“Nice Oasis in the middle of a Casino”

Oyster Bar at Harrah's
Ranked #142 of 4,894 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Strip
Las Vegas
“Nice Oasis in the middle of a Casino”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Quickly seated and excellent service really enhanced our dining. We stopped in before watching a performance at the Harrah's Casino and were in a little bit of a rush before the show. I enjoyed the Peel & Eat Shrimp blackened. The Bouillabaisse was proclaimed yummy and we all devoured the Lavosh. Caesar salad was a little to institutional but o.k. I will definitely go back again. It was fun.

• Visited February 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Phoenix
“Delicious Guilt-Free Seafood on Vacation”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I really enjoyed this place a lot and I'll definitely eat there again the next time I'm in Vegas. I ordered the New England Clam Chowder and Pulled Crab Salad*, which is served with an assortment of bread items. My style is to save at least one of the bread pieces to soak up the soup and salad liquids. The portion sizes are pretty generous, and the soup or salad alone would have been enough to fill me up. Speaking of which...the menu offers a lot of items that would give the diner the satisfaction of feeling full (and full of protein) without feeling guilty afterwards.

The seating at the bar lets diners overlook the kitchen, which can be entertaining. And the layout may also make it pretty happening singles scene on certain nights. In general, it lends itself to being a good place to talk to other folks on vacation..

To recap, if seafood is on the brain, and you have a highly discerning palette and/or hgih expectations, this place might it the spot. Prices are more than reasonable for what you get.

*Pictures of the Oyster bar and meals are attached.

1 Thank Richard S
Detroit Michigan
“Used to love this place”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was a must stop place on EVERY trip to Vegas. The seafood was fresh and the service was OUTSTANDING. I was hesitant to write anything negative based on one bad experience, but unfortunately my past 3 visits have been HORRIBLE. Each one getting worse and worse.

This went from being a must stop in place to a must AVOID place. Was here on Thursday the 17th for my last attempt. Arrived around 7pm, and sat at Oyster bar. 10 minutes later no one even acknowledged me. I left and decided to play a few hands of Blackjack and maybe it would slow down and be easier to get service.

Came back at 7:45 and it was less packed. Sat at a table. Waited 10 minutes before I finally grabbed a waiter (yes literally had to grab him). Put in an order for a beer and the 6 shooter. 15 more minutes and still no beer or anyone even acknowledging me. I again grabbed a waiter and said I need to speak with the manager. Manager came over and when I explained my wait, his response was "huh, guess we are pretty busy". Seriously, that was his response. I just left and walked out.

Will NEVER come back. Wish i could say it was just one bad night, but the previous two visits were also lacking any real service.

2 Thank Gregory S
Ontario, Canada
“Good seafood”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Seating was fast and no waiting. Service was good. I had grilled oysters and they are tasty. Only that the oysters were small. I added a ravioli with lobster and that tasted good too. Full menu available at website.

Steinbach, Canada
“Not a big place but big taste”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Walked by the restaurant so often on the way from the monorail, finally grabbed a seat. We had a plate of oysters & Calamari. Both were excellent. Portions were huge for the calamari- I ate a 1/4 of basket, and staff was friendly & Attentive. We sat at the bar surrounding the kitchen. It was interesting to watch the dishes being prepared. It was a pleasant experience.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank CanadianChick43

Been to Oyster Bar at Harrah's? Share your experiences!