“One of the top 66 Restaurants in the world”
Review of Japonais at the Mirage - CLOSED

Japonais at the Mirage
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: The Strip
Cross street: Spring Mountain
Description: East meets West at Japonais. The Chicago and New York favorite treats you to a menu of classic Japanese cuisine with an American twist. Voted one of the top 66 restaurants in the world Condé Nast Traveler.
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Altough I like their Chicago location way more, because of the decor and ambiance, the food is as fantastic as ever. If you love Sushi, you must eat here.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

As a Las Vegas local, we do not go to Strip hotel restaurants very often but we went with out of town friends who were going to see "Love" after dinner and suggested Japonais. It is a great looking place but that is about the only good thing I can say about it. The wine and Sake prices are high even for Strip hotel restaurants. I had a $7 Japanese bottled beer. The Chilean Sea Bass was excellent, very moist with a good sauce. The Yellow Tail Roll ($10 for 6 pieces) and Unagi ($10) were just plain horrible. We had better at our local Smith's grocery store. The Skirt steak was OK but nothing special. The Ginger Mousse ($12) was lackluster. We had been there years ago and it was great. What happened? You could take a cab to much better local restaurant off the strip and still come out ahead.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We visited this restaurant before going to see the Beatles Love at the Mirage. My husband has been to Japan and we are keen fans of Japanese food. We really enjoyed our dining experience at Japoinais. The Miso soup was excellent and as good as the Miso soup served in Japan. We both enjoyed fish for main course. The only slight disappoint was the fact that my meal came with veg which included a lot of celery, which I loath and this wasnt listed on the menu. The waitress was friendly and extremely efficient, which enhanced the whole experience. We really like the decor and ambience of the restaurant. Overall, well worth a visit.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Very good time and my favorite bar and restaurant in Las Vegas. Brad, Victor and Travis have all been there since the place opened and they know me and my wife by name...nowhere else in Las Vegas have I ever had that happen. They enjoy their jobs and you can tell they're like brothers. The jokes they crack about each other make me smile as I write this review. The food is amazing, especially the Robata Grill, and the drinks are made perfect. Do yourself a favor and sit at the bar and prepare for a great night. Thank you guys.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

If you like Japanese food, from the simplest to the most complex, it is an excellent place to bring your friends. The bar area is more drink and finger food although you can have the whole menu served there. Inside is a more traditional approach where you can get the full experience of Japanese specialities but adapted to the new trends. I brought business relatives there as well as family and always got very good comments on my choice of restaurant. I strongly recommend this restaurant...