Oyster Bar at Harrah's
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Strip
Manchester UK
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We called here for lunch based on reviews and the fact we had been to a show nearby. You can either sit at the bar and watch the food being prepared, or on high tables, just set back from the bar. There is no booking or waiting for a table; just turned up and find yourself a table.

We enjoy oysters and so opted to have a dozen each and intended to follow up with a bowl of bouillbaisse (me) and the terriyaki halibut (for my partner). We were only 1/4 way through the oysters when our waiter brought out our entrees saying 'the chef is pretty quick today'. There was a pause whilst he tried to get us to take the dishes there and then (though how they would even fit on the small table, I do not know). I think our look said it all and he took them away again. When we were ready for them, I think my partner was the winner, with her halibut; it was a nice firm piece of fish with a tasty terriyaki sauce, although it got hotter and hotter as you worked through it. The bouillabaisse was okay; not a particularly big portion and heavy on shellfish, short on meaty fish. There was nothing wrong with it, it just didn't match my idea of a bouillabaisse (as prepared in France). With a mimosa and a plain tomato juice the cost came to $129, plus tip. We didn't think this was a stand out meal and had just as good, or better elsewhere for less. If you are there, give it a go, but we wouldn't recommend making a special journey to go there.

• Visited April 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
“Unfortunate incident”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Family and friends went to enjoy some cocktails and food. Unfortunately my wife was served a drink with a sliver of glass in it! Luckily she didn't swallow it but had small cuts on her tongue. The incident was reported to security but nothing was really done. Considering that she could have swallowed it and been severely injured there was no concern, not even an apology. I would have expected more from Harrah's organization.

Visited February 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Casual, Fun, and Affordable”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I come here every time I'm in Vegas. Sit at the bar and watch them cook your food. The food is affordable (for Vegas prices) and delicious. Ly is the best!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank ineedtotakeavacation
Meriden, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We went there to eat. The service was pushy and limited. The food was horrible and expensive for the little we had! Would never go there again! Bad experience!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank margie_1313
“Spent $80 and left hungry ...”
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

high price for a little serving of food! Appetizer $49 "sample platter (one of each) and two drinks - $80.00

Been to Oyster Bar at Harrah's? Share your experiences!