“Great waffles at breakfast”

Baymont Inn & Suites Las Vegas South Strip
Ranked #138 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Kanazawa, Japan
“Great waffles at breakfast”
Reviewed March 2, 2010

Stayed here for five nights, then at Caesars Palace for two, so this review will be in light of the larger and more famous (and expensive) place. The room I had booked on the net was not available, due to not being a room type at this particular inn, but Tom on the front desk bent over backwards to ensure we got a room that matched our requirements, upgrading us to a junior suite. Reception far smoother and friendlier than Caesars - no half-hour queue for a start.

The room was quiet and clean, though the connecting door to the next door room would not lock. Despite an assurance this would be taken care of, it was not. A minor issue, as we were told that the room would not be let out during our stay (Vegas in the off season I guess).

The free buffet breakfasts were superb, with a variety of both savoury and sweet. The make-your-own waffles were the highlight. The only problem was that the dining area was a little cramped, so we usually took ours to our room.

Anyone who has stayed in the massive Strip hotels will appreciate that from our room to our car was thirty seconds walk. I never imagined this would be an issue, but it was.

The location is good: just off the southern part of the Strip, almost walkable from the rental car place, opposite the Outlet Mall and a short drive from a cheap Food 4 Less supermarket. Nice and quiet too.

Would I stay here again? Without hesitation. It cost less for five nights than CP did for two, and offered more.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Colorado Springs
Reviewed February 28, 2010

Microtel was well worn and dirty... reserved mini suite for 2 nights... Furniture in lobby worn and hallway dirt. In our mini suite the sofa had stains... did not want to sit on it... kitchen sink had something gross in it -- had to clean it.. food left in the refrigerator from previous customer. Suite's furniture worn and could write you name in the dust on the coffee table and small eating table. Were given 2 -onecup- coffee packets.. one reg coffee and one decaf. We used them on the first day - they were not replenished - so no coffee the second morning.. No Chairs or Tables in the breakfast room... only small sofas and small coffee tables to eat at...Very uncomfortable. On Sunday morning the few sofas in the "breakfast" room were occupied so we took our breakfast to the ajoining lobby... There we observed a scruffy person approach the check-in counter and tell the employee he locked himself out of his room 105. We watched the clerk issue him a new room key without asking his name or checking his ID... this is scary.. Oh yes, I forgot to mention the barking dog in the room next to ours...

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Melbourne
Reviewed February 15, 2010

We stayed here in January for 2 weeks and it was an excellent place to stay. The rooms were very clean and confortable, the tv and cable was great, there was a fridge and microwave, plus the best shower you will find at a hotel! Full hot breakfast every day and excellent services in the hotel. It is not walking distance to the strip, but we prefer that. It is only a 5 min drive though, but the distance makes it quiet and safe. It was opposite the las vegas outlet stores which was also a bonus, and is very close to the airport ($15 cab ride). They also allow pets which i think is excellent. The bed was comfortable and we slept well every night. One night there were kids running around, but we rang downstairs and they fixed it right away. There is an Italian resturant and bar across the road which was nice, plus there were takeaway places and resturants a short walk away including Chilis. The staff were excellent. I would highly recommend staying there for anyone, but especially if you want a cheaper, less gaudy, quiet, understated and comfortable place to stay away from the strip.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank friendly_fire22
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed February 14, 2010

If you are going to Vegas and don't want to pay the jacked up rates for a hotel stay here, its only 2 miles from the strip down Las Vegas Blvd. I stayed here 01-07 - 11-10 and everything was great. I don't know what the deal with the "poor customer service" came from other reviewer but The hotels I have stayed at in the last couple of years that is the new norm. The check in was smooth and fast, staff was very helpful and assisted me with all my questions and directions when needed at all hours.

The rooms are great, lots of room and the beds are super nice, very good sleep. The HDTV'S are nice and the internet is super fast, fastest connection I have ever had at a hotel. I downloaded a movie, 1.36 GB in under 10 mins.

I don't know about the food as I never went down but heard some people in the lobby during checkout staying it was good

If you don't mind staying off the strip or driving 2 miles to it stay here, you will not think twice about staying here. I cant wait to go back next year.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank bigdinca
st paul, mn
Reviewed January 5, 2010

Check-in: They asked for my Credit Card, Driver's License...that's fine....then they started making a copy of both. I said I'd rather not have those copied and put on file. I'm very protective of the identity thef t stuff. The lady goes "that's our policy and if you choose not to follow our policy you cannot stay here." I was very annoyed and I had already pre-paid, otherwise I would have left. I complained a bit, but let it go.

Then she gives me a handicapped room. I had made reservations 6 + weeks prior and was one of the first to check in that day. I asked for a regular room and was denied!

I went to their "breakfast" in the morning it was 15+ deep waiting in line, food ran out..people highly irritated. On the good side, The TVs were nice, the internet was fast and free and there is a nice shopping mall across the street.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
North Dakota
Reviewed January 3, 2010

If you're looking for a good non gaming, non smoking, no reort fee hotel with an indoor heated (kinda) pool with free breakfast, microwave, coffeemaker and refrig this is it! It isn't 100 stories tall either, so you don't feel lost in it. It's just a little south on the strip road and very very convenient to the airport and rental car return. The beds are really nice. The free breakfast was good but they don't have any tables, just coffee tables so you could take it back to your room or try to eat off the coffee table. The bathroom was a little small but it did have a bathtub and a seperate switch for the exhaust fan and light. There isn't much of a sound barrier between rooms so we just let the fan run all night, creating that 'white' noise and we slept soundly. Checkout was a breeze.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
SFBayarea
Reviewed November 7, 2009

Rooms have the necessary amenities but were kind of too small. Pillows were too Soft for me. The biggest problem for me was the AC did not work continuously which made my stay quite uncomfortable. On speaking to the front desk, they acknowledged the problem and said they did not have central AC and the room ACs need to be energy efficient as per government regulations. Still I had a difficult time understanding how the ACs would shut off when the room was still hot.

Good things here were smoke-free policy, free breakfast and wifi (excellent speed), good service (especially BJ at front desk). Location wise it was OK. There are groceries and starbucks close by, but note that it can take up to 25 minutes to get to the Bellagio area on the strip during evening time.

A minor point about the decor, probably I expected too much from other reviews it was just OK and not great (for me).

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple