“Do NOT go on the Laughlin trip”
Review of Look Tours

Look Tours
Ranked #189 of 248 Tours in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: Founded in 1999, LookTours offers a range of activities from traditional sightseeing tours to entertainment and adventure activities, as well as popular show tickets and wedding packages. LookTours offers consumers secure and reliable reservations backed by a lowest price guarantee as well as customer reviews, top 10 lists and travel tips. LookTours is a division of Viator, Inc., the world's largest online resource for tours and activities.
Reviewed March 19, 2012

(1) THE AIR CONDITIONING WAS NOT WORKING ON THE BUS ON THE WAY TO LAUGHLIN OR ON THE WAY BACK TO LAS VEGAS FROM LAUGHLIN. This was an extremely uncomfortable situation for me as I am very motion sick. The driver was polite enough to open the hatches on the roof, but was not able to find a solution to the issue.
In addition: (2) The ladies behind me said thay paid $5 and complained that one of them had to pay a service fee of $2.50. Even with the service fee, they paid less than the $10 per person that I paid for my father and myself.

Requests for refund are being ignored.

2  Thank mightykj

Reviewed January 9, 2012

I would really give this 0 stars if I could. I booked this tour by Look Tours that contracts with papillon. This is not clear when you book. Many of the sites on internet are booking agents. I booked for a pickup on Wed at 1:30pm. paid close to $400. I was notified that they were changing time to 11am. I called and told them this was unacceptable since I was in a class until 12:30pm. They said they could not do anything about it because it was winter hours and the helicopters cannot fly when it gets dark. Doesn't winter happen every year?? Why was this not taken into account/mentioned when I booked or on web site? I guess they thought it was summer all year this year?? I explained that because I had already made ALL of my plans for this vacation when I was notified of the change that I only had Jan 1 free. This was free because I was planing on spending New Years Eve and New Years Day on the Vegas Strip. They pushed me to book Jan 2.This was not possible because I had booked a tour with another company on Jan 2 ( they wanted me to cancel that tour and I refused- already paid for ect). I explained this all to them. They finally settled I could go on Jan 1 st New Years Day. This meant that I could not spend all New Years Eve on the strip as planned because of making an early morning pickup. But I would not lose my $400 dollars. I left my party early to arrive for early pickup with special arrangemets (and more money) because Vegas closes the roads on New Years Eve.
I had given Look and Papillon my cell phone number and hotel I was staying to conact me for any problems. The directions for pickup were poor (pickup at South Tower Golden Nugget) I was told to ask where it was at the Golden Nugget desk when I arrived. I asked the desk person and she said I never heard of South Tower but they usually pickup at Star Bucks. I waited at Star Bucks until ten min after pickup time and phoned them. (there are 2 Star Bucks in the Golden Nugget). They said they left without me and pushed me to reschedule on Jan 2nd. It was only 10 min after pickup time when I called. So they did not even wait 10 min for pickup. Again, I told them again I could not make Jan 2. They said they phoned me on my cell phone. There is no record of this call on my cell phone- this is a lie. The only thing I could do is take and pay for a cab to bring be to the airport in Bolder City at my expense $100 cash (the cab will not take charge or check) or lose my $400 (or reschedule for Jan 2- be out that money for my other tour) .They refused to send anyone to pick me up or refund my cab. Pushing me to reschedule for Jan 2. I called them from the cab for directions -they were surprised and NOT happy I was in a cab ALREADY. I drove up to my tour and had the tour. The scenery was beautiful but the tour was so unpleasant that I felt like canceling all my other tours and going home. I was not welcomed. They are NOT FRIENDLY TO SOLO travelers. I had a knot in my stomach the whole time and was afriaid they were going to leave me in the middle of the Cayon without a way home. It was a very unpleasant experience. The directions given at most stops were poor. Most of the people on the trip were Asian and spoke poor english. In the very begining of the tour a papillon employee mumbled for us to stand as a group in a small area by the gift shop. This old Asian lady took about 3 steps into the gift shop to look at an item that must have caught her eye and this guy got up in her face and yelled " I TOLD YOU TO STAND OVER THERE" You had to see the look in the Asian lady's face. I thought He must have had a bad night last night -because it was new years. Later in the day I saw this happen again with another 2 people. Itr seems they have an us(staff) against them(customer) mentality from some of the staff here. I was told by my the other tour companies if they did not pickup they would reinburse the $100 and other people in the industry said that should have been reinbursed. I was told by Papillon tough luck they did not even say they were sorry. Instead of trying to make it right they made me feel like I was an imposition. The man putting me on the bus to go back to the hotel said it is difficult to find someone to drop me off down town and "it may take forever!" It seems the downtown is 3 miles away from the strip and they don't want to drive it at that company. I do not think they ever tried to pick me up in the first place. Scenery was beautiful- I advise to see the Canyon from boat at the bottom just choose another company. They do not even offer you even a glass of water. Lunch is served by the Indians but you don't really have time to eat it. It is a souther BBQ corn string beans mash potatos and a brownie. Not a real Indian meal. This company was rude unprofessional. The people at their desk seem to be high school students. This company will leave you if you are late and will not care. Don't get left at the Grand Canyon choose a different company !! Please see my other reviews for better tour experiences.

4  Thank jaguarljs
Reviewed November 26, 2011

We contacted allgrandcanyontours.com (operated by look tours or grand canyon west) for Hoover dam and it was a very good experience. However, it's little pricey compared to other operators and we had to book on the same day which cost us 20$ more per head. So make sure you do plan at least a day ahead since on holidays the tours don't travel.

Based on my experience with Hoover dam, it's just a deeper dam but not wider and no active water flow system that you see in your locale. If you're short on time in Las Vegas, then you can comfortably avoid Hoover dam.

1  Thank VijGuy
Reviewed November 1, 2011

took this so called (tour) for our honeymoon,got to spend maybe 20 minutes total at the dam after the long lines and delay getting there!!!!!!!!!!!go for Lake Mead boat trip was a beautiful site but got a cold lunchmeat sandwich,chips and an apple for like a 10 hour day!!!!!!!!!!!go to chocolate factory for our tour and arrived so late all we could do was buy chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!better off renting a car and driving yourself probably would have been cheaper for our group spent $77.99 a person for a bus ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed September 10, 2011

I cannot even give 1 star. They absolutely lied & took my money. I paid for 5 tickets for "The Beast" in NYC on July 4th. I booked online & was provided a pre-paid voucher with confirmation day & time. Upon arrival I was told that the ride was first come first serve. Additionally, they were sold out as it was a holiday. I called everyone I could but got no where! To add insult to injury ( and the cost of getting down to NYC), Look Tours refused to refund my money...they stated that the ride was, in fact, not sold out & that I CHOSE not to attend.
I believe Look Tours may be a scam. Be very careful!

ViatorLoryanna, Public Relations Manager at Look Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2011

Hello tyost16,

Thank you for your review of our Beast Speedboat ride. We're sorry to hear that you had some difficulty getting to the boats.

We did hear that they were shutting the boats down a little early on the day of July 4th, because of the Fireworks, the 6:00 PM, and 7:00 PM Speedboats were not able to go out. The Tour Operator for this tour advised us that the 5:00 PM boat went out as scheduled with 18 seats still available.

On our website, we list that you will want to arrive 45 minutes prior to your departure time, to ensure that you arrive in time to be checked in for the ride you want, as all seating for the Beast Speedboat is done on a first come, first served basis.

Again, we do apologize that you had difficulty meeting up with the Beast Speedboat Ride, as ideally we would like for our customers to have smooth experiences with each of our tours. But, as you stated, we were unable to honor your refund request, as the information we received from the Local Tour Operator is that the 5:00 PM tour did run as scheduled, and had seating available.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our services.

Loryanna Michalek