“Casino Excellent, Hotel needs some work.”
Review of The Cromwell

The Cromwell
Ranked #14 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The Good: Its new, service is excellent, casino service is excellent, best I have ever had, no huge lines to check in/out and breakfast included in the room cost. Great location on the strip. Rooms are very nice.

The Bad: If you expect dine at Giada better make reservation when you make your hotel reservation, otherwise forget it, I had too, ended up using my $100 dining credit at Paris. And if you want to partake the roof top club, be prepared to stand in a very long line and too long of wait, no special line for hotel guests. If you have an early flight out, you will miss breakfast which is in your room cost. The B.S. $28 Resort fee - for what, this place is no resort, that’s a lot of money for Wi-Fi. Rooms are small.

The Ugly: Forget about using the roof top pool, unless you want to dole out some serious money for a place to sit or lay down, otherwise you have to go next door to the Flamingo pool. Room noise, the first two nights it was non-existent, on Friday night it was loud, very loud, the base was thumping the building, and the rest was even louder. And that’s on top of hearing everyone in the hallway. The place is brand new and it was not properly soundproofed.

Bellagio and Wynn/Encore are a better value for about the same money.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank wesheltonj
AmberOlson, Guest Relations Manager at The Cromwell, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

I am glad you were able to enjoy the casino, service and the room. I appreciate your feedback regarding Drai’s and the line experience. We are working to improve this for our hotel guests. I apologize about the noise level you experienced on the Friday night of your stay. We are working on making updates to assist with the noise levels experienced in room.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

An exceptional quaint and personalized expereince that the larger and more famous hotels on the Strip cannot provide. Didn't like the selection of slot machines. The location was very convenient for walking the Strip and visiting other locations.

Room Tip: Needs a clock
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Caesars Entertainment

I’m glad you enjoyed personalized experience during your stay at The Cromwell, Dusty. We look forward to having you back.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Loved the idea of a boutique hotel on the strip. When we first drove in to valet we were treated special, that feeling carried through to the front desk and everywhere else in the hotel. Can't wait to get back

Review collected in partnership with Caesars Entertainment

Thanks for the review Linda. I’m glad you felt special throughout the entire hotel. We can’t wait to have you back!

Reviewed July 21, 2014

The room in Cromwell is superb, I was play at the table, dealer are very nice cocktail service was so fast and friendly. I was order I room dinning also the service was excellent bed was so comfortable makes me nice dream the bathroom is not that big but the interior still looking good

Room Tip: The bed was so comfort, very nice interior
Review collected in partnership with Caesars Entertainment
AmberOlson, Guest Relations Manager at The Cromwell, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Thanks for the review Bin. I’m glad your enjoyed the bed and the service was fast and friendly. We hope your next trip to Las Vegas includes another stay at The Cromwell.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Weekday Trip - There were not a lot of games going. There were approximately 10% of the tables open. At times, there were no tables of specific limits available, which led me to go to other casinos to gamble.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kiet N

We appreciate the feedback on our table games, Kiet. I’m sorry the lack of open games caused you to gamble elsewhere. We typically have more gaming options available during the weekends and perhaps your next visit you can try us again.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

I'll start off by saying that I didn't stay at The Cromwell while I was in Vegas (I stayed at Caesar's). And truth be told, I really liked the old Bill's Gambling Hall. It was old-school. But, I made a few trips over to the Cromwell to gamble. I must say, I was impressed! The casino floor is simply gorgeous. It's on the darker side, but it was so well-done.

The staff is what stood out for me. Nearly every staff member I encountered greeted me with a smile and asked how I was doing. Bartender, security, cocktail server, they all did it. And it wasn't some generic greeting that they memorized. It seemed so personable. While sitting at a machine, an employee came up to my husband and I to ask if we needed drinks. She took our order on a tablet, and within minutes the server was there with drinks. Super fast service!

I was so impressed by what I seen on the floor, that I will certainly consider staying at The Cromwell on my next trip to Vegas!

2  Thank cherieb42

We’re glad you found our staff so personable. We strive to impress all of our guests, those staying with us and those choosing to visit us on the casino floor. We do hope that you’ll stay with us during your next trip to Las Vegas.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

My best friend and I stayed at The Cromwell for 4 nights (July 15-19). We both travel to Vegas many times every year with husbands and friends and are both Platinum Caesars reward members so we always stay at those hotels. This trip we had a comped stay at The Cromwell for all 4 nights and after reading some of the reviews we were a bit worried about our trip. We were very pleasantly surprised with our entire stay. Before I break down my review, let me first state that with my job, I travel every week all over the U.S. and I stay at some very nice hotels so I am not rating this hotel so high because I don't travel much. We are very picky and appreciate the nicer places.

Check-in
First let me tell you that our experience with check in was great. We were pleasantly greeted by the front desk and within 5 minutes we had our keys and were on our way to our room. We had read reviews about the loud music and since we both get up early, we requested a room that was away from the noise. We were accommodated with a room on the 5th floor close to the elevators and we were not bothered by the music even one night. I am an extremely light sleeper and just brought ear plugs and had no issue.

Rooms
As I stated, we were in a room on the 5th floor, 2 Queen beds. When we walked in, we agreed that yes, it is a bit dark but really nice and very well decorated. I loved the wood floors and at first I was worried about how clean they would keep them, but housekeeping did a great job keeping them clean. The bathroom was a bit smaller than we were used to but there is a vanity area outside the bathroom so we were able to both get ready at the same time in different areas. The shower is amazing. Rain shower from the ceiling and another shower head option with sprayer. There is a bench to give you a place to set shampoo and shave legs (or whatever else you do with a bench in a shower). The beds were amazing...very comfortable and I love they had dual plug ins on the lamps since we had 2 phones plugged in each night. Overall, I loved the rooms.

Pool
We went up to the pool the Tuesday night we checked in just to look and decide if we wanted to use the pool since they do have a food and beverage minimum most days. Although we were given reservations for loungers with no minimum for Wednesday and Thursday, we decided to use the pool at Caesars since we were told we could use that pool with no charge. NOTE ON THIS: If you want to use the pool at Caesars, you need to talk to the front desk first so they can call over there and provide you with room keys at Caesars front desk for access. We went to the pool without knowing this and were charged $20 each for access. When we got back to the Cromwell we went and talked to the front desk expecting we would be getting an argument for reimbursement and we found the exact opposite. They immediately got the Operations Manager (Anthony Rosa) and he came and talked to us and was the nicest guy....he offered to give us a credit on our bill for what we paid (and then some) and apologized and then arranged for our access the next 2 days. He went out of his way to accommodate us and you never see this in hotels in Vegas. First class staff all the way.

We only had the breakfast in the morning which is complimentary to all guests...another thing you never find in Vegas. The breakfast is awesome...made to order omelets, oatmeal, bacon, really good and spicy sausage, pastries, all the toppings for oatmeal and juices. It was really good way to start the day. Also at end of each hallway, they have a coffee bar with free coffee (I don't drink coffee but my friend does and she said it was great coffee) in the nice paper cups with the sleeves and covers.

Overall this is a great new addition to Vegas and I am already missing being there. I disagree with a lot of negative reviews on here. We had a great time and found every single employee goes out of their way to be nice, and take care of their guests. I think the word is really getting out about this gem because Saturday night the place was very busy and a lot of fun. We will definitely stay here again.

3  Thank Kim B

Thank you for the glowing review Kim! It’s great to hear you and your best friend had such a fantastic stay with us. We look forward to your next stay with us.