WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Las Vegas South Strip

Baymont Inn & Suites Las Vegas South Strip
Ranked #129 of 267 Hotels in Las Vegas
Toronto, Canada
“Read carefully and call first to avoid surprises”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

I want to love this hotel. The room was really nice--very clean and comfortable and had everything I needed. The staff at the desk was accommodating. The breakfast was what I expected but they ran out of fruit an hour into it so there was no fruit for the remaining two hours of the service. The surprise came regarding the airport shuttle. First of all, it only runs between certain daytime hours so since I had to be at the airport outside of those hours for an international flight, there was no shuttle. The manager thought that I should have known this somehow. I don't see it on any of the web sites. It just says "airport shuttle". Since I choose this hotel because it provided free shuttle, that was disappointing. Also I called them upon arrival at the airport and they said the shuttle would be there in 10-15 minutes but actually after waiting an hour and calling 4 times to be told that it would be there in 15 minutes and then in 3-4 minutes, I took a taxi and they kindly reimbursed me. Wish I'd just been able to take the taxi without waiting for the hour after my long international flight. So, I would recommend this hotel as good value but only if you have your own car. I wouldn't count on the shuttle. It does double duty as an airport shuttle and as a Strip shuttle and sometimes the duties conflict. Or maybe in my case I just had bad luck.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Kathy S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Los Angeles, California, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

The Baymont was great. We had Free breakfast and transportation not to mention the clean room with a fridge. Was great for late night snacking on left overs.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Decatur, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

We had missed our flight so we needed a hotel for the night, and fast! We were able to get a room for a steal of a price ($40) on priceline.com which was really an excellent price for what we got...Unfortunately we didn't know, nor did we think to call and ask, but they offer free shuttle to and from the airport, which will save you $40 right there. We had to leave early the next morning (4:40am) so it was too early to catch the shuttle then either for us. When we arrived we were greeted by a smiling face, I can't remember her name, but she was very welcoming. We needed two beds, and we were booked for just one, She quickly took care of that with no problems. We told her our situation, and she quickly set us up with a wake up call in the morning and offered to set up our cab ride to the airport. The hotel itself is very nice and clean and close to a mall, restaurants, and it's located close between the strip and the airport. Our room was clean, perfect temperature, and had a fridge, microwave and coffeemaker! I say this because our hotel on the strip that we paid triple for lacked those amenities. The sleep quality was great, in a very quiet atmosphere. The only negative I had was the bathroom could have been cleaner. There was hair swept behind the door, old shampoo on the shower curtain, and I found the dreaded short, black, curly hair on the shower floor. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jason R
Blaine
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Property was converted from a Microtel and has problems. Worst, the keycard system does not work. Three separate times we were forced to return from our room to the desk (2 floors away) because the key card ceased working. Once on leaving the room to locking system left the door unlocked (the engineer claimed it was in cleaning mode for an unexplained reason. Each time we complained we got a new card. The engineer came to check the mechanism. And three times the new card failed. One would hope that having the failed card, the hotel could figure the problem. Not so! We should add that the next hotel we moved to had no such problem.

Other problems included no king size beds, a room partition that should have been on a wall (easy to hit your head), and air conditioning that sounded like a plane reving up.

The staff tried and the location was good. The hot breakfast was satisfactory.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

1 Thank Charles H
ALEXANDRA D, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Las Vegas South Strip, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment. I addressed the key issue with you during your stay. When we spoke I was surprised to learn that you had such difficulty as we had no other complaints about keys not working. I did take one night room charge off your bill due to your frustration with your keys. The cabinets are a room divider and a permanent fixture in every room. I am terribly sorry you had an issue with the placement. I do hope you will give us an opportunity in the future to stay with us again.

Alexandra Daro

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Zug
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

Obviously been renovated not long ago. While the rooms are small they are very tastefully decorated. The price was amazingly little for what you get. Good location and no gaming..How nice. Also close to the strip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple