“Watch for terms in small letters and hidden fees”
Review of Look Tours

Look Tours
Ranked #150 of 235 Tours in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: Founded in 1999, LookTours offers a range of activities from traditional sightseeing tours to entertainment and adventure activities, as well as popular show tickets and wedding packages. LookTours offers consumers secure and reliable reservations backed by a lowest price guarantee as well as customer reviews, top 10 lists and travel tips. LookTours is a division of Viator, Inc., the world's largest online resource for tours and activities.
Miami, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Watch for terms in small letters and hidden fees”
Reviewed May 11, 2011

The flying experience to the Grand Canyon was fine and met our expectations. Our problem was with Look Tours who advertised the tour at the "Lowest Price" (their words) for $296.99. What they had in very small letters is that there would be an extra charge of $40 per person at check in time. Their "Lowest price" statement was misleading as it was very well hidden in the web page. Otherwise the flying experience, the flying time, the Pilot, and the equipment were good. This rating is for their selling advertising.

Visited April 2011
1 Thank Moto8

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Merritt Island, Florida
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Was very happy with experience”
Reviewed January 26, 2011

Was worried about the reviews after I booked the helicopter tour to the Grand Canyon. Limo driver arrived 10 minutes late, but once I arrived at airport everything went smooth. Jennifer was my pilot and I loved her happy attitude. I was flying without any of my friends so I got to sit up front the other passengers were a super nice family from Australia. We took off and Jennifer was playing music from Top Gun I LOVED it! then as we were coming up over the ledge to the grand canyon she started playing Indiana Jones which I LOVED evern more! We landed had time to walk around before our picnic breakfast. Jennifer was nice enough to take a couple of pics for me. Champagne was a nice touch as well. The way back we flew over the strip which was a nice end to the trip. I took the early morning flight which I'm glad I did left the rest of the day to play. Would do again.

Visited January 2011
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Las Vegas City lights helicopter tour big disappointment”
Reviewed December 2, 2010

My sister and brother in-law who got married in Vegas last week did the helicopter tour (which I gave them as a present) but it failed to amaze. In total I paid $ 160,00 for a 12 minute flight. In the helicopter the had the back seats which simply meant they had poor view. There was another couple who was put deliberately in the front seats because they bought the tour-dvd aswell.
It is a poor experience as often said. Besides, I tried to email the company a couple of times with questions and they did not come back to me. Poor service as well.

1 Thank RosaV78
ViatorLoryanna, Public Relations Manager at Look Tours, responded to this review, February 3, 2011
Hello Rosa,

We are sorry that the experience of the Las Vegas Night Flight did not meet your expectations. We are also sorry that it sounds as though you might have had a hard time getting hold of us. I wanted to make sure that I clarified a few points, and offered you a better e-mail address to send your concerns to, to try and prevent a situation of a lack of communication from happening again.

This flight is a brief, 12 minute flight over the Las Vegas Strip, that starts with a Champagne Toast. Your expected time at the office is about an hour and a half, with safety video, toast, check-in, and flight all factoring in to the time frame. Seating for flights, as we've been told by the Tour Operator, is based on the weight of the customers more than any other factor. Helicopters must be specifically balanced in order to fly properly. For the safety of all passengers, this means we never book specific seating requests, as the seating arrangements have to be made on the spot, when all six passengers have been weighed, and the appropriate balance can be decided.

If you should ever need to submit any questions or concerns to us, the best e-mail address is support@thereservationscenter.com. Our usual turn around time for e-mails to that e-mail address is about 24 - 48 hours, except on the weekends, when it can take up to 72 hours depending on how busy we are. Again, we do apologize that the tour did not meet your expectations, and hope that your sister and brother-in-law enjoyed the rest of their time in Las Vegas.
Warrington, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Excellent helicopter / Grand Canyon experience”
Reviewed September 30, 2010

Booked this trip in advance and saved quite a bit which made me wonder about the quality; I shouldnt have done as everything was spot on from the bus pick up to the helicopter to the canyon and the cowboy adventure.
We flew with Heli USA and Capt Mike was excellent!! cannot fault.

Las Vegas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Do not book with Look Tours”
Reviewed September 12, 2010

We booked the Neon Night on the Town Las Vegas City Tour a month in advance. They called us the day before (when we arrived in Las Vegas) to tell us the tour was cancelled. They had no consideration for me when I called to complain.

3 Thank PeteVacation
Hello Pete,

We are sorry to hear about the cancellation of your tour in Las Vegas. We would love to be able to run every single tour we sell, but unfortunately, mother nature and other factors do tend to cause cancellations for us.

However, I do want to say in this specific case, we noticed that customers were having more cancellations then usual. You can even see in the reviews here on TripAdvisor, that several of the bad reviews were on account of cancellations for this tour. For that reason, we did take this Tour Operator down from our website, and we no longer offer this tour.

Again, we are sorry that this tour was canceled on you, and we would like to assure you that this is not the norm for our tour operators. Thank you for reviewing, and we hope the rest of your trip to Las Vegas was excellent.