect. Next had a pork loin special with fingerling potatoes and arugula salad with a pan reduction sauce. It was too much food but very good, the sauce excellent and the potatoes crispy salty and delicious. Cappuccino excellent, Biscotti terrible.
But its interesting that people don't like B&B because I went to Mario's causal place in the Venetian and it was the worst pizza I ever had.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We heard so much about B&B. We dined at other Batali restaurants in NYC and enjoyed them. So we anticipated 1+1 would = 2. Not so much. The food was 'slightly' above average but not so much that we would return to try other menu items. What we found extremely lacking was the service. The waiter seemed very hurried and inattentive. When he came to take our wine order, he insisted on helping. We chuckled to ourselves at this because having our own extensive wine cellar, we feel very comfortable selecting our own wines - but hey, my partner allowed the waiter to show us his suggestions. Waiter highly recommended an extremely expensive bottle of Italian red. My partner thanked him for the suggestion but ordered something different. At this point, the waiter comes to me to show me what my hubby ordered and pointed out what he (the waiter) suggested but that my hubby declined. Waiter said to me, "it is much better than what your husband ordered but he probably does not want to spend the money" - CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS. Why on earth would a waiter feel he had to tell me that my husband didn't take his selection and point out the price. At this point, I probably should have gotten up and said bye-bye.... but I didn't. In retrospect, I wish I had. I was so unnerved by this, yet my partner wasn't rattled but did agree that it was rude. We enjoyed each others company and the next night we had an incredible dinner at Joel Robuchon for my 50th birthday. So much for hubby being a cheap skate!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We were looking forward to eating here and re-living our trip to Italy. The service was absolutely impeccable, they were gracious, quick and engaged in enough conversation to make you feel welcome.

The wine was good, especially the white we had.

However, we were very disappointed with our meal. I wish we would have read reviews before picking this place.
We knew the courses would be smaller in size and simple ingredients, that’s the hallmark of good Italian food. But we were shocked that Mario Batali would serve food like this from his restaurant.
Here’s a breakdown of our meal -
Antipasti:
The beet salad was the best thing we ate that night. The field greens was just greens and dressing – very boring.
Primi:
The pappardelle Bolognese was mediocre but edible. The liver on the beef cheek ravioli was over powering, it was actually difficult to eat it all which was shocking considering there were so few.

The polenta was very under seasoned and watery under a dry and flavourless short rib.
The Veal Chop was under seasoned as well, the pancetta was cut in big pieces and very difficult to chew. The highlight of the dish was the spinach and spring onions which tasted good and were well seasoned and cooked perfectly.

There are so many great places to eat, go there. Don't eat here!

1  Thank Brandie W
Reviewed October 12, 2013

If Mario had eaten this meal, he'd want to kill himself.

The short ribs are worse than an over-cooked crock pot dinner--mushy and dry. Thank goodness the portion was very small because more would have been an insult. The tablespoon of polenta under the meat was tasteless.

The octopus appetizer is equally bad. While the octopus was cooked correctly, the sauce was too strong. I'm not sure if it was too much balsamic or too much salt, but it was a disaster.

I enjoyed the wine, and the coffee was outstanding.

The service is good, but they should offer more than one small piece of bread per person without having to ask for more. I eat gluten-free, and I told the server to give my husband my piece of bread, and he ignored. me.

I won't be back.