“very good experience thru' allgrandcanyon tours.com”
Review of Look Tours

Look Tours
Ranked #150 of 235 Tours in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: Founded in 1999, LookTours offers a range of activities from traditional sightseeing tours to entertainment and adventure activities, as well as popular show tickets and wedding packages. LookTours offers consumers secure and reliable reservations backed by a lowest price guarantee as well as customer reviews, top 10 lists and travel tips. LookTours is a division of Viator, Inc., the world's largest online resource for tours and activities.
Chicago, Illinois
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“very good experience thru' allgrandcanyon tours.com”
Reviewed November 26, 2011

We contacted allgrandcanyontours.com (operated by look tours or grand canyon west) for Hoover dam and it was a very good experience. However, it's little pricey compared to other operators and we had to book on the same day which cost us 20$ more per head. So make sure you do plan at least a day ahead since on holidays the tours don't travel.

Based on my experience with Hoover dam, it's just a deeper dam but not wider and no active water flow system that you see in your locale. If you're short on time in Las Vegas, then you can comfortably avoid Hoover dam.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank VijGuy

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Swanton, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“this tour is a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

took this so called (tour) for our honeymoon,got to spend maybe 20 minutes total at the dam after the long lines and delay getting there!!!!!!!!!!!go for Lake Mead boat trip was a beautiful site but got a cold lunchmeat sandwich,chips and an apple for like a 10 hour day!!!!!!!!!!!go to chocolate factory for our tour and arrived so late all we could do was buy chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!better off renting a car and driving yourself probably would have been cheaper for our group spent $77.99 a person for a bus ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visited October 2011
Bethel, Connecticut
“"The Beast" in NYC”
Reviewed September 10, 2011

I cannot even give 1 star. They absolutely lied & took my money. I paid for 5 tickets for "The Beast" in NYC on July 4th. I booked online & was provided a pre-paid voucher with confirmation day & time. Upon arrival I was told that the ride was first come first serve. Additionally, they were sold out as it was a holiday. I called everyone I could but got no where! To add insult to injury ( and the cost of getting down to NYC), Look Tours refused to refund my money...they stated that the ride was, in fact, not sold out & that I CHOSE not to attend.
I believe Look Tours may be a scam. Be very careful!

Visited July 2011
ViatorLoryanna, Public Relations Manager at Look Tours, responded to this review, September 23, 2011
Hello tyost16,

Thank you for your review of our Beast Speedboat ride. We're sorry to hear that you had some difficulty getting to the boats.

We did hear that they were shutting the boats down a little early on the day of July 4th, because of the Fireworks, the 6:00 PM, and 7:00 PM Speedboats were not able to go out. The Tour Operator for this tour advised us that the 5:00 PM boat went out as scheduled with 18 seats still available.

On our website, we list that you will want to arrive 45 minutes prior to your departure time, to ensure that you arrive in time to be checked in for the ride you want, as all seating for the Beast Speedboat is done on a first come, first served basis.

Again, we do apologize that you had difficulty meeting up with the Beast Speedboat Ride, as ideally we would like for our customers to have smooth experiences with each of our tours. But, as you stated, we were unable to honor your refund request, as the information we received from the Local Tour Operator is that the 5:00 PM tour did run as scheduled, and had seating available.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our services.

Miami, Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Grand Canyon West Ultimate Helicopter Tour and Western Cowboy Ranch Adventure”
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Trust those prior reviews that advise that this company has additional hidden charges that they spring at you on flight day. They did it to me too.

Since I would only be in Vegas for a few days, I wanted to see the Grand Canyon and the Hoover Dam without spending an entire day driving there and back so a helicopter tour was my preferred choice. I decide to go with Look Tour’s - Grand Canyon West Ultimate Helicopter Tour and Western Cowboy Ranch Adventure Tour since it included horseback riding which I have never done before. I made sure to call the company before finalizing the booking just to make sure what was included in this tour and to get what charges were not included in the advertised price that I needed to cover on flight day. The sales agent told me that the only additional charge would be a $40 per person airport charge that needed to be paid at the airport on flight day. I asked her twice if lunch and the horseback were covered in the package price and she told me yes both times. However, on flight day I was told I needed to pay an additional $90 per person to do the horseback riding. I was totally pissed at the fact that they gave me misleading information.

If you can get beyond the hidden charged, the tour itself is ok. The view from the helicopter is good no matter where you are sitting. We sat in the back seat and had no issues. The helicopter ride itself was much smoother than I had expected, but that may vary depending on the experience of the assigned pilot. Our pilot wasn’t as jovial as I would expect a tour guide to be, he didn’t talk much, but he did point out all the points of interest as we fly over them so that was ok. We did fly into the Canyon itself, going below the rim. That was much cooler than I anticipated.

The cowboy ranch was a nice touch to the tour. I was taken back into time (felt like a real life cowboy flick). From the horse drawn carriage that took us from the helicopter to the ranch where we had a tasty lunch and then hitting the trail on horseback.

Overall I had a great time, and had soon forgotten about the extra charge I had to deal with earlier pre-flight. I would recommend this tour with a warning about what the true cost really is.

Visited September 2011
3 Thank fromyard
ViatorLoryanna, Public Relations Manager at Look Tours, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Hello fromyard,

Thank you for leaving your review here. We're glad to hear you had a great time on your tour. I wanted to take a moment to respond to your concerns about the fees.

It's not always possible for us to take full payment for the tours in advance. In some cases, our Tour Operators require that separate fees be paid directly to them. This requirement varies tour to tour, and city to city. In these cases, we will always have notes on the Tour Information page for the Tour you want to take to notify you of the money you will need to bring with you on the day of your tour.

The easiest place to find any fees we may ask of you, is to look through the "Starpoints" for your tour. The last Starpoint will always be additional fees if we're going to ask them of you. We also list these fees again on the Voucher that you will need to take with you on the day of your tour. We generally send the voucher within 15 minutes to 48 hours of booking.

If you're ever concerned that you may have missed a fee, we do invite you to contact one of our customer service centers, either by phone or e-mail, and we'll be happy to double check for you before you book your tour. I hope this information helps. Thank you again for booking with us, and Happy Travels.

Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“They Lied”
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We had reservations weeks before our honeymoon. We were told we would be on a 12 passenger plane. the customer service rep even asked us our weight because the plane can only carry so much. Turns out they put us on a 737. When we returned home and called the company they said the customer service rep should have never told us that and the web site had been updated. I would have never signed up for that tour, the whole reason we were going was to fly in the 12 passenger plane was so you could see more of the canyon. We paid $460.00 for the tour and they are only offering us $61.98 back . Please beware of what you are buying.

Visited July 2011
2 Thank cheated715
ViatorLoryanna, Public Relations Manager at Look Tours, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
Thank you for your review, Cheated715.

We wanted to take a moment to respond to your review, and explain everything that happened.

Ultimately, the misunderstanding about this reservation comes down to an honest, human mistake. The brochure details had been changed only a few weeks prior to the day that you booked with us. Unfortunately, the agent did not know that the brochure details regarding the type of plane used to fly from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon had changed.

The plane ride is only about 45 to 50 minutes one way and you spend at least 3 hours in the park, we feel that the main attraction of this tour is your time in the park. As we are the booking agency, and not the Tour Operator, we refunded our portion of the cost for this booking to you, so we made nothing on this booking.

We are sorry for any inconvenience, and we do hope the rest of your trip was excellent. If you have any further questions you can reach us at support@thereservationcenter.com. Thank you again for submitting your review.

All the best,