“Get on the Dam Bus”
Review of Look Tours

Look Tours
Ranked #149 of 233 Tours in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: Founded in 1999, LookTours offers a range of activities from traditional sightseeing tours to entertainment and adventure activities, as well as popular show tickets and wedding packages. LookTours offers consumers secure and reliable reservations backed by a lowest price guarantee as well as customer reviews, top 10 lists and travel tips. LookTours is a division of Viator, Inc., the world's largest online resource for tours and activities.
Ocala, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Get on the Dam Bus”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This was my 1st visit to the Dam, and I have to say, thanks to our guide Jodi an driver Tom it was the most amazing trip ever. From the time we got on the Dam Bus we were enlightened with facts not only about the Dam, but also the ares we passed through and got some great tips on were to go in Vegas. The tour included lunch, which to our surprise was not the typical box lunch, but we went to this great little restaurant in Bolder City and the food was fantastic. Jodi made every effort to include everyone on the bus in activities. She is a wealth of knowledge and very entertaining. Our next trip to Vegas, we will book with this company again and advise very strongly, if you are looking for a great time on your visit to Vegas, book this tour (and request Jodi & Tom if possible) it is well worth while. And Bob says a special thanks to Jodi for answering all his questions, including "where do babies come from" LOL.

Visited December 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Stoke on Trent
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Laughlin trip”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We paid $7.50 each for this trip, booked through the website but paid on the bus.
When we got on the bus the driver had no record of our booking, luckily I had the confirmation email on my phone.
The journey was uneventful and boring (which we knew would be), the driver spoke about Las Vegas and the surroundings for a while and pointed out a few areas of interest.
Laughlin was a lovely place and we wandered along the river into a few casinos, we also had a little boat ride.
The journey back was a nightmare.
The air conditioning wasnt working on the bus. As everyone was waiting for it to come on they all had the vents open which were blowing baking hot air into the bus, which didnt help matters. The driver had to keep stopping at the side of the road to cool the engine, then he pulled over by a little shop and left the door and hatches open, but even though we were all very thirsty (we had all finished any drinks we had due to the heat, or the drinks had become warm) he wouldnt let anyone off to nip in the shop for a drink. At first I thought this was because he wasnt stopping long but we waited there for 10 minutes which would have been plenty of time.

Laughlin was a nice place, if you can drive then drive yourself, if you cant then go with a company with working air conditioned vehicles. As this is the second review complaining about lack of AC this must be an ongoing issue

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Val_and_Shell
pittsfield
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Job by Look Tours”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

My husband and I booked a LOOK TOURS bus trip to the West rim of of Grand Canyon. We were pretty impressed with the company. We were picked up right on time the morning of our trip, driven to the "tour center" where we were "herded" into single file lines for our specific tour. With the amount of people (est.200-300) They did an amazing job of getting everyone through the line and onto their buses. Our bus was a deluxe double decker that was in great condition,and very comfortable. We had two drivers on our bus, both were awesome! One of them served as our "guide" on the bus and really made out trip so interesting and funny! We were very happy with our experience and would definatly use this company again!!

Visited April 2012
2 Thank redglass62
Victoria, Texas
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 130 helpful votes
“Ultimate VIP Hoover Dam Tour was a Hoot!”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I had read great reviews about this tour.....and every word was true! We were picked up at the specified location on time and whisk off to Hoover Dam. Our tour guide Joni, was fantastic, entertaining, and a wealth of knowledge about the Dam. It was a jammed packed day, running on a tight schedule, but Joni always had time for questions and time to crack a few jokes. She went to great lengths to get everyone on board involved ....very interactive! After the Dam tour we headed to Boulder City for an enjoyable lunch, followed by a stop at the Chocolate factory. The Dam bus was very clean and comfortable and our driver was very skilled and friendly.
I would highly recommend this tour, worth the money! Get on the Dam bus!

Visited March 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Do NOT go on the Laughlin trip”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

(1) THE AIR CONDITIONING WAS NOT WORKING ON THE BUS ON THE WAY TO LAUGHLIN OR ON THE WAY BACK TO LAS VEGAS FROM LAUGHLIN. This was an extremely uncomfortable situation for me as I am very motion sick. The driver was polite enough to open the hatches on the roof, but was not able to find a solution to the issue.
In addition: (2) The ladies behind me said thay paid $5 and complained that one of them had to pay a service fee of $2.50. Even with the service fee, they paid less than the $10 per person that I paid for my father and myself.

Requests for refund are being ignored.

Visited March 2012