“Meridian is the place to stay!”

Meridian Luxury Suites
Ranked #148 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Richmond, Virginia
“Meridian is the place to stay!”
Reviewed May 28, 2008

Would highly recommend staying at the Meridian
Just got back from 3 night stay. Upgraded from studio to 2 bedroom suite when we arrived. Provided early check-in (11am) and late check-out (3pm). Rooms were huge, clean, and comfortably decorated. Highly recommend requesting building 1 which has its own pool. Having the gates to the hotel and keys to specific buildings was really nice. Hotel was quiet and not having to walk thru a smokey casino was great! Had an issue with hot water heater when we arrived. Someone was there and fixed it within 15 minutes (power-outage had shut off the hot water heater). Great concierge and front desk. Everything we asked for was accomodated. Even had the option of having them bring in groceries. I wouldn’t stay anywhere else in Las Vegas!

• Liked — Fabulous rooms, great pool, wonderful security.
  • Disliked — A few block walk to the strip in the summer might be a little toasty
1 Thank jesssshaw

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 28, 2008

We stayed at the Meridian for my husband's 35th birthday. All I can say about this place is that it was so boring. If you're looking for the fun and glamour of Las Vegas, stay somewhere else. The property looks like it was a timeshare with multiple buildings and converted one building to a hotel. The rooms were nice, but getting to them felt so isolated and weird, with your rolling suitcases echoing through the desolate parking lot.

Normally, when I arrive in Las Vegas, I'm excited for a great time, and arriving to your hotel with a big lobby and beautiful decor always adds to that excitement. My excitement fizzled when I arrived tiny check-in with florescent lights and messy workstations. My distasteful initial reaction actually affected the rest of my trip. The pool accomodations were limited, with no place to buy refreshments, I felt like I was hanging out at my Grandparent's retirement community. Getting a cab was also horrendous, as we discovered from speaking to our cab driver later, that a lot of companies won't go there anymore because the employees have angered them with ordering a cab, then hailing one from the street and leaving the called cab with no fare.

This would be a good place for retired couples who want some quiet or people with families who aren't interested in the fun of Vegas and need a quiet vacation. Don't go here if you're looking for a good time.

• Liked — The rooms were nice
  • Disliked — lousy layout
1 Thank estpierre
Columbus, OH
Reviewed May 27, 2008

This appears to be a decent place for an extended stay but it was a bad fit for my short business trip. My first clue shouldve been the TREK across the grounds with my 2 bags in 106 degree heat. (This was after I lugged the bags up and down the stairs leading to the office - no ramp.) Yes, the properties are spread out but you would think that they could take guests with baggage to their rooms via golfcart. Instead they just hand you a map.
In the suites there are no books explaining services or local attractions. There IS one laminated piece of paper that states the rules and a room service menu. The menu had an 800#. When I called, I was connected with a 3rd party operator who connected me to the front desk. I ordered a small pizza and was told that I could pay with a credit card. When the pizza showed up 45 minutes later (from a local business - not the hotel) it was cash only. I also had a really hard time finding the ironing board, etc. It was just a "miss" for me - I mean, there was no sugar for coffee yet they had every spice imaginable in the spice rack...too much of a hassle.

• Liked — quiet/peaceful
  • Disliked — not customer-focused
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
Orange County, CA
Reviewed May 25, 2008

As many of the reviews indicate, this is a very quiet -- yet close to the Strip -- hotel with huge accommodations. We had a two-bedroom, two-bath suite. It was clean when we arrived and was cleaned by housekeeping after the first night. As also reported, the kitchen is spectacular. The fitness facility is terrific. However, service is non-existent. When you check in, they don't know whether you have paid in advance (via Hotwire or hotels.com, for example) and thus give you a rate which makes no sense. Second, expect no service from the front desk. In our unit, there was no internet modem. While there were several possible wireless connections, none were connected with the hotel so they were useless. We asked the first night about the lack of a modem and were told maintenance would bring it over. The next morning at 10 I asked again as we left for the day. When we returned at 3, no modem -- but "maintenance will be right over." At 5, still nothing and no word. After another visit to the front desk, they confessed that maintenance had ordered a modem but it "hadn't arrived." That's very lame. When I checked out, they offered a $20 credit -- but reneged on that when they realized I had paid in advance. When I asked for the name of the general manager so I could write a note about this, the front-desk clerk didn't know her last name. Very frustrating for such a promising property.

• Liked — Good location, huge room
  • Disliked — Lack of internet access and response to that problem
1 Thank cotokid
Orange County, CA
Reviewed May 17, 2008

The pictures on the hotel website are misleading. This is basically a "remodeled" apartment complex. The outside of the buildings are very dated--unattractive, thick stucco. The insides could be nice but they fell short and cut corners. Apparently the shower head used to be on the opposite end of the tub. The new fixtures were installed at the other end but they failed to remove the old plumbing so there is an ugly old pipe sticking out of the wall. Also they installed a cheap fiberglass tub enclusure over the existing tub which looks really bad. I don't understand why they spent money on granite countertops and floors and then skimped in other areas. Both pools were dirty and the lounge chairs were filthy and stained. I was very disappointed because I was hoping for a nice place to relax but couldn't bring myself to sit down on any of the chairs. I will never stay here again.

1 Thank Mountain77
New York
Reviewed May 17, 2008

We stayed in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo from 4/30-5/4. We paid a reduced rate ($206/night including tax) using a Travelzoo promotion. The condo was as pictured on the website and was clean and comfortable. We did have maid service every day during our stay. Everything would have been fine except for a few problems that were quite annoying. First, when we arrived at our building, the electronic door opener to the underground garage didn't work. Second, when we went to use the telephone in the room, it didn't work. We reported this problem on the first night of our stay (Wednesday). The next day we were left keys for another room. When we checked the telephone in this room, it didn't work either. Although we were told that they would send someone over with keys to another room, they didn't. The third problem we experienced was the thermostat for the air conditioning unit didn't work. If you turned it on, it never shut off. The first morning we woke up to a room that was 57 degrees. Finally, the elevator was broke from Friday evening until we left on Sunday morning. Since we were on the third floor, this was a major inconvnience.

• Liked — Reasonable rate; all the amenities of home
  • Disliked — Problems with teleohone and thermostat
1 Thank yank61
Tewksbury, MA
Reviewed May 15, 2008

We arrived at the Meridian on May 8, 2008 and we were pleasantly surprised to see that it is more like a luxury condo complex. A gate and guard to enter the complex made us feel very safe and like we were at a really exclusive place. We checked in around 11am which is early since most hotels are 2-3pm and they didn't bat an eye...got us right into a top floor room.

So, we walk in and are stunned to see this posh place decked out in leather, marble and granite looking like Ethan Allen came in and furnished the whole place! There was a full kitchen with stainless steel appliances (water/ice maker in fridge door!), really cool square dishes and a full spice rack among other things. Dining room, living room with an awesome flat panel TV and free wireless internet access! Bathroom had tons of space and the bedroom (also had flat panel TV) was beautiful and had a huge closet the length of one whole wall and the doors were all mirrors. There's a coat closet and another closet holding a washer and dryer with detergent already there!

The only issue we encountered was that the bathroom faucet was missing the screen so water splashed everywhere...well I briefly mentioned it to the concierge on our way out and we come home a few hours later...voila! Screen on bathroom faucet!

There are two gorgeous pools and beautiful lounge chairs that are like big couches...very chic! There are other great amenities that we didn't even get to...like tennis courts, sauna, and more stuff that I can't even remember.

The concierge was very helpful with all of our questions, making plans and she recommended some great towns to see and restaurants to eat at. I also found out that this place will stock your fridge before your arrival with anything you want! I think they have a grocery list that they email you.

The last day I was concerned because we flew Southwest, we had to check in exactly 24 hours before to get a decent place in "line", so I stopped at the front desk to ask if the kiosk they had there would print out my boarding pass and the she said it would but insisted on doing it for me! They were so helpful!

Housekeeping did an excellent job every day. It was very quiet...we barely ran into anyone. I really liked that you could go to the Strip for all the action and come back to a nice quiet relaxing place to sleep off all the partying ;)

I can not say enough good things about this place. The Meridian is just off of the Strip on E. Flamingo. You could walk to the Strip, but in summer heat I'd rather drive...especially since there's free parking at every casino!! For the location, accomodations and price, this place is UNBEATABLE!

• Liked — The condo-like set up that included dining room, kitchen, living room, bathroom and bedroom.
  • Disliked — Absolutely nothing!
1 Thank Marcnbecca