“Food pretty good - service horrible” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of B & B Ristorante

B & B Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
B & B Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #387 of 4,768 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
San Francisco
“Food pretty good - service horrible”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2008

I had high hopes for B&B, unfortunately, they disappointed. Maybe the poor service was due to the fact that we weren't catching a show...Next time, I will lie.
We were sat at a broken banquette, then when moved, sat for 15 minutes without menus, water, bread or a waiter to greet us. When the waiter finally greeted us, with menus, it was another 10 minutes to get bread - and we had to ask for olive oil (which was fantastic). It was another 10 minutes before we were given empty champagne glasses and another 5 before they were filled.
Okay, so the squash blossoms were delicious and the corn sformato with porcini - divine. Then we got our pasta course. The hot plate given to me, was dirty and had to be sent back. The spaghettini with one pound of lobster in a spicy tomato based sauce was fabulous, the gnocchi with oxtail was flavorful and tender, and the mint ravioli envelopes with spicy lamb sausage - spectacular. Once again, however, the service was horrible. We took the suggestion of the waiter for a red wine to match our pasta course. Unfortunately, this was served 10 min after our pasta - which was stone cold by then. Difficult to enjoy the wine suggested to compliment the meal, when served in this manner.
All of a sudden, the timing of service picked up and two waiters asked if they could serve our fish course - whisking away our partially eaten pasta.
The Orata was beautiful in it's parchment paper package. Opening it, we could see a lovely piece of fish on green beans, tomato and clams. But, the smell was very industrial - almost as if sprayed with rancid oil. I asked if the fish was fresh or salt water, but no one asked us how it was. We would have told them.
Dessert was fine - grappa scented panna cotta with Mission figs stuffed with honeycomb, but the service was so horrible and distracting, it made this special occasion difficult to enjoy.

1 Thank cafoodie2

2 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Durango, Colorado
“Very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2008

I dined at B & B twice in the past month and both times the food was very delicious but the service was slow. I'm not sure if there trying to capture an authentic Italian restaurant experience where you dine for hours but this is what we got. It is a good thing the food was so good because we know it is worth the wait and everything was always hot.

I really enjoyed the pasta bolognesse and beef cheek ravioli for the primi course while the sauteed veal sweetbreads are to die for. The other entrees that stood out were the quail and squab with roasted potatoes and onions for sides. The desserts were very good the first time but just okay the second visit. Ask your server for suggestions.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant for a foodie as there are some interesting and delicious flavor combinations that can only come from a genius like Batali, but make sure you get a nice bottle of wine and are in no rush, because it is at least a 2 hour dining exeperience (well worth it).

1 Thank Mpmark
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Could be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2008

There is so much hype about this place and I have no idea why. First the atmosphere is so very LOUD! Much to busy and noisy to be enjoyable. Tables very close together. All of this lends itself to a rush type of feel.
We had the 7 course tasting menu with wine. Most of the courses were ok, but for the price I want much better than ok. The pasta red sauce course actually tasted like it could have come from a jar. Wine pours were very small. The lamb course was very good.
Service was friendly. Bus boy kept placing the silverware on the wrong sides and reaching across us to clean the table.
With all the wonderful places to dine here in Las Vegas I do not think we need to return here. If you want wonderful Italian I would suggest Bartolotta at the Wynn. Food is superior and the atmosphere is just wonderful.

1 Thank Norgetroll
Texas
“One of the best meals I had in Vegas!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2008

My husband and I were taken to this restaurant by business associates of his on a recent trip to Vegas. I had very high expectations and was not disappointed. Service was great, we were attended to by our waiter, two bus persons, as well as the sommelier. The wine list is very extensive and the menu offered a wide variety of dishes.

We had the Mint Love Letters - a spicy lamb/mint ravioli. The mint flavor was VERY overpowering, but they were delicious. For my entree I had the grilled pork chop. It was very flavorful, cooked to perfection and extremely tender.

Absolutely no complaints and would definitely return here on our next trip to Vegas!